Saints News New St Kilda assistant coach - Robert Harvey

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Robert Harvey - St Kilda assistant coach

So Harves has returned from Carlton and yet we've had SOS and he won't be going back to Carlton.

Delicious.

Great news... unless you're the stomach of one of the young midfielders at the Saints. Poor bastards, they don't know the pain that is about to hit 'em.

"Run, Alias, RUN!"

"Boss, I CAN'T - we've already swam forty laps, done 500 push-ups, been on the bike for 2 hours, ran up and down Seaford - twice!"

"I don't care, boy, when I was your age..."

Good news.

Not sure on his coaching capabilities but he is a legend of the club, deserves a chance.

Players will obviously be happy with his return.

Must be a great morale boost to his legions of fans.Have missed his great retro haircut and his second to none work ethic will be a guiding light for all players into the future.:D

As much as I love Harves, I cant say I'm all too pleased with the appointment. Im not a fan at all of romantic appointments of favoured sons of any club. Just look at Voss, Shaw, Bartlett (and I'm sure in a couple of years time Primus) to see that hiring a guy because hes a club champion does not usually end well.

Hopefully he can prove me wrong :thumbsu:

Having him around the club in a supporting role can't hurt ala Bucks at Collingwood. Surely his presence alone will be priceless. Having him around the boys, them knowing of the hurt and suffering he went through at the club could reinforce the fact that we don't want to feel that same letdown (or something like that). Plus, his endurance and hard running could be able to teach the boys a thing or two.

Plus, think of the fans.

A great thing for the club IMO, hope it brings us rewards in the future.

Yes :D

Great result. It sickened me seeing Harves at the Blues, hopefully he's learnt a lot and will be set to coach our midfield to another level

Re: Whats the go with all the assistants going?

Good stuff Harvey, your a champ, welcome home brownlow. We luv ya.

St.Robert returns

Finally our favourite son has returned from the dark side. Bangers back! It was always innevitible that he would return...

I think his going to be a great asset to our young midfielders especially Jack Steven, David Armitage (if he stays) as they have undeniable skill but can occasionaly get lost.

Perhaps in three or so years when Rossy snags us a couple flags, Harvey may well take over as senior coach :)

Re: St.Robert returns

Great news :thumbsu::thumbsu:

Would be ATLEAST as good as anyone with midfielders, aswell as gained experience elswhere....what more could we want:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whilst always thinking and hoping Harves would return one day, seems to have happened quicker than I would have anticipated

Almost makes me look forward to 2011! But I can wait a week or hopefully two :)

What did we think of Harvey the midfield coach at Carlton? I thought the Blues midfield did improve quite a bit in the two years he was there. And 2 finals appearances after years in the wilderness.

Others thoughts?

Must be a great morale boost to his legions of fans.Have missed his great retro haircut and his second to none work ethic will be a guiding light for all players into the future.:D

If I grow my hair a bit these days it ends up looking like that of Harves.

Thus, I tend to keep it short :D

I'd really love to see them celebrate with a "Burn the blue shirt" ceremony.

haha, endorsed.

I think his going to be a great asset to our young midfielders especially Jack Steven, David Armitage (if he stays) as they have undeniable skill but can occasionaly get lost.

Harves was glowing of his initial appraisal of young Jack & said he reminded him of him when he was a kid - turning up to the club early putting the school bag into the locker, looking forward to training.

Well guys sorry to put a dampener on the love fest for the great man, its a shocking move and is for the fans more than the players.

Banger has bad Karma. So many games and no flags, he leaves and we are in the next GF. What the.

Look at a guy like Mathews. Good karma, even got "The Filth"a flag.

Harveys place is next to Cowboy in the coterie group.

Don't agree Karma.

The great man went and did the right thing. He left the club and saw coaching from a different perspective. He was brought into Carlton as their junior development assistant, but was soon given the full assistant coach role for their midfield.

If nothing else he knows Carltons secrets better than Carlton do.

He can now look at the St Kilda perspective of coaching and do so with the Carlton experience fresh in his mind. Carlton made a lot of mistakes, I'm not saying that their perspective is better than ours, but you learn an awful lot from mistakes that you tend not to pick up so readily if you never made those mistakes.

Harvey did a number on us when we played Carlton. He worked us out and put together a plan that effectively made us look second rate to Carlton. He had help from the small forwards who had a field day against our slower medium sized defenders, but the midfield won them the match. The match ups were perfect.

If he can produce that quality work for us, then who knows how long we can maintain this window of great form that started in 2003/4

Big K I am desperate for a flag. Since the pelim against Port I am superstitious, I jump at shadows, convinced the AFL has it in for us, and verging on psychotic as far as the umpiring and MRP goes.

Now I know you come from an empirical background and wouldn't believe in the Footy Gods concept that I have developed to keep