List Mgmt. Pick #5 - Welcome Adam Cerra [Traded to Carlton for 6 & F3]

Which brand of spud do we end up with (not if you want them or not)

• SPS

• Fisher

• Carroll

• Newnes

• Dow

• Nada

• Brackets McSpuddin

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Eagles best player Nic Nat is on $625k for 2021.

Yeah seems very legit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The very next week after he signed his last extension he appeared in the last half a second of the hungry jacks advert, completely spliced in.

His hourly rate for that would be astounding.

My god there’s a lot of bullsh*t on this thread. He probably just wants to go home, because well… it’s home.. Doubt it’s at the behest of his “rich parents” or girlfriend. Adam strikes me as a family oriented guy, so clearly his family is higher up on the priority list than the sporting team he plays for. More power to him as far as I’m concerned.

I'd be telling the scum to ggf if I was Kennedy. If I made extra coin off my own bat and they shortchanged me because I was earning extra elsewhere
The elsewhere deal is also arranged by the club, or should I say that the club green lights the use of their player for the sponsor but they also arranged the payment for it.

It's just shifting money they were always going to pay the player outside the salary cap so they can look after more players on their list.

The elsewhere deal is also arranged by the club, or should I say that the club green lights the use of their player for the sponsor but they also arranged the payment for it.

It's just shifting money they were always going to pay the player outside the salary cap so they can look after more players on their list.
Ahhhh YOU have made it clear to understand. Thanks

People are so quick to judge on here. Maybe his girlfriend - who he loves even more than kicking a football! - is really struggling mentally from being separated from her old friends and family, and hasn’t been able to make the right kind of new connections in Perth? Maybe it worries Cerra that he’s unable to see his family? Maybe together they are trying to decide what they think gives them the best chance of being happy long term.

what makes you think his family don’t want what’s best for him? Maybe they have said “Adam, whatever you decide is best for you, we will always support you and love you”?

He better make sure he buys a house within 5km of his family here in Melbourne then! Welcome to the lockdown capital of the world. They will be sick of their family after a year in lockdown here!

It's probably a good thing Men are more accommodating with their partners than yesteryear.

There's 18 clubs for these guys to choose from and it's really us fans that emphasise the loyalty and emotional impact whereas these guys are motivated differently, such as benefits and entitlements and good work culture.

It's why someone like Lobb can ask for a trade to a Melbourne club because the work opportunity being offered to his Mrs is unique whereas all the footy clubs are more or less the same.

If the only viable option for Cerra is at Carlton then it doesn't equate to a good work culture and therefore he'd be foolish to go. Imagine spending 4 years at one club and deal with a change in senior coach, assistants and half the list turned over only to move to another club and deal with the exact same thing. If he did go then it truly would be all family and financial reasons and nothing more.

FWIW, my realistic hope was never for Cerra to be a 350 game player for Freo - it's just not going to happen. It was actually to stick around for a set period and aim for a premiership. Yes he's joined during a difficult period but from what I understand he believes Freo has the goods to make it happen in the next few years. There's no reason why he couldn't commit to the age of 23-24 and then get another 10 years with a Melbourne club.

And if we don't get there, at least he's repaid the club that has supported his key development - not just in football but in many areas of his life.

As someone from an Italian background there's still some pretty old school ways of working out there still. Italian families aren't alone in this but they are elite at using guilt and obligation.

I know I'm generalising so I might be wrong but it wouldn't surprise me.
I can relate and unequivocally confirm that if Cerras family are anything like mine there would be a LOT of pressure to come home .
He might be blaming his GF but that would just be deflecting .
From what I’ve heard he wasn’t too wrapped about getting drafted by Freo so would have had a foot out the door the whole time .
Let him go , blood Chappy on the wing then work him into the guts .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of my best friends is Italian and her family is the bane of our friendship circles existence. They literally have some large family event on every single weekend and usually once during the week that “can’t be missed” due to the wrath of Nonna etc

In conclusion, screw you Nonna. Cerra must stay.
NO ONE screws with Nanna 🤣
Mine is about 4 foot tall by 4 foot wide
Tough as an old boot and wily as a Fox

NO ONE screws with Nanna 🤣
Mine is about 4 foot tall by 4 foot wide
Tough as an old boot and wily as a Fox

Don't I know it. I just say "yes". But that's still not enough.

Looks like some part of the Board don't like what Ross got up to with his budding Boobs scenario.
Ah the past is catching up with him.
Looks like Teague stays, and maybe Cerra goes, but Teague will be watching his shadow.
He'll be a dead man walking

Looks like some part of the Board don't like what Ross got up to with his budding Boobs scenario.
Ah the past is catching up with him.
Looks like Teague stays, and maybe Cerra goes, but Teague will be watching his shadow.
He'll be a dead man walking
We should take Teague as an assistant coach. He is close with JLO and brings much more than what we currently have.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Pick #5 - Welcome Adam Cerra [Traded to Carlton for 6 & F3]

Back