Resource Non-AFL General Chat

Remove this Banner Ad

Man utd are another case of when you have a champion coach/manager like they did in Sir Alex Ferguson they are impossible to replace.

You could argue Fergie's methods were brutal and he was ruthless with his players. You only have to look at the Beckham doco when Beckham didnt want to leave but Fergie was sick of the other stuff that came with Beckham where he wanted full control over his players.

But it got results.

I didnt think a rich & powerful club/brand would struggle so much if anyone could overcome and cope with the resources they have in losing a manager like Ferguson it would be Man Utd. But they have how many managers have come and gone since Ferguson in the past decade.
It's been a great decade. Long may it continue.

I spent some time in England in the David Moyes Man Utd era. Great stuff.

They were pretty much like Chelsea is now which for me is equally as satisfying.
Manchester is a miserable shithole as well. Reminds me of Melbourne tbh when walking around in the CBD area with all the high rises.

Always gloomy, dark and wet. I rocked up for the Ashes test this year after 3 weeks in the balkans with 30 degrees and sunshine then landed in Manchester a day before the test and it was 14 degrees and raining in mid summer.

You can't understand the Lancashire accent up it's like they are talking another language that isn't English.

Man utd are another case of when you have a champion coach/manager like they did in Sir Alex Ferguson they are impossible to replace.

This is why I'm cherishing every moment Liverpool have Klopp.

Every chance we go back to being Man U-esque mid-table dross once he leaves.

This is why I'm cherishing every moment Liverpool have Klopp.

Every chance we go back to being Man U-esque mid-table dross once he leaves.

Depends on who takes over. Stevie was supposed to be the heir to the throne after what he did at Rangers but his stint at Villa and now in Saudi has put a stop to that. I honestly think we just pass the baton on to Pep Lijnders in a Shankly/Paisley manner so nothing will really change too drastically.

Depends on who takes over. Stevie was supposed to be the heir to the throne after what he did at Rangers but his stint at Villa and now in Saudi has put a stop to that. I honestly think we just pass the baton on to Pep Lijnders in a Shankly/Paisley manner so nothing will really change too drastically.

I wish I could be that optimistic. I've been a supporter since the Houllier years and Klopp and Rafa are probably the only two genuinely world class managers we've had in that period.

I wish I could be that optimistic. I've been a supporter since the Houllier years and Klopp and Rafa are probably the only two genuinely world class managers we've had in that period.

It isn't like Houllier was a bad manager. He was a very good manager. Rodgers wasn't world class but almost won us a title. The only truly horrible manager we have had in that time is Woy and he didn't last long. We have been lucky to not be run by a bunch of clueless muppets in that time (post H&G). For all the faults thrown at FSG from the fans, the one thing they do right is leave the football decisions to those more knowledgeable than them.

Manchester is a miserable shithole as well. Reminds me of Melbourne tbh when walking around in the CBD area with all the high rises.

Always gloomy, dark and wet. I rocked up for the Ashes test this year after 3 weeks in the balkans with 30 degrees and sunshine then landed in Manchester a day before the test and it was 14 degrees and raining in mid summer.

You can't understand the Lancashire accent up it's like they are talking another language that isn't English.
I bloody hope that continues.
Junior is in Manchester managing a pub & I want him to return home.
I miss mt 23 year old baby

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I’ve been to Manchester and Melbourne and imo that’s very harsh on Melbourne.

The Man City game I was going to actually ended up cancelled due to sh**e weather. I found out as I was about to board a tram to get to the game. Lucky I’d just seen some games in London the week before.

I’ve been to Manchester and Melbourne and imo that’s very harsh on Melbourne.

The Man City game I was going to actually ended up cancelled due to sh**e weather. I found out as I was about to board a tram to get to the game. Lucky I’d just seen some games in London the week before.
Melbourne is better then Manchester but gee the similarities with the gloomy cloud, rain and just general high rise buildings that you don't get in other parts of UK gave it a Melbourne feel.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I bloody hope that continues.
Junior is in Manchester managing a pub & I want him to return home.
I miss mt 23 year old baby

You might want to hope he doesn't find an English missus otherwise he may not come home.

