Oppo Camp Other Clubs News/General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Details need to be public.
Hiding this behaviour is tolerating it
Private function. They weren’t doing this for people to see.

If they were doing this publicly, that would be entirely different.

Also you only focus on women this women that.

I think the 9/11 and slavery ones are striking me as the oddly inappropriate choices for humour here.

What’s the good in the media releasing actual details here.

To me the one that is distasteful is the twin towers.
Best they released the details because the rumours going around were totally bizarre..and now we find out most were (surprise, surprise) widely exaggerated.

Duncan & Bartel must be glad they played a few years ago.. remember when they dressed up as Nixon & the school girl at a Cat's Mad Monday?

Cornes defended Cat's yesterday saying they started the dress ups, always do it well & don't offend..

Best they released the details because the rumours going around were totally bizarre..and now we find out most were (surprise, surprise) widely exaggerated.

Duncan & Bartel must be glad they played a few years ago.. remember when they dressed up as Nixon & the school girl at a Cat's Mad Monday?

Cornes defended Cat's yesterday saying they started the dress ups, always do it well & don't offend..
Yes true. Reality actually isn’t as bad as what’s been suggested.

I just think what a strange party this was 😂

Disgusting behaviour. Penalties are spot on.
I agree, when you've worked with victims of spousal abuse you get the real perspective of how damaging and degrading it is for the women involved. Not to mention any children that might be involved. Most never fully recover

I agree, when you've worked with victims of spousal abuse you get the real perspective of how damaging and degrading it is for the women involved. Not to mention any children that might be involved. Most never fully recover
No one here agrees what they did was right, I’m sure. But it was done privately. They didn’t intend for it to be out publicly causing offence. People probably do a lot of offensive behaviour in their own homes.

The suggestion that they be banned for life is a massive overreaction. Suspensions of weeks is even an overreaction in my opinion.

They were not doing this in front of people who have been victims (men are often victims of domestic abuse and have higher suicide rates, but I won’t start that debate). It also was not just about violence against women anyway. They mocked 9/11 and slavery too it seems.

Perhaps fines and a slap on the wrist to serve as a warning that they need to behave properly even in private events.

Not too different from being able to be reprimanded for bad behaviours at an after work function (it still counts as your employment).

I think the 9/11 and slavery ones are striking me as the oddly inappropriate choices for humour here.
The guy who copped the biggest suspension was because he humped an inflatable doll whilst dressed up as a rugby player who had a hung jury on a rape charge.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Private function. They weren’t doing this for people to see.

If they were doing this publicly, that would be entirely different.

What about the people who work there?

Proportionality a better description. You suggested removing a person’s livelihood as a penalty. That is ludicrous.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Fair enough.
I am glad that the AFL have acted.

Ah yes the old argument that women get murdered. Of course that happens but men also get murdered. They actually get murdered more than women. I know shock horror.
Are you a moron?

No one here agrees what they did was right, I’m sure. But it was done privately. They didn’t intend for it to be out publicly causing offence. People probably do a lot of offensive behaviour in their own homes.

The suggestion that they be banned for life is a massive overreaction. Suspensions of weeks is even an overreaction in my opinion.

They were not doing this in front of people who have been victims (men are often victims of domestic abuse and have higher suicide rates, but I won’t start that debate). It also was not just about violence against women anyway. They mocked 9/11 and slavery too it seems.

Perhaps fines and a slap on the wrist to serve as a warning that they need to behave properly even in private events.

Not too different from being able to be reprimanded for bad behaviours at an after work function (it still counts as your employment).
I don't think life bans are necessary. I do agree with the penalties that were handed out. The part that worries me is that the players wanted to reenact past rape convictions. I'm not a prune, I've been around but it's pretty sick shit that I would question any mate that wanted to do it

Upon reflection, I think the AFL got this wrong.

Any player who engages in demeaning acts towards women should be banned for life.

We live in a society where women are subjected to brutal rapes and murderer.

The only solution is to educate young men like this that simulating violence against a women is contemptible.

AFL should have gone even harder. Time to take a stance on violence against women.
Settle JMac.

A penalty is appropriate, but it's some young blokes crossing a black comedy line. It's not ****ing hangable.

I don't think life bans are necessary. I do agree with the penalties that were handed out. The part that worries me is that the players wanted to reenact past rape convictions. I'm not a prune, I've been around but it's pretty sick shit that I would question any mate that wanted to do it
Not much would worry you if you were a prune ..

Time Lapse Grapes GIF

I just find it to be a really odd bunch of young blokes really. What a strange way to see out your footy year.
Young blokes being outrageous as a shock joke is pretty normal.

I hope for this troubled couples theme that Perryman dressed in a GWS kit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Other Clubs News/General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back