Autopsy R13 NM v WCE in Perth

Remove this Banner Ad

Simpkin was huge. Has to stay in the middle
He’s so underrated on here. God you have people saying he’s not even important to the side. Jy is a bloody good footballer, he’s not had a great run of it of late.

He set the tone from the first contest of the game and then had the dancing feet out for his first kick. Those two goals in the last were as clutch as it gets. We have many more years of football to enjoy from him.

Turns out Denis was right - contested possession and tackles do matter - a lot. We actually put pressure on the opposition and won the hardball for three quarters.

Plus 15 in contested possession and plus 22 for tackles.

Tackles:
Season Ave: 55
R.13 v West Coast : 87

Contested possessions:
Season Ave: 121
R.13 v West Coast: 152

Last edited:

A more confident North would have and should have smashed them by 50....but this has been a team that has lacked self belief, supporters have lacked belief, the media have been on us and for us to lose the lead and then get it back free kick or not - you cannot manufacture how much this win meant to all!!

We still have issues but at least the lads, l hope they do, have the confidence that they belong and can take and hold a lead and then regain when all the momentum is against us.

They sung the song with so much emotion...now make it more of an occurrence - GO KANGAS!!!

Review later...just savouring this and doing a check on my laptop after l crushed it when Eagles went ahead in the last quarter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stoked!! Brilliant to see the boys smiling and happy.
McDonald and Jy were both outstanding.
Archer and Curtis brilliant.
LDU, Larkey, Shields, Sheezel, Fisher… when the older/ core group perform it certainly helps.
We’re definitely trying to hold possession more and not move the ball too quickly.
Now let’s get a win at Marvel in front of our home crowd!!!

In Love Hearts GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Jy

Great win and a brilliant performance by all the guys, they all stepped up at various stages when we needed them too.

LDU was fantastic all game, his ability to evade tackles and make space is the best in the game. We need to sign him to a long-term deal as soon as possible.

Simpkin played his best game all year, as did Wardlaw. Sheezel and Powell were also excellent, our midfield actually looks to be heading in the right direction.

Xerri was excellent, despite a few mistakes, and that chase of Ryan in the final quarter was amazing.

That fourth quarter was extremely difficult to watch, with each Eagles goal I was finding it harder and harder to stay excited and not feel as disheartened and depressed as previous weeks, but thankfully the guys showed great heart and fought back. This club is going to kill me, but I'm going to die someday anyway, so, GO NORTH! :)

Will Schofield is great commentator.

Still can’t stand Healy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back