Player X vs Y

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not being biased but watson, I think Stanton, heppell, zaharakis are easier to tag out of games thus will get the number one tag. Also he wins his own contested ball, and can kick goals. I'm leaving rockliff as an upgrade target
Roughead v gunston?
I would say Roughy, but who knows with buddy out and him potentially spending more time closer to home in the 50.

Grimes vs Suckling
T Mitchell vs Parker vs Dusty Martin (2 of)
And McDonough vs honeychurch vs Impy vs JKH vs Merrett (3 of)

Last edited:
My concerns about the JS of Def and Fwd rookies is leading me to consider some mid-priced options.
Gray and Rookie
vs
Caddy and Higgins

I would say Roughy, but who knows with buddy out and him potentially spending more time closer to home in the 50.

Grimes vs Suckling
T Mitchell vs Parker vs Dusty Martin (2 of)
And McDonough vs honeychurch vs Impy vs JKH vs Merrett (3 of)
I have Martin and Mitchell. Tough to split Mitchell and Parker. Toss a coin?
I think Impey and JKH are more likely to play, others uncertain. Does that help?

Higgins has good JS and should raise in price, if his preseason is anything to go by (and if he stays away from injury)
Agreed. If he stays healthy, IF, then he is certain to make you plenty of cash & score plenty of points. Could even be a keeper.
Did I mention 'IF'?
IF
I
F

Caddy and Higgins, unless its for F5 F6 and you can afford Rohan as your rookie.

Hanley v Enright v HTaylor for D4?

Marc Murphy vs Libba

Murphy has a lower price due to his 2013 injuries, but Libba looks set to increase with an improvement on his outside game over the pre-season.

Marc Murphy vs Libba

Murphy has a lower price due to his 2013 injuries, but Libba looks set to increase with an improvement on his outside game over the pre-season.

Murph had a pretty good start to the year bar one or two games until he got injured in the Hawthorn - I still probably see more upside in Libba in terms of racking up contested possessions and i think griffen is the dogs main man to tag.

If it meant you were picking up another premo forward or back and getting rid of a mid pricer in those lines im tempted to say Murph but if you're going for scoring on these two specifically then i think Libba is your man this year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What does that mean?

That you'd only take Gunstan out of those 3? o_O
Pretty much.

Pav is just an unknown quantity after a year off. Much older and the team has progressed around him. He could well get back to his best, but I'm not betting a starting selection on him. Upgrade later if need be.

Buddy is pretty much the same. Plus he's at the Swans who like to share the ball around a bit. And it's a tiny ground. Rather wait and see there.

Wingard is waaaaaaaaaaay too over-rated IMO. The kids a jet, but.. in 6 out of 24 games, he scored less than 80. That's almost 25% of his games under 80. In 15 of his 24 games, he failed to score 100, which is 60%. Also, people seem to forget that in at least 2 games that I can remember, he scored 40 odd bonus points for making a game winning play, which pretty much only occured because Port decided not to play the first half of most games. Can't see that happening again.

Gunston scored less than 80 in 7/23 (30%) and less than 100 in 13 of 23, 56%

Gunston less than 80 - 30%, less than 100, 56% - price: 447k
Wingard less than 80 - 25%, less than 100, 60% - price: 531k

A no brainer for mine, especially with Buddy gone, with 84k spare in the pocket.

Impey and Robertson for the 2, Taylor's injured.

As for your first question, I have the same problem!

Taylor isn't injured anymore. Unless he picked up another niggle I didn't hear about. Impressed in the reserves practice match the other day. Probably will spend a couple of weeks in the reserves though.

Taylor isn't injured anymore. Unless he picked up another niggle I didn't hear about. Impressed in the reserves practice match the other day. Probably will spend a couple of weeks in the reserves though.
Ok my mistake. Do you think he's worth starting with as a forward rookie?

Pretty much.

Pav is just an unknown quantity after a year off. Much older and the team has progressed around him. He could well get back to his best, but I'm not betting a starting selection on him. Upgrade later if need be.

Buddy is pretty much the same. Plus he's at the Swans who like to share the ball around a bit. And it's a tiny ground. Rather wait and see there.

Wingard is waaaaaaaaaaay too over-rated IMO. The kids a jet, but.. in 6 out of 24 games, he scored less than 80. That's almost 25% of his games under 80. In 15 of his 24 games, he failed to score 100, which is 60%. Also, people seem to forget that in at least 2 games that I can remember, he scored 40 odd bonus points for making a game winning play, which pretty much only occured because Port decided not to play the first half of most games. Can't see that happening again.

Gunston scored less than 80 in 7/23 (30%) and less than 100 in 13 of 23, 56%

Gunston less than 80 - 30%, less than 100, 56% - price: 447k
Wingard less than 80 - 25%, less than 100, 60% - price: 531k

A no brainer for mine, especially with Buddy gone, with 84k spare in the pocket.

Ok then.

Who out of Roughead and Gunstan? o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back