List Mgmt. Player Ages Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Palmers had much more serious injuries than Myers, but he is also listed.

Im not sure who else is at fault for your body not being up to the rigours of AFL footy, some just arent meant to be.

FWIW im saying as a pick 6 he has been a fail up to this date (before this season) whether you like it or not. Its a tough pill to swallow i know for don fans, but its reality hes been well below par for a top 6 pick thats not a key position/ruck.

Palmers had much more serious injuries than Myers, but he is also listed.

Im not sure who else is at fault for your body not being up to the rigours of AFL footy, some just arent meant to be.

FWIW im saying as a pick 6 he has been a fail up to this date (before this season) whether you like it or not. Its a tough pill to swallow i know for don fans, but its reality hes been well below par for a top 6 pick thats not a key position/ruck.

Please stop posting about Myers.

Myers has been fantastic this year and had been servicable when he had played when he was injury riddled, he is another one like Hurley who needs to string together games together to show his talent and continue his development.

his clearances are invaluable to our team. Every team needs a player or a few actually who can hoof the ball to get it over a zone or to releive pressure out of defence and Myers has done that and more this year, he is starting to show exactly why he was taken at pick 6 and im quite glad that we did.

We would be a much worse team without him in our 22.

Please stop posting about Myers.

Myers has been fantastic this year and had been servicable when he had played when he was injury riddled, he is another one like Hurley who needs to string together games together to show his talent and continue his development.

his clearances are invaluable to our team. Every team needs a player or a few actually who can hoof the ball to get it over a zone or to releive pressure out of defence and Myers has done that and more this year, he is starting to show exactly why he was taken at pick 6 and im quite glad that we did.

We would be a much worse team without him in our 22.
No

Ive had no problem with Myers season, its been very solid. I said hes been a 'failure' to this point (before the season) in regards to such a high pick used on a NON KPP/ruck. Not sure how anyone can dispute that, his body has failed him till this point (being start of 2013).

Im not so sure about that.

No

Ive had no problem with Myers season, its been very solid. I said hes been a 'failure' to this point (before the season) in regards to such a high pick used on a NON KPP/ruck. Not sure how anyone can dispute that, his body has failed him till this point (being start of 2013).

Im not so sure about that.

So how is the jury not out on Gumbleton then? He's on the list and by that reasoning, looking at specific time limitations, it's not until their careers at Essendon are over until you can judge whether they were wasted picks or not.

I'm happy for you to write off our players but don't discount people who don't.

So how is the jury not out on Gumbleton then? He's on the list and by that reasoning, looking at specific time limitations, it's not until their careers at Essendon are over until you can judge whether they were wasted picks or not.

I'm happy for you to write off our players but don't discount people who don't.
It wouldnt matter what Gumby does now. Even if he wins a norm smith in our premiership success.

His body has failed him for too long as a number 2 draft pick.

Its not about that, its more whether they have been a 'failed" or "not a failed" pick. Theres obviously a scale with all things like this.

gumby in his 7th year has played 30 games. and he was offered a one yer contract in 2013..

of course its a fail.

jury still out on Myers but he is trending upwards.

Myers and Gumbleton haven't lived up to expectation overall because of injuries, rather than a lack of ability/effort when they've actually been out on the park. I think using the term 'failure' when injuries are associated just gets people's goat up, because it is a pretty blanket term.

This discussion has been had before, by the way. Here it is.

Myers and Gumbleton haven't lived up to expectation overall because of injuries, rather than a lack of ability/effort when they've actually been out on the park. I think using the term 'failure' when injuries are associated just gets people's goat up, because it is a pretty blanket term.

This discussion has been had before, by the way. Here it is.
It wasnt my term

Brunov called it the failed list, i just went with it.

I said myers body has failed himself

I said that myers has been a failure to now (before 2013) which i have emphasised, which would suggest the jury is still out.

But no i wasnt the one that started using that term

basically just delete everything from
Melksham, Lucas or Gysbetts?

to this part of this post

lotta talk about GWS trading the number 1 pick (hey you know, melbourne might have it........) but as far as I know, a NFL-esque 'downgrade' of a top pick just because you don't need the player that should be taken there is basically unprecedented here. If it was to happen, I reckon the Bulldogs are the most sensible team to get involved and get the pick. But even then I have no idea if they can offer enough to get GWS to switch. If we could trade future draft picks in the AFL maybe........

Do we have a deficiency? Yes a line breaking midfielder and crumbing small forward.
Do we have a surplus? Yes key position players.
Solution - part with one of Hooker, Pears or Gumbelton to land the pick required to get Dayle Gartlett.
If a club offered 2 second round picks for Hooker again we should snatch it in a heartbeat!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we already have the required pick to land garlett should we want to go there.

most of the bottom 10 ish clubs will avoid him for various reasons. so I really can't see him going top 10 when he's stuck in the wafl and all the other blokes are getting all the attention in the national championships.

I really don't think we'll pick him at all, if we do I highly doubt we'll have to trade up to get to him.

I don't get how we have a deficiency in line-breaking midfielders. Hawthorn has 1 (Hill), Sydney 1 (Jetta) and us one (Zaka)

We wont know if Myers and Gumbleton are "failures" until the end of there careers. What we do know is that we "failed" picking someone better with those picks

Um, we were always going to pick a KPP. So would you prefer loose man in defence Hansen or sooky lala Jack Riewoldt?

both

but obviousily the 2 time and current coleman medalist

I don't care how good a player is, if he's a prat like Riewoldt I don't want him at Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Player Ages Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back