Propsed Side vs St Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Jan 25, 2002
East Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Cincinnati Bengals
This is how I would like to see the Lions run out on Saturday night...

B: Bradshaw Michael Johnson
HB: Lappin Lappitsch B.Scott
C: Akermanis Black Notting
HF: Pike Brown Power
F: McRae Lynch White
FOLL: Charman Voss Hart
INT: Copeland Corrie Shattock Brennan

OUT: McLaren, McGrath
IN: Bradshaw, Brennan

In the backline Michael v Gehrig, Bradshaw v Koschitzke, and Leppitsch v Hammil. Brad Scott and Hart would rotate on Lenny Hayes. Voss and Harvey would go head to head, with Voss given licence to run forward often. Brennan would be the back up ruckman, with White taking the forward ruckwork with Lynch.

I personally wouldn't bring Bradshaw back this week.

He hasn't played senior football for 3 weeks. We've already got too many injuries and a reinjury to a big man would mean players like Spaanderman would have to be used.

I'd say as Bradshaw has this back injury, which could reoccur anytime, we give him one reserves game first. The last thing we want against St.Kilda is to bring someone in who hasn't played for 3 weeks and risk them injurying themselves in the first quarter or whatever giving us a man down.

This is a must win game this week and this would be the team I would use.

B: Pike, Michael Johnson
HB: Lappin Lappitsch B.Scott
C: Akermanis Black Notting
HF: Shattock Brown Power
F: McRae Lynch White
FOLL: Charman Voss Hart
INT: Copeland Corrie Hadley Brennan

In: Hadley, Brennan

Out: McLaren, McGrath

Michael V Gehrig
Leppitsch V Riewoldt - then if Riewoldt is having an influence, we go out on a limb and play Brennan. We couldn't stop Riewoldt last time because we didn't have options. Brennan is an option if Riewoldt is climbing all over Leppitsch.
Pike V Hamill

If Ko****zke lines up forward with the other 3, Brennan or White.

Originally posted by SpecialBruce
We couldn't stop Riewoldt last time because we didn't have options. Brennan is an option if Riewoldt is climbing all over Leppitsch.

I can't recall who lined up on Riewoldt initially, but I am fairly sure Brennan was lining up against him later in the game, and did an alright job.

I guess the flexibility allows us to switch players around. If Brennan ends up on Riewoldt, then White can become the second ruckman.

On reflection of the team, I would like to squeeze Hadley in there as he would be an ideal run with midfielder. He did a good job on Buckley, and still got a bit of the ball himself. Not sure who I would omit, but if Bradshaw doesn't pull up then that would solve that problem.

Originally posted by cjwalkley
I guess the flexibility allows us to switch players around. If Brennan ends up on Riewoldt, then White can become the second ruckman.

On reflection of the team, I would like to squeeze Hadley in there as he would be an ideal run with midfielder. He did a good job on Buckley, and still got a bit of the ball himself. Not sure who I would omit, but if Bradshaw doesn't pull up then that would solve that problem.

According to the courier-mail, the problem is solved.

it really is the battle of the flexible lineups really - both teams have a number of players that can play either end or in various positions...

Koschitzke
Riewoldt
Maguire
Leppa
Bradshaw
Pike

to name a few.

it will be a corker. i almost wish i could watch it as a neutral....

Team for weekend is.

BRISBANE LIONS
B: C. Johnson M. Michael D. White
HB: R. Copeland J. Leppitsch N. Lappin
C: B. Scott M. Voss J. Akermanis
HF: L. Power J. Brown T. Notting
F: M. Pike A. Lynch C. McRae
FOLL: J. Charman, S. Black, S. Hart
I/C: A. Shattock, A. Corrie, J. Brennan, R. Hadley
EMG: J. Adcock, J. Macdonald, M. Moody

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad