Traded Ollie Henry - Traded to Geelong as part of a reported 3-way deal (details tbc)

Remove this Banner Ad

Reported that you offered your 2nd round pick.

Who is worth more Henry or Brunh?

Reported by rendell who is a terrible source and idiotic these days. Ie it didnt happen.

They are both worth late r1s.

Negotiating is an art, and it seems Mackie does not have the skills to complete these trades successfully (if reports are true). Low-balling a border-line insulting offer is not a good start - particularly when there are a lot of dots to join.
I hope it’s true. Bloody great that they are very far apart. I hope it stays that way too.

Andrew Mackie is a legendary s**t stirrer. You can guarantee he's enjoying the melts in the media about Geelong. If we actually want Henry we'll offer something reasonable and get the deal done. It might have to wait until other deals are done though.

You know him real well do you?

Reported that you offered your 2nd round pick.

Who is worth more Henry or Brunh?
Henry has higher upside but Bruhn is a list need so in terms of value to the cats they're pretty even.

I don't know people are getting riled up about opening positions. That's not what the trade was ever going to be. Clark started with Freo offering a pick in the 30s and us asking for pick 8.

Negotiating is an art, and it seems Mackie does not have the skills to complete these trades successfully (if reports are true). Low-balling a border-line insulting offer is not a good start - particularly when there are a lot of dots to join.
If that’s the best they have, psd him.
If nobody takes him we do and mothball him.
My new motto ‘fck Geelong’ 🤣

I have no idea how you leapt to that conclusion from such thin evidence. Bravo on the agility

Here's a thought...manufactured controversy. Every year we have the same 'blowups' and every year, most of us idiots are sitting there at 5PM on a Wednesday, as all the 'deadline day' deals go through.

There's still 6 days to go and Rendell is just trying to make himself relevant for another week or so, before he thankfully fades into the background for yet another year.

His sledging of Mackie though, is really unprofessional, and pretty sad tbh. No other observer/footy commentator would utter that crap.

EDIT: Here's an excerpt from an article posted 4 hours ago, from Ollie's manager

"Both sides have been in negotiations since the beginning of the Continental Tyres AFL Trade Period, with talks according to McConville "moving in the right direction" to send the 20-year-old to the reigning premiers.

McConville shed some light on Henry's decision when speaking to AFL.com.au's Callum Twomey and Riley Beveridge on Continental Tyres AFL Trade Radio on Thursday, saying his decision came down to choosing the environment he believes he can flourish in – while also being closer to family."

Now I don't know about you guys, but I think I'm going to take the word of his own manager, over an incompetent sh*t stirrer who says anything to get attention. Doubt his manager would say 'talks are going in the right direction'...would have been more like 'we're hopeful of getting a deal done, but we'll just have to wait and see as he's currently a Collingwood player' - or something to that effect.

Of all people, Collingwood supporters actually taking Rendell at his word after all the times he's shown he has no idea, is just crazy to me.

Last edited:
By Matt Rendell...surely you guys aren't gonna take his word as gospel? I mean hell, you're the ones who fired him in the first place for his incompetence.

The guy seriously reminds me of a local drunk at the pub. Every year he just creates controversy, and every year he's proven to be wrong about absolutely everything. How he gets a job on trade radio time and time again is absolutely baffling to me.

At least we can all agree on that!

Here's a thought...manufactured controversy. Every year we have the same 'blowups' and every year, most of us idiots are sitting there at 5PM on a Wednesday, as all the 'deadline day' deals go through.

There's still 6 days to go and Rendell is just trying to make himself relevant for another week or so, before he thankfully fades into the background for yet another year.

His sledging of Mackie though, is really unprofessional, and pretty sad tbh. No other observer/footy commentator would utter that crap.
Well I guess we know why he is no longer employed at an AFL club? Didn't he say Ollie Dempsey was a key position player? Lol

Geelong are pretty good at hiring. I am sure if he was that bad Wells wouldn’t have given him the job. Who do I have more faith in? Rendells sources or the Geelong football club?

Even SOS and Damian scoffed at it.

hard to deal with :p

I have no idea how you leapt to that conclusion from such thin evidence. Bravo on the agility
I did state if reports are true... bravo on the apprehension.

IF these deals are being low-balled as reported, then we simply go back to his manager and let them know that are deal won't be done. What position does that then put Mackie in? Well's legacy looking like being smashed in one off-season - when it's all there for you on a platter

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geelong are pretty good at hiring. I am sure if he was that bad Wells wouldn’t have given him the job. Who do I have more faith in? Rendells sources or the Geelong football club?

Even SOS and Damian scoffed at it.

You can tell SOS and Damo really don't have much respect for him, even though he's on the show. He'll stick his foot in it one day though, when one of the list managers comes out and says 'that's actually a lie and you're slandering us on air and defaming our character.'

He'd want to be very careful, if he keeps talking sh*t like this.

I did state if reports are true... bravo on the apprehension.

IF these deals are being low-balled as reported, then we simply go back to his manager and let them know that are deal won't be done. What position does that then put Mackie in? Well's legacy looking like being smashed in one off-season - when it's all there for you on a platter
If these deals are being lowballed at the opening the it would make it the same as every other significant trade that gets around. You mentioned Wells legacy, he asked for pick 8 for Clark. His opening offer for Cameron was a pick only slightly ahead of the compo pick they'd have got for not matching. Literally doing the same thing that everyone does in a heated trade

Wtf is this guy odd cat talking about like omg yep im So jealous over a game that’s not important to my life that wins a flag. Okay I’ll give you a good work star sticker for whatever that post was 🤣🧐 Everyone your not allowed to have a different opinion on Henry but pick 18 apparently 🤪#triggeredOverAtweet

I hope you're a Geelong troll who's just trying to make Richmond supporters look like obsessed nuffies.

Because this would be * cringe if it's real.

Will Collingwood accept Pick 18?
They'd be extremely silly not to. That's more than fair value for someone who was drafted around that pick. is out of contract and hasn't exactly dominated yet.

The first time I heard Matt Rendell on SEN, I just assumed it was another nuffie caller rambling on with bizarre trade ideas.....

Yeah Rendell is The main reason I don't bother listening to trade radio

The first time I heard Matt Rendell on SEN, I just assumed it was another nuffie caller rambling on with bizarre trade ideas.....

It basically is except they gave him a job.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Ollie Henry - Traded to Geelong as part of a reported 3-way deal (details tbc)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back