Training Preseason 2022/23 Talk & Media/Social Media etc.

Which of these players do you think will be selected in the Crows' Round 1 team?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Tells you everything you need to know when despite training the house down, he’s been in the possibles team all the way through.

Then add Nicks comments about competition for midfield spots and poor bugger, no matter what he does, he knows he’s stuck in the 2s unless we get injuries or one of the experienced guys form drops massively.

Would suck to go through the whole preseason with that reality considering where he was at previously.

I really respect him for putting his head down and having a crack

The game has sort of gone the other way , even Tom Mitchell is finding out

Mids need to have versatility these days that’s for sure , glad our next gen ones do

And yet he will play because as you said he’s got that mid / forward flexibility

He will play mid forward and rotate , there are also 4 places on interchange

Of course he will play in front of Mchenry if it came to that , he’s a better player

If he was such a liability in midfield he wouldn’t be getting B and F and Brownlow votes and media award votes

Experienced footballers in media would be all over it if he wasn’t up to it

There is no way he will miss round 1 unless injured , he might even be VC
"If he was such a liability in midfield he wouldn’t be getting B and F and Brownlow votes and media award votes."

If I had to pick my best team using every player in the league wines wouldn't be in it. You know, the guy who won the brownlow. Thats how irrelevant awards are.

"If he was such a liability in midfield he wouldn’t be getting B and F and Brownlow votes and media award votes."

If I had to pick my best team using every player in the league wines wouldn't be in it. You know, the guy who won the brownlow. Thats how irrelevant awards are.
I think what's irrelevant here is your opinion mostly....

I’ll take the opinions of umpires and coaches over yours, tbh

I really respect him for putting his head down and having a crack

The game has sort of gone the other way , even Tom Mitchell is finding out

Mids need to have versatility these days that’s for sure , glad our next gen ones do
Difference at COLL is their shortage of inside MIDS ....Adams the only other I can think of ....so Titch is a need

At the Crows, we have no shortage of inside mids, albeit they're still developing ....and the ones we have can kick over a jam tin, and have better leg speed

That said ...Will Brodie proved last year, a slow inside mid still has a role, at the right Club

We haven’t got access to every player in the comp , that’s the bit you seem to fail to grasp

It’s not a difficult concept for most

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ll take the opinions of umpires and coaches over yours, tbh
The umps gave Ben 3 of his 11 votes in the R1 game against Freo..

a game we lost by a point..

surprisingly due to Ben not even being able to kick more than 40m in the dying seconds of the game..

oh, and then there were his three shanks that went out of bounds or just scraped in for behinds at one point.

strange that.. the bloke that essentially lost the crows the game of his own shit boot was still awarded the 3 votes from the umps..

the Brownlow is a fxxkn joke.. votes nearly always go to the player who accumulates shotloads of possessions regardless of whether that results in their team winning or not.. Keays got 37 touches in that R1 game.. more than half of his disposals where garbage and most of his kicks on goals he shanked!.

brownlow votes.. pffft.

The umps gave Ben 3 of his 11 votes in the R1 game against Freo..

a game we lost by a point..

surprisingly due to Ben not even being able to kick more than 40m in the dying seconds of the game..

oh, and then there were his three shanks that went out of bounds or just scraped in for behinds at one point.

strange that.. the bloke that essentially lost the crows the game of his own s**t boot was still awarded the 3 votes from the umps..

the Brownlow is a fxxkn joke.. votes nearly always go to the player who accumulates shotloads of possessions regardless of whether that results in their team winning or not.. Keays got 37 touches in that R1 game.. more than half of his disposals where garbage and most of his kicks on goals he shanked!.

brownlow votes.. pffft.

I know stats don’t tell a full story. In that game Brayshaw (who is a gun) had 28 touches (20 kicks) and went at 60% - Keays had 24 kicks and went at 67%. Brayshaw was their best

That’s a pretty good game by a rubbish mid - even you would agree

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Sorry for the delay.

Boys looked sharp again today with oncoming trials giving players greater incentive to perform well on track

Good numbers again today Worrell back in full training. Bond participated in early drills before running with cook in rehab

Murray also in rehab group today full time

Milera and Jones in full scale training

Dowling not seen. Sloane no longer wearing hat but butts still is

More to follow

Remove this Banner Ad

Training Preseason 2022/23 Talk & Media/Social Media etc.

Back