Autopsy Euro-Yroke (Saints) v Walayalup (Freo) - AFL Rd 10, 2024 - Saturday May 18th 7:30pm - (Marvel)

Who will win and by how much?

• Saints by a goal or less

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Freo by a goal or less

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Saints by 7 - 20

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Freo by 7 - 20

Votes: 13 41.9%
  • Saints by a lot

• Freo by a lot

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Draw

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

At the end of the day, they chose to play Bonner who typifies slow ball movement. They've proactively decided to play the slow chip chip game style with Bonner being the sweeper. That's on StKilda. No-one else to blame.

The drop off from the Saints since they beat us has been dramatic. What's the reason for it? I don't think injuries are of any significance. Game plan? Fitness? Motivation? All of the above?
It’s a good question- they are seriously underperforming- I don’t get what’s happened. Just playing such ordinary footy and they can play much better than that.

The drop off from the Saints since they beat us has been dramatic. What's the reason for it? I don't think injuries are of any significance. Game plan? Fitness? Motivation? All of the above?
Burnout?

Don't look like they are having fun.

Look like they are stuck working on a gulag.

It’s a good question- they are seriously underperforming- I don’t get what’s happened. Just playing such ordinary footy and they can play much better than that.

Smacks a bit of wanting to grab some early draft picks to be honest.

Collard got three touches in the ressies last week and came straight in.

Some weird selection moves, albeit that the youngsters are getting a good run.

Thoughts on tonight's game between St Kilda and Fremantle?

My thoughts are that nearly every Fremantle win is not a proper win and tonight was no exception. Forward line was very disappointing especially Amiss who's behinds tally was greater than goals tally.

Should Freo qualify for September action, I can't see any damage being done unless we see a change in forward line.

That's why, based on what we saw at Marvel Stadium tonight, Tasmania are more closer to a Flag than Freo and are more closer to September action than Gold Coast.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Comical that if Fremantle had won one of the last gasp losses against Carlton or Port theyd be third, a whisker off second

Not really. We’ve had two poor games against your mob and the swans. Every other game we have either won or lost by a small margin. We are doing alright other than kicking the goals we should

Smacks a bit of wanting to grab some early draft picks to be honest.

Collard got three touches in the ressies last week and came straight in.

Some weird selection moves, albeit that the youngsters are getting a good run.
Maybe- but the marks the forwards aren’t holding, the weak tackles, the poor decisions- it’s weird. Maybe you are right.
What’s up with Phillipou?

Maybe- but the marks the forwards aren’t holding, the weak tackles, the poor decisions- it’s weird. Maybe you are right.
What’s up with Phillipou?

Yeah there’s definitely a funk about the group, completely different to the start of the season where we pushed Geelong, beat the Pies and just lost to the Bombers.

To be honest, I blame Dougal Howard.

Yeah there’s definitely a funk about the group, completely different to the start of the season where we pushed Geelong, beat the Pies and just lost to the Bombers.

Yep- they started really well. Gone backwards in a big way.

Hehe Dougal. That’s a dogs name. Not a people name

Back