VFL Casey Demons VFL 2024 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

“OK boys, handpassing to your teammate’s waist is too predictable. We are going to handpass to their ankles instead. The opposition won’t see that coming!”

Hunter - underwhelming for an experienced AFL player. Hardly saw him in the second half, potentially injured. But when he was out there did very little anyway off a wing.

Billings - nothing to suggest he’s up for a recall. Played wing, got a bit of it. One nice goal, missed a few other opportunities he needs to take.

Laurie - typical VFL game for him mostly as an on baller. Plenty of the ball, lots of tackles. Disposal not outstanding but conditions were tough.

Schache - looks to be working his way back into form. Was OK as a tall forward who spelled Fullerton in the ruck. Nothing to suggest he should come into the AFL team.

Jefferson - he was solid. Some nice marks and a couple of conversions. He is slowly developing but still a way off.

Howes - just looks down on confidence. Got a fair bit of ball but I didn’t think he was that influential. Didn’t look great as a pure defender.

McAdam - had some moments and finished with 3. Brings a bit of something in the air, at ground level and defensive pressure. Wouldn’t be shocked to see him back at AFL level shortly.

Adams - his man kicked a few on him early but I thought he got more solid as the game progressed. Still not AFL ready though.

Fullarton - started slow but potentially his superior fitness showed as he was pretty good in the second half and got over the top of his opponents. Lots of the ball and lots of hit outs. I don’t think he can replicate that at AFL level but surely he gets a shot at some point.

Sestan - played very little if any on ball this week. Had a strong finish after a quiet start. Not demanding a debut, but not bad either. He’s a low numbers high impact type at the moment.

K.Brown - had lots of the ball, very busy. A bit scrappy with his disposal but was one of Casey’s better players. Looked to be starting half back and then moving into the midfield.

Kentfield - he competes but he’s got very low athleticism.

In your opinion would Jefferson be an upgrade over Disco or Petty? Or he still needs more time?
Probably not.

Despite Petty’s form he is capable of AFL standard top end contested marking.

Jefferson has been just OK against non-AFL listed defenders.

He could possibly have a similar impact to Turner I guess. Turner is really a 3rd man up defender so works ok as a third choice tall forward.

Jefferson more needs to be a target with the way he plays and JVR and Petty would be targets over Jefferson at AFL level.

Jefferson to me is pulling himself out of ‘probably a bust’ to ‘might make it if he keeps developing’ category. I’m not excited yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably not.

Despite Petty’s form he is capable of AFL standard top end contested marking.

Jefferson has been just OK against non-AFL listed defenders.

He could possibly have a similar impact to Turner I guess. Turner is really a 3rd man up defender so works ok as a third choice tall forward.

Jefferson more needs to be a target with the way he plays and JVR and Petty would be targets over Jefferson at AFL level.

Jefferson to me is pulling himself out of ‘probably a bust’ to ‘might make it if he keeps developing’ category. I’m not excited yet.
After watching him yesterday, I'd say Jefferson would probably take Turners role. High half forward. He's probably not a replacement for Petty or JVR. Could turn into that 3rd tall option. Still looks a ways off imo, but I'd love to see a debut this season at some point. Goofy seems in the mood this year to play some kids.

Last edited:
Nice to see Marty Hore playing - I love that guy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back