I had one of best mates travel to UK on a working visa in 2019.

He met an English girl now he is engaged and the wedding is over there next September.

Even though they are both in Sydney now he has said to me he would go back & live in the UK a few years after the wedding. As she has lived out here for a 2 years now and waiting for her Australian citizenship to come through so its easier for all involved.

I couldn't live over there 3/4 weeks is good enough for me in the UK then.

The UK is a complete shithole for weather. It would drive me insane living there. I firmly believe Australia's gradual decline in form through the Ashes was entirely due to the impact of being in such a shithole for a long time. Scientific studies have proven that sunlight is genuinely beneficial to physical and mental well being. I maintain we win that series 3-1 or 4-0 if the whole team (or a player rotation) was taking a few days off in Spain/France/etc whenever they could.

You might want to hope he doesn't find an English missus otherwise he may not come home.

I had one of best mates travel to UK on a working visa in 2019.

He met an English girl now he is engaged and the wedding is over there next September.

Even though they are both in Sydney now he has said to me he would go back & live in the UK a few years after the wedding. As she has lived out here for a 2 years now and waiting for her Australian citizenship to come through so its easier for all involved.

I couldn't live over there 3/4 weeks is good enough for me in the UK then.
Exactly
That is my big fear, especially as he doesn't share my distaste for English accents

The UK is a complete shithole for weather. It would drive me insane living there. I firmly believe Australia's gradual decline in form through the Ashes was entirely due to the impact of being in such a shithole for a long time. Scientific studies have proven that sunlight is genuinely beneficial to physical and mental well being. I maintain we win that series 3-1 or 4-0 if the whole team (or a player rotation) was taking a few days off in Spain/France/etc whenever they could.
They did didnt they.

I was in the Balkans for 3 weeks 30 degrees plus everyday sunny in croatia, Montenegro, Hungary, Prague, Vienna & then flew to manchester day before the 4th test and its 15 degrees and raining as i get off the plane at Manchester.

I swear on instagram i saw a lot of players do getaways to spain & france during a break between tests with there familes.

Uzzie went to spain with his wife and kids, Warners went to France, Careys went somewhere & patty cummins and his family went to spain as well.

You could argue Fergie's methods were brutal and he was ruthless with his players. You only have to look at the Beckham doco when Beckham didnt want to leave but Fergie was sick of the other stuff that came with Beckham where he wanted full control over his players.

But it got results.

I didnt think a rich & powerful club/brand would struggle so much if anyone could overcome and cope with the resources they have in losing a manager like Ferguson it would be Man Utd. But they have how many managers have come and gone since Ferguson in the past decade.
I’d argue that Ferguson stayed 5-10 years too long. He was allowed to choose his retirement. He still goes to games and influence decision-making off field.
Once the coach becomes bigger than the club, have no chance. Any one after would struggle to be relevant.

Had the chance to sign perhaps Klopp. Choose not to due to pride?

I’d argue that Ferguson stayed 5-10 years too long. He was allowed to choose his retirement. He still goes to games and influence decision-making off field.
Once the coach becomes bigger than the club, have no chance. Any one after would struggle to be relevant.

Had the chance to sign perhaps Klopp. Choose not to due to pride?
No doubt he recommend David Moyes for a reason. He knew Moyes wasnt up to coaching a club like Man Utd.

His ego for power/control was there to see as a manager and i reckon deep down he would be loving the fact that Man U have made a mess of the decade since as it only adds to his legacy and greatness during his time there.

Unpopular opinion (I think). I don't really rate Stoinis and wouldn't give him a starting 11 in the Scorchers
Not unpopular the only ones who rate Stoinis are the selectors.

Btw how funny is it the Melbourne Stars were basically setup to be glamour club of the BBL when it was first created.

Eddie McGuire was the president, they got Sir Vivian Richards as a ambassador, Warnie came out and played for them in the first few years.

13 years on they spent the first 10 years basically being the South Africa of the BBL constant choking and losing semi-finals, finals in different unimanagable ways.

Now they are just utter dogshit/also ran.

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource Non-AFL General Chat

Remove this Banner Ad

Back