AFL Player #11: Jade Gresham

Remove this Banner Ad

He's a good player in an area we lack but just not sure why we recruited him. He's very similar to what we already have but his pressure is average and he isn't the most damaging going around.

Feels like we recruited him because he's good and plays forward even though he isn't the forward we need.

It's the reason why I don't want Ainsworth, it's the same again and not what we need

He hasn't been a mainstay forward, so to judge him based on scoring output and disregard his work around the ground/team efforts does him no justice in my opinion. Would flourish as a small forward if we had our act together/were in a later stage of development and had others to take up the chunk of the role that he's been doing. Casting our ballots this early in his tenure with us is silly to be honest.

View attachment 2038452
View attachment 2038456View attachment 2038453
Good stats.
Assists and inside 50’s were expected.
Clearances (4th?!?!) were unexpected and show extra value.

He is what Collingwood wanted Lachie Schultz to be.
eh, i can see the comparison but i think pies play schulz far deeper than we do gresham. schulz also has kicked more goals (probably, at least the eye test)

i think gresh’s been a pretty solid pick up, as others have stated he does good work up the ground as a connector and is doing that really well, just wish he hit the scoreboard more

eh, i can see the comparison but i think pies play schulz far deeper than we do gresham. schulz also has kicked more goals (probably, at least the eye test)

i think gresh’s been a pretty solid pick up, as others have stated he does good work up the ground as a connector and is doing that really well, just wish he hit the scoreboard more
He is smart but just a little frustrating some of the misses that are kickable barely register a behind. Seems a decent set shot it's on the run seems less reliable. Career conversion is around 55%

What even is a Jade Gresham

he seems like a "Weideman deal".

Looks good, maybe bit of a steal for 8-10 games then you see why he was an Aint.
Too harsh?

he seems like a "Weideman deal".

Looks good, maybe bit of a steal for 8-10 games then you see why he was an Aint.
Too harsh?
you're like my mrs asking for an ice cream on the way home.

Stop beating around the bush.. just say it

Gresham is shit and we are stuck with him

scored 2.0. on the face of it, that seems fine. can't remember him laying a F50 tackle or winning a crumb at ground level, other than his banana goal at the end (which should have been the sealer)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is a bit hard to get a read on . You watch the game and you see a few mistakes and wonder what we are getting as there was no score impact but then you see he had the most tackles inside 50 on the ground with 4 which well above average. A couple of clearances. A couple of intercepts and 2 goal assists which was 4th best on the ground. Clearly it would be much better if he nails a goal or two every week but despite his average pace he was the one bloke who provided some forward pressure and effort. We see the 0 goals and the 3 or 4 blunders but we do miss the team stuff he is doing.

He is what Collingwood wanted Lachie Schultz to be.

Good shout actually;

FA for Gresham vs a 2nd rounder (34) and a Future 1st (currently Pick 7) for Schultz

Gresham has more:
Disposals
i50s
Clearances
Score Involvements
Metres Gained

Schultz has more:
Marks
Goals
Tackles
Tackles i50

Adds up to Schultz playing deeper, but they also both average 60 in SuperCoach so it's a bit much of a muchness in some ways. Collingwood also paid a lot for Schultz the way it stands, and he's about the same age as Gresham.

AFL Player #11: Jade Gresham

Remove this Banner Ad

Back