AFLW North Melbourne Football Club AFLW - Season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Nice to see Majak Daw's sister Mary making her VFLW debut for North this weekend.

VFLW R12 team: Daw to make Roos debut

And she will wear #38.

How does the finals system work in vflw

Is it just the top 2 that get a double chance?

We’ve locked in top 4 but might not mean anything depending on the format
McIntyre Final Six, same as last year:
vflw2023.jpg

Our new GM of Women's football has just been announced, former WNBL and Giants AFLW player Erin Lorenzini

Roos appoint former Giant as GM of women's football
Known throughout much of her sporting career as Erin Todd. And for anybody wondering, yes, she is in fact the daughter of John... Lorenzini, who played 1 senior game for Fitzroy.

None
One of the only clubs that haven’t

I was surprised our draftees and fringe players didn’t at least get some game time
Pretty impressive then with the finals finish, but i can see your point about possible game time.

Dojiok with a classy goal to seal a very good win for North just now, and seal the VFLW team’s first ever finals spot. Yay!
So much going on today I forgot the girls playing, looks like they played out of their skin to beat one of the premiership favourites. Congratulations on qualifying for the finals.

About Dojiok, she was sitting third in the goalkicking going into today's game, it will be interesting to see if she gets an opportunity at AFLW level in the coming years.

1718439540166.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm sure this has been asked and answered, but is there any valid reason why the VFLW and AFLW seasons are not played at the same time?
I thought the girls played both and it gave them more games. But someone said above that our aflw listed girls are not playing so not sure

I’m being told that Sam Wright has now brought Jess Duffin, Dom Tyson and Daniel Currie into the Collingwood AFLW program. Let’s see if any of the magic wears off (I wish him well but hope not too much).

Last edited:
Hopefully the Irish AFLW players* finally see the writing on the wall regarding national selection back home. No way Vikki is missing that Olympic team on merit. Purely politics. Makes missing last season all the more regrettable.

*Plural because Sarah Rowe also wasted her time trying to get picked for the FIFA World Cup

Essendon next week to start finals for the VFLW team, then probably the Bulldogs in the SF followed by the Hawks in the PF, should things go to plan.

Scheduling ought to be straightforward... like to think they'd all be Sunday games, considering the fixtures for the AFL and VFL games for all relevant clubs over the next three weeks.

Is there any rules around loading up the team with aflw players?
No. But I think you have to play at least 1 H&A game to be eligible for finals, which at this point would obviously rule out all our AFLW players and many from other clubs (although not so much in the case of Hawthorn and the Bulldogs, actually).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back