List Mgmt. OFFICIAL: Dangerfield + Pick 50 for Picks 9, 28 and Dean Gore

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

What's the point of trading Gore and getting their pick 50 back?

Gore's not exactly a ready made player - one year in the system and no senior games - and he was valued in the 50s last season.

Seems kind of pointless for both parties.

I doubt it. He'll be our fourth best mid next year behind Danger, Duncan, and Motlop.
You mean the player for us who polled easily the most Brownlow votes whilst playing with a broken hand? Also Guthrie will be ahead of two of those in the midfield stakes next season as well.

Gore's not exactly a ready made player - one year in the system and no senior games - and he was valued in the 50s last season.

He's an SA player who played well in the VFL this year. He's a better bet than any old pick in the 50.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crows need a good news story and it sort of makes a point for them too, that they are going to focus on SA grown talent (which has been a topic of debate at the Crows for a while, or at least amongst their supporters).

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNGERFIELD!!! :drunk:

Pick 50 a little bit of extra sugar on top. If Kersten and Jansen both go looks like we may have a handful of picks in the 40-50 range. It's a weaker draft I know but we did pull Kolo at 41 & Gore at 55 so I'll be backing Wells in to find another late gem with those picks.

.....did I mention Dangerfield, oh lawwwwd :thumbsu:

Adelaide posters are mad that they had to give up pick 50.

I would have loved to see the reaction if the Crows had of just taken the compo pick....

Perhaps Geelong had seen enough in him and didnt think enough of him and wanted to have a crack at another untried player in the draft?

we got him dazbroncos, we got him
gooooooo catters

yes yes yes

now we play hardball on selwood smith henderson, in 5 years time i hope we dont have a situation were we say we have no 22-23 year olds because we got rid of all our picks this year and next
We will just get them as free agents

Good trade in my book. Avoided the stupidity of the RFA stuff, which gives Geelong more flexibility to keep the contract where they want it.

Geelong get PD without the risk of the draft, plus a pick that AFC had no use for ... that will be probably be used by Geelong this year.
Adelaide get a decent upgrade on the proposed compo plus a good young Adelaide boy with potential.

Really professional by both clubs, to get it done quickly without public fuss. Look forward to seeing what each club can get done for the rest of the period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back