Overall, which club is more successful?

Which club(s) are more successful?

• Carlton/Essendon - 16 flags.

Votes: 157 84.4%
  • Collingwood - 14 flags... (longest period with most cups about 50 years ago).

Votes: 29 15.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

johnnyhoward said:
Some of you collingwood supporters on here, especailly Gunder, are an absolute joke.

who the ******** cares who had the most premierships 405 years ago? Thats like saying that St Kilda, from 1991-1997, had 1 more premiership than Adelaide, so that means that Adelaide are automatically ******** for the rest of time. It Doesnt matter that they lead us 2-1 at the moment, becuase we led them at one stage :rolleyes:

Magpies are the biggest chokers in VFL and AFL. 25 runners-up finishes, thats great isnt it. just like last years honourable success to brisbane.

Where did COllingwood finish this year? 12th or 13th. More success. No wonder you're dwelling on the past, because your future is ********ed
Gee the guy with 1 premiership in a 100 years does'nt understand the concept of being the greatest club of all time..... big surprise

I don't care what anyone says. The Melbourne football club are the most successful ever. Why ? Because they were the first and original and are still around. Just. And its my opinion which is all this thread is about anyway.lol. :eek:

BomberAUS said:
The Poll results say it all.
Hmmm do they? 100 divided by 16 clubs means we should only have about 6% of the vote

either other supporters agree or Collingwood just has way more supporters than anyone else

I'm happy with either scenario :D

should have done your math genius

Gunder said:
wanna hanky for grand final day too?

That's interesting, I thought under your philosophy that a GF loss is quite satisfactory...

Bresh said:
That's interesting, I thought under your philosophy that a GF loss is quite satisfactory...
Then you have misunderstood the concept of being at the head of the premiership table the longest, completely dominating a competition for most of it's history

MOST PREMIERSHIPS = THE BEST
who gives a s*** oh we topped the premiership t able for 1000 years blah blah blah.
as a fact essendon and carlton w ould s*** all over u!
also u didnt beat us once this season

Gunder said:
Then you have misunderstood the concept of being at the head of the premiership table the longest, completely dominating a competition for most of it's history
Who has dominated the competition in the last few years, Port Adelaide or Brisbane?

Bresh said:
Who has dominated the competition in the last few years, Port Adelaide or Brisbane?
We are not talking about the last few piddling years, we are talking about the entire history and why Collingwood are considered the greatest club in Australia

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm trying to gather an understanding of what consitutes domination of the competition. Again, who has dominated it over the past 4 years?

hirdy_is_champ said:
umm its overall not past 4 years
I'm well aware of that.

I was going to make the analogy that Port Adelaide's recent success would be not unlike Collingwood long-term, whereas Brisbane (Essendon/Carlton) has results on the board (premierships) unlike it's "rival". Either way it would seem our friend has been scared off...

Bresh said:
I'm well aware of that.

I was going to make the analogy that Port Adelaide's recent success would be not unlike Collingwood long-term, whereas Brisbane (Essendon/Carlton) has results on the board (premierships) unlike it's "rival". Either way it would seem our friend has been scared off...
Jeez pardon me, had to go over to K-mart to buy CSI pc game for my wife after she played the demo and it ended halfway through a case... it was the only way to stop her from smashing the computer :eek:

Gunder said:
Hmmm do they? 100 divided by 16 clubs means we should only have about 6% of the vote

either other supporters agree or Collingwood just has way more supporters than anyone else

I'm happy with either scenario :D

should have done your math genius

of course you're happy with that, Collingwood means 2nd best.

Bueller said:
But what did you do since 1998? ZERO.

The contradiction in your arguement is so obvious even a 10yr old could pick it up. You say we have been ******** for 50 years, because we haven't won a GF, yet when I say what have yo done since 1998, you come back with the comment that you have been in the finals.

Ummmm...do you see the contradiction there?

what? I point out to you how bloody strange for someone to compare periods without success of 50 years to 6 years. then you come back again and do just the same thing. that's not contradiction, that makes you the hamster with the electric fence.

you have been in the comp much longer than us, and you have used that time to establish yourself as 2nd best - at best.
Collingwobbles stand for 2nd best, and this thread is about being 2nd best.

If you're the greatest club, and you're actually a laughing stock, but if you were the greatest club you'd be pretty ashamed of your lack of success.

I repeat again, Eddie and co. would be ashamed of supporters like you who are prepared to settle...

Take that up with the media, the AFL and everyone else that makes money off our popularity and infamy

Well Collingwood fans live in there own little world where they are the greatest club in the world let alone Aus.

Really they are most famous for there supporters and how they all have an average IQ of 34.

Thierry Henry said:
Well Collingwood fans live in there own little world where they are the greatest club in the world let alone Aus.

Really they are most famous for there supporters and how they all have an average IQ of 34.
This from sheep lovers country where they are still waiting to hear if the Berlin wall came down.
I'm sure in your little town it sounds to you like there are only 2 teams, but you are small stuff indeed on a national stage

Remove this Banner Ad

Overall, which club is more successful?

Back