Autopsy Pies v Kuwarna (Crows) - AFL Rd 10, 2024 - Sat May 18TH 1:45PM (M.C.G.)

Who will win and by how much?

• Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 6 15.8%
  • Crows by a goal or less

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 16 42.1%
  • Crows by 7 - 20

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 10 26.3%
  • Crows by a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

When this was on the tv we all knew it was a behind then they showed the next frame and gave it a goal and the useless lard head pathetic low IQ Victorian commentators LOl to call them that said nothing hope they get a huge bout of .......tonight dial 000 in case
Have you been drinkin'?

let it go GIF

Have you been drinkin'?
Maybe he has. But even sober I would be getting antzy if this was ruled against my team. In isolation , I wouldn't mind the call as the ball has clearly crossed the goal line as distinct from the line of the post padding. But AFL in its infinite wisdom has determined the padding counts, and in every similar vision I've seen this year the video ump has solemnly intoned' We can clearly see the ball is touched before crossing the line". It's this consistent inconsistency that grinds peoples gears, especially as it almost always goes the way of the home team in games between interstate sides.

Maybe he has. But even sober I would be getting antzy if this was ruled against my team. In isolation , I wouldn't mind the call as the ball has clearly crossed the goal line as distinct from the line of the post padding. But AFL in its infinite wisdom has determined the padding counts, and in every similar vision I've seen this year the video ump has solemnly intoned' We can clearly see the ball is touched before crossing the line". It's this consistent inconsistency that grinds peoples gears, especially as it almost always goes the way of the home team in games between interstate sides.
Padding counts?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When this was on the tv we all knew it was a behind then they showed the next frame and gave it a goal and the useless lard head pathetic low IQ Victorian commentators LOl to call them that said nothing hope they get a huge bout of .......tonight dial 000 in case
That happened a number of years ago at Marvel. Priddis hand completely bent backward from touching the ball off the kick, showed in HD, commentators went completely silent. 10 seconds later, suddenly the only footage available was grainy AF and commentators rambling on about how it was 'inconclusive', despite the previous replay being shown live on TV. Goal to Collingwood.

Let’s be honest, counting steps or measuring metres isn’t really that relevant.

Umpires are not counting how many steps a player takes of tracking how many metres they think a player has run. They pretty much vibe it which is why it’s nearly never paid, because it has to be obvious for the umpires to pick up on it.

The fact that all the commentators had no clue what had been paid is a sign it wasn’t an obvious free. Why did the umpire all of a sudden decide to pay it?

Let’s be honest, counting steps or measuring metres isn’t really that relevant.

Umpires are not counting how many steps a player takes of tracking how many metres they think a player has run. They pretty much vibe it which is why it’s nearly never paid, because it has to be obvious for the umpires to pick up on it.

The fact that all the commentators had no clue what had been paid is a sign it wasn’t an obvious free. Why did the umpire all of a sudden decide to pay it?
Well we have three possibilities here:
1. Big conspiracy to get crows to lose game
2. Big conspiracy to get pies the win
3. The umpire thought the player ran too far

Well we have three possibilities here:
1. Big conspiracy to get crows to lose game
2. Big conspiracy to get pies the win
3. The umpire thought the player ran too far

For the record I wasn’t implying conspiracy. I just think it’s a shit call.

I’ve always been of the belief that what comes around goes around. I do look forward to it coming around to us though because we certainly seem to be getting the shit end of the stick with late game umpiring calls at the moment.

Back