Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2021/2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

He's been underwhelming for a while. Certainly not "prime" for about 3 years.
His body has consistently let him down in recent years. The result of his "crash and bash" approach to football

He didn't? Surely?

Mick Malthouse has explained why he thinks Essendon can win the premiership in 2022.

The three-time premiership coach says the Bombers have got “all the ingredients” to go all the way this year after making an unexpected finals appearance last year.

“They’ve got all the ingredients and I preface that by saying you need an ounce of luck,” Malthouse told SEN SA’s Kymbo and The Rooch.

“Anyone who gets hit hard with injuries, particularly if you haven’t got great depth, clearly that’s going to be a thing against you, and that goes for any team for that matter.

“But I reckon Essendon have got all the ingredients that you need – they’ve got speed, they’ve got (Sam) Draper in the ruck, they’ve got a forward line that’s not reliant on one player.

“They can kick goals from a number of players, and they can kick goals from their midfield, their midfield itself is very, very stable.

“I made a note that I thought Essendon had to give up a goal to get a goal last year – that’s got to change for them to win a premiership – but I reckon they’ve got the capacity to do that.

“They’ll hold more sides to nine, 10 or 11 goals than last year where they were conceding 12, 13, or 14, and that makes it difficult to win a lot of games.

“I’m backing that overall, their defence will work and their backline itself is a very, very classy one and gives them a lot of run.”

Exact same sentiments. He is No.1 ruck in the AFL. Watching him palm the ball over his head into the waiting arms of Oliver (I think) against Collingwood, was sublime. With Stanley you hope he can just touch the ball at ruck duals!

Height matter's.
At 208cm, that's a lot of human.
Have always maintained Stanley is not big enough to be a prominent ruck. He's a similar build to Lobb or past player Zac Clarke.

There are other rucks who are shorter than him but they have wide frames and weigh in at over 102 kegs. Hawkins would have thrived as a ruckman in today's era.

Shows how dumb (or typical click baity journo) mick is.
The team without a forwardline and a subpar backline along with an average midfield is his tip for the flag..
To be fair they are hyped up every year which is strange for a team that hasn’t made the finals for nearly 20 years.

Yep it’s part of the game sadly , but I don’t feel too bad unless it’s career ending personaly
That’s a better way to put it. Career ending is no good. I don’t want to see compound fractures and the like either.

OK, maybe I’m not as bad a person as I thought.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel sorry for Gawn because he's a total champion of the game, but I also feel OK that he won't be available when we play the Dees. Gawn cut us up in a few games last year, especially that humiliating game at the end of the season.
I'd much prefer May to continue to hit the beers/teammates.

I'd much prefer May to continue to hit the beers/teammates.

From the sounds of it, he's a great wrestler but that doesn't hold up in drunken pub altercations. Melksham clocked him a good one by all accounts.

I still remember years ago Campbell Brown smacking him one to the jaw. Didn't put May down though but he doesn't appear to be very good at protecting his head.

It really depends who. Gawn seems to be a great guy as well as a champion footballer. If it was Jordan Degoey I'd probably be disappointed if it wasn't a career ender
Jordon had more chances than most players …I don’t see much wrong with that outlook considering Gawn has done everything right by himself and his club on and off field so far .

Yep it’s part of the game sadly , but I don’t feel too bad unless it’s career ending personaly
I wasn't the biggest Chris Judd fan, but for all he achieved throughout his career, it would have been more fitting to see him walk off (or chaired off) through a guard of honour upon his retirement and not leaving the playing arena for the final time on the back of a medi-car

It really depends who. Gawn seems to be a great guy as well as a champion footballer. If it was Jordan Degoey I'd probably be disappointed if it wasn't a career ender
See I wouldn’t know what sort of person Gawn is. Nor do I care really. I know De Goey is a tool but the appropriate punishment isn’t a football injury.

Admittedly I’m a bad person but I don’t really feel bad when opposition players get injured.
no one crying buckets over our injury list when we played them.

GO Catters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back