Training Preseason chat 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Hasn't been posted yet, but I like the sound of this. Seemed to be a bit of a late bloomer so who knows what his ceiling is like.

A few on the Durples board rated him highly after watching him develop at Peel.

Please excuse my ignorance, but are the general public banned from attending training sessions this year? I'm genuinely missing the insightfulness we get from our bigfooty experts.
A few clubs seem to be very secretive this preseason. Pretty annoying off the back of the last 2 years.

Don't hassle the Hough?

has anyone heard how amiss, erasmus & johnson are going at freo preasason?

Haven't heard much about Amiss, which is about right as a developing tall. He'll be a slow burn for them.

Johnson is in for surgery so won't be getting games for a while.

Erasmus is burning up the track, one of their better runners, should play round 1.

Waterhouse set for a career best season.

ArdentEagle you might be right ya silly campaigner.
Awe shucks! I'm a gracious and humble victor.

Suckit GIFs | Tenor

Can You Feel It GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Was gutted to miss Hough in the player sponsor draft. Reckon he has mercurial ability and once developed, also won't have any major holes in his game. Beautiful kick, speedy, agile, already our best player, good overhead and a great tackler.

I am exceedingly sad I can no longer find that pic of Brayden in his passionfruit smugglers.

I legit spent 15 mins looking for it to emphasis my point. Think it's an Instagram thing, and i don't do Instagram.

Brayden in smugglers, cut like a diamond.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I legit spent 15 mins looking for it to emphasis my point. Think it's an Instagram thing, and i don't do Instagram.

Brayden in smugglers, cut like a diamond.

Busy day at the orifice?

Yeah its confirmed. His total was 215 for the year but according to footywire he only had 12 games where he actually played. So he should be 17.9 per game.

Correct. AFL.Priddis includes unused substitutes as matches within its statistics.

I had to compare the total figures against the averages to confirm it.

It would be helpful if that site actually included "Games played" in their figures, but that is obviously too much of an ask.

In regard to Pressure Acts (and Ground Ball Gets), it is also worth looking at the ratio of where they occur - as you can see the club has been pushing players back defensively so much that their impact up forward is negligible.

In regard to Jones, this effect can be seen where last season less than 15% of his ground ball gets were inside forward fifty.

Here is a list of how the club compares to the top end of the competition in this area.

2021-PAs-GBGs.jpg

From memory I think it was the Hawks who picked a rookie last year as their sub, but he didn't make it out on the ground as there was no injuries.

It still counted as his debut game for his match tally.
Yep. Downie, round 1. Clarko also announced he was making his debut. he got one game late in the year.

Best 22 without - JD, Allen , shuey , cripps , rioli , Ledwards

B .Hurn Barrass cole
HB Duggan McGovern Rotham
C gaff sheed Chesser
HF Ryan Kennedy Petruccelle
F. Jones B.Williams waterman
Foll Natanui Kelly Yeo
Int Redden Hedwards SPS Foley
Sub Nelson

Redden and SPS are our extra mids and redden can tag if required . I would like SPS to attend centre bounces more than sheed TBH

Foley is the extra back

Hedwards can play back and ruck allowing Williams to stay forward or switch gov forward when BBW rucks

Best 22 without - JD, Allen , shuey , cripps , rioli , Ledwards

B .Hurn Barrass cole
HB Duggan McGovern Rotham
C gaff sheed Chesser
HF Ryan Kennedy Petruccelle
F. Jones B.Williams waterman
Foll Natanui Kelly Yeo
Int Redden Hedwards SPS Foley
Sub Nelson

Redden and SPS are our extra mids and redden can tag if required

Foley is the extra back

Hedwards can play back and ruck allowing Williams to stay forward or switch gov forward when BBW rucks

Jesus even without 5G Ovaries and Brander we're still tall as ****.

Remove this Banner Ad

Training Preseason chat 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Back