Opinion Non-Crows AFL 11

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks, this is the only thing that makes sense with this whole situation.

Otherwise I can't recall a player stating they are happy to go to any Vic club.
I can imagine that Houston would be fine with going to either Carlton or Collingwood.

It's in his interests to play nice if Port are firm about having no issue in holding him to his contract.

The whole concept of a player choosing the club they wish to be traded to is bizarre if they do genuinely just want to head "home". It looks as though Port have called out Houston and his management on this, which is a good thing.

Richmond fans screaming corruption that Jack Graham only got them and end of 2nd round pick

Sounds like fair value to me. Had very little interest and Richmond didn't want to keep him

Cumming who has played 81 games and played 6 games this year gets GWS pick 21...

AFL is so corrupt, but hey we knew it was going to happen.

This is from the Richmond board. I mean yeah, it's probably because Cumming had multiple suitors, got a six year deal on good money. While Graham got a 4 year mid-range deal at the only club interested.

In a fair world, whatever compo they get for Jack Graham would be less than what we got for Brad Crouch.

Some of their football opinions are so dumb that you can't help but laugh.

It's generally accepted that Butters, JHF and Rozee are better than Houston therefore if Houston is a Top 10 player, then they must all be in there.

So according to that logic that means that Port have four of the top 10 players in the league 🤣🤣🤣

Peak #portlogic
I don't know about that order being generally agreed. I'd probably have Houston no2 on their list and he will leave a big hole if he goes, I'd have JHF about 4th right now but I'm sure in a couple years he will go past them all. Personally I'd rate only Butters at Port as a "top 10 player". But I would have Houston in the top 20.

I don't know about that order being generally agreed. I'd probably have Houston no2 on their list and he will leave a big hole if he goes, I'd have JHF about 4th right now but I'm sure in a couple years he will go past them all. Personally I'd rate only Butters at Port as a "top 10 player". But I would have Houston in the top 20.
I think Horne-Francis is comfortably better.
Screenshot_20241008_142227_AFL.jpg Screenshot_20241008_142323_AFL.jpg Screenshot_20241008_142302_AFL.jpg Screenshot_20241008_142343_AFL.jpg Screenshot_20241008_142306_AFL.jpg Screenshot_20241008_142348_AFL.jpg

I haven’t been keeping tabs, who looks like winning the trade period?

Surely Geelong are a tough incumbent to dislodge?

Are the Paer finding the missing piece - playing hard ball - dominating the room?

Adelaide playing nice has finally not hurt us in a post season? We actually will get what we wanted?

Someone please update me, I need to know the current ladder leaders!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They play different positions mate, so stats comparisons are next to useless. I think JHF is the greater talent, and will go past everyone currently at Port in time, but he ain't there yet. Houston is already at his peak
I agree that Houston is at his peak right now. But if I was picking a player to win a game tomorrow I'm taking Horne Francis every single time.

I haven’t been keeping tabs, who looks like winning the trade period?

Surely Geelong are a tough incumbent to dislodge?

Are the Paer finding the missing piece - playing hard ball - dominating the room?

Adelaide playing nice has finally not hurt us in a post season? We actually will get what we wanted?

Someone please update me, I need to know the current ladder leaders!!
They've done **** all so far, but Essendon are the big winners, just like every year for the last 20 years.

So Marty, are you still spruiking that Graham is so much better than Doedee?
Who is Marty and what does it have to do with 2016 draft? We chose Gooch,Poholke, Berg, Signorello and Davis. All Gonski.

Animated GIF

Who is Marty and what does it have to do with 2016 draft? We chose Gooch,Poholke, Berg, Signorello and Davis. All Gonski.

Animated GIF
God that’s horrible to look at. Could have picked the names from a hat on draft night and not done any worse

God that’s horrible to look at. Could have picked the names from a hat on draft night and not done any worse

That's actually a funny exercise

I did a random redraft and got the following results

Pick 16 (Jordan Gallucci) -> Pick 48 -> Darcy Cameron
Pick 44 (Myles Poholke) -> Pick 57 -> Matt De Boer
Pick 51 (Elliott Himmelberg) -> Pick 68 -> Timm House
Pick 62 (Matt Signorello) -> Rookie Pick 24 -> Henry Schade
Pick 75 (Ben Davis) -> Rookie Pick 33 -> Zach Guthrie

Ten random results for the Gallucci pick that were available to us
Darcy Cameron
Zac Fisher
Mitch Lewis
Ollie Hanrahan
Mitch Hinge
Dion Johnstone
Jarrod Berry
Matthew Taylor
Robbie Fox
Kym Lebois

That's actually a funny exercise

I did a random redraft and got the following results

Pick 16 (Jordan Gallucci) -> Pick 48 -> Darcy Cameron
Pick 44 (Myles Poholke) -> Pick 57 -> Matt De Boer
Pick 51 (Elliott Himmelberg) -> Pick 68 -> Timm House
Pick 62 (Matt Signorello) -> Rookie Pick 24 -> Henry Schade
Pick 75 (Ben Davis) -> Rookie Pick 33 -> Zach Guthrie
told you so agree GIF by Bounce

So you think Houston is better than Horne-Francis?
At this point in their career he has a lot more runs on the board, he's made 2 All Australian teams and he was considered in the top 2 medium small/medium defenders in the competition.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Non-Crows AFL 11

Remove this Banner Ad

Back