MFC Fans Only Non Demons Footy Chat 2023 - incl. AFL Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Wouldn't Harmes be our first-choice tagger?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Yeah but that's my point. Fringe best 22 and then if there's no obvious tag does he get dropped? Very few who are entrenched mids wanna do it. I think you'd be better off running 3-4 different blokes as taggers keep em fresh.

Wouldn't Harmes be our first-choice tagger?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Melbourne’s lucky that they will get the chance to see how several teams decide to handle Daicos prior to King’s birthday. The Keays approach seemed quite effective so other teams will try variants of it.

If Melbourne aren’t going to work on how to defeat Collingwood now by watching what other teams try they aren’t doing their job properly.

I might save my thoughts on what I think Melbourne should do for when there’s a King’s Birthday thread rather than clog up this thread.

Tagging isn't hard, but finding someone who is ok with not being one of the best mids is tough.

This is so true, I used to love playing on the oppositions best player in the backline, I couldn't give a shit about how many touches I had, number one goal was always to keep them to **** all, same with basketball, used to get my rocks off upsetting the opponents best scorer, play proper defense on him, proper fouls when he went for a lay up and had me beat, they'd get really angry all the time that someone was playing defense on them for once. :tearsofjoy:

This is so true, I used to love playing on the oppositions best player in the backline, I couldn't give a s**t about how many touches I had, number one goal was always to keep them to * all, same with basketball, used to get my rocks off upsetting the opponents best scorer, play proper defense on him, proper fouls when he went for a lay up and had me beat, they'd get really angry all the time that someone was playing defense on them for once. :tearsofjoy:
I bloody loved tagging, get to turn and just ruin a blokes day by standing on his toes, tackling with a clenched fist. Bumping him as he's about to run. Pure joy

This is so true, I used to love playing on the oppositions best player in the backline, I couldn't give a s**t about how many touches I had, number one goal was always to keep them to * all, same with basketball, used to get my rocks off upsetting the opponents best scorer, play proper defense on him, proper fouls when he went for a lay up and had me beat, they'd get really angry all the time that someone was playing defense on them for once. :tearsofjoy:
**** yes.

Got given the job on Warrnambool's best player at a state champs back in the day. He was a big. I just pestered him constantly for the first half, all legal, but just never let him go where he wanted to, denied every pass, hard box outs, loud and in his face when he had the ball. He was fuming by half time and had racked up 4 fouls. Second half they changed it up and gave him the point-guard duties. We went full court pressure, he tried to dribble his way through, I took a charge and he was off with 5 fouls with something like 15 minutes left in the game. So much fun!

* yes.

Got given the job on Warrnambool's best player at a state champs back in the day. He was a big. I just pestered him constantly for the first half, all legal, but just never let him go where he wanted to, denied every pass, hard box outs, loud and in his face when he had the ball. He was fuming by half time and had racked up 4 fouls. Second half they changed it up and gave him the point-guard duties. We went full court pressure, he tried to dribble his way through, I took a charge and he was off with 5 fouls with something like 15 minutes left in the game. So much fun!

We used to play against some old cats players, Darren Milburn and Peter Riccardi were easy to wind up with proper defense.

I bloody loved tagging, get to turn and just ruin a blokes day by standing on his toes, tackling with a clenched fist. Bumping him as he's about to run. Pure joy
tv show fighting GIF by South Park

Didn't they already have to push it back because of delays for one of the platforms (Xbox maybe?).
Seems they're trying too hard to be FIFA on a shoestring budget.
Yes and Xbox is still delayed but that's a microsoft being microsoft issue

I just played us VS gold coast and the banner was the 3000th match at the MCG one

But seriously the game is unplayable in it's current state. I literally can't hand ball to a player a meter away from me, but i can also run from fullback kick in on hard mode to half forward and kick a goal

I like games that are totally irrevocably broken sometimes, makes them a bit interesting and funny.

Also it is strange to me that game developers try and make the games realistic as possible. See if I want to play footy I go grab a ball and play footy. You don't need to make game mechanics like real life that usually sucks just make it fun instead.

Edit: IE just make NBA jam but with footy and more players.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like games that are totally irrevocably broken sometimes, makes them a bit interesting and funny.

Also it is strange to me that game developers try and make the games realistic as possible. See if I want to play footy I go grab a ball and play footy. You don't need to make game mechanics like real life that usually sucks just make it fun instead.

Edit: IE just make NBA jam but with footy and more players.
Kinda agree, and with retro stuff being so popular I think it'd be funny if they just re-released AFL '98 with updated gameplay. Keep the blocky textures and shit, sling it for cheap.
I think the obsession with graphical realism undermines the making of a good game (not just AFL ones, a general gripe I have with some games these days). And AFL can have so much shit happening at once making players look realistic is almost impossible. Accept the graphics might be meh but make the game work properly.

Kinda agree, and with retro stuff being so popular I think it'd be funny if they just re-released AFL '98 with updated gameplay. Keep the blocky textures and s**t, sling it for cheap.
I think the obsession with graphical realism undermines the making of a good game (not just AFL ones, a general gripe I have with some games these days). And AFL can have so much s**t happening at once making players look realistic is almost impossible. Accept the graphics might be meh but make the game work properly.
Yeah I've seen a lot of game reviews on games in the Nintendo 64/PS1 period and there was a lot of shit games being made because they all wanted to use the new technology to make 3d games. The problem was there's so many games that are just completely broken. This bubsy game being the most notorious. .

It's funny that a lot of games have gone back to that 2d platformer style. For example sonic mania is considered the best sonic the hedgehog game and it's just a 2D platformer like the 90s games and with a similar art style. Celeste is another example the sprites are just pixelated characters yet it's probably one of the best games I've played.

I'm watching some of the footy shows and I'm seeing how Tassie is gonna effect North, WC and Hawks. Wouldn't have thought so, I'd be thinking this effects teams like us way more. 5 years from now is more likely our rebuild window that's when Trac, Oliver, Lever, Gawn etc are retired or on the way out. So at some point we probably have to make sure we can run like Geelong and refresh on the run and not have a side filled with 27+ yr old players.

I'm watching some of the footy shows and I'm seeing how Tassie is gonna effect North, WC and Hawks. Wouldn't have thought so, I'd be thinking this effects teams like us way more. 5 years from now is more likely our rebuild window that's when Trac, Oliver, Lever, Gawn etc are retired or on the way out. So at some point we probably have to make sure we can run like Geelong and refresh on the run and not have a side filled with 27+ yr old players.

Basically means we don't want to be hitting the top end of the draft until at least like 2028, because Tassie won't get insane concessions every year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back