MFC Fans Only Non-Demons AFL Discussion – 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Believe it or not the only one i've kind of come around to is Barrett, couldn't stand him. Seems to take himself a lot less seriously now and will concede sometimes when he's wrong
True, although I still struggle to look past his lack of understanding of the concept of 'sliding doors'.

Dude writes an article in that format every week and it's extraordinarily grating lol.

But there are certainly worse journalists out there. Has a tendency to go too easy on us nowadays, though.

True, although I still struggle to look past his lack of understanding of the concept of 'sliding doors'.

Dude writes an article in that format every week and it's extraordinarily grating lol.

But there are certainly worse journalists out there. Has a tendency to go too easy on us nowadays, though.
IF you don't like the Sliding Doors article

THEN the Melbourne Demons should try to kick more goals

I'm convinced that article is a pisstake.

Sheehan was actually really good it appearing neutral. I didn't really find out until after he'd pretty much finished up that he went for us

To many egos in the footy media. You only have to look at Sam Mcclure never backing down from Dusty to the Gold Coast, that campaigner went with that story for three years.

Believe it or not the only one i've kind of come around to is Barrett, couldn't stand him. Seems to take himself a lot less seriously now and will concede sometimes when he's wrong

The ex players in the media aren't a whole lot better.
Sheehan was fantastic. Didn't even know he was a hardcore Dees man until he was on the Footy Show one time.

I actually think the demise of the Footy Show left the door open for all these podcasts, radio and TV shows etc. Was a brilliant show. Hardly talked about the games, didn't overanalyse anything and never took itself seriously. It's been all downhill since tbh.

Perfect setup would be one show on a Thursday previewing all the games one show on a Sunday or Monday reviewing the games and a comedy show. Any more than that is overkill.
The Front Bar is OK. I like Mick, but can't stand Andy Maher and not a huge fan of Sam Pang either. They do have some great guests on though. Not must watch TV like the Footy Show was. And all this fluff on Foxtel like Gazey etc. Turn it up

Sheehan was fantastic. Didn't even know he was a hardcore Dees man until he was on the Footy Show one time.

I actually think the demise of the Footy Show left the door open for all these podcasts, radio and TV shows etc. Was a brilliant show. Hardly talked about the games, didn't overanalyse anything and never took itself seriously. It's been all downhill since tbh.
The footy show really spelled the end of the era for me. When it started up it was a good mix of comedy, journalism and league teams

As it got on though it became more about the comedy, and like a lot of the current media landscape, the egos on that show became far to big and became grating. I think honestly the footy show lost its balance towards the end and paid the price for it. It became so less about the 'footy' that i think most of it's audience where disassociated with it by the time the front bar came along. They tried to get Eddie back on and they tried a revamp altogether but the show was all about the personalities at that point

I loved the footy show, but it was a product of it's time. Can't get away with half the stuff they did on that show these days.

Yeah there's not even be a single question about him in the media yet. We're a mile off sacking him
I think Luke Beveridge is a good example bulldogs were rubbish after their premiership year and he still kept his job. Winning a premiership buys you a lot of time, I suppose making top 4 (after homke and away) two years after winning the premiership helps. Wonder how long Goodwin will stay once the wheels come off? Would probably find another job easily because he has that premiership badge.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Picked the bombers but gee they look like melbourne tonight. Rubbish inside 50 and constantly under pressure when shooting for goal. Stringer saved them from a true melbourne scoreline of 1.6. By kicking a goal after the siren.

The footy show really spelled the end of the era for me. When it started up it was a good mix of comedy, journalism and league teams

As it got on though it became more about the comedy, and like a lot of the current media landscape, the egos on that show became far to big and became grating. I think honestly the footy show lost its balance towards the end and paid the price for it. It became so less about the 'footy' that i think most of it's audience where disassociated with it by the time the front bar came along. They tried to get Eddie back on and they tried a revamp altogether but the show was all about the personalities at that point
The footy show went downhill the moment they hired Rebecca Madden

Nah the world got woke, easily offended and all the players got media trained.

Instead of blokes being able to sit around having an organic chat they all sat in fear of accidentally saying something offensive

Old players on the panel in the 90s were like Dunstall, Hawkins, Everitt, Lyon, Brereton, Brownless, Hird, Buckley etc all massive start of the game and almost all of them went on to have massive media careers. Imagine some dork player now talking about team effort and two wording his way through anxiety riddled answers about his tik tok.

Old footy show used to help out alot of struggling country footy clubs with millions of dollars. Couldn't give a stuff now it's all about the lights at Marvel Stadium

I think the fall of the footy show was a combination of things, was definitely more entertaining in the 90s but then they tried too hard to go into comedy and forgot about talking footy. Shit like house of bulger was cringey as ****. Definitely an element of wokeness, Sam Newman was stifled badly. Just talk footy, do the tips and keep the comedy to Trevor.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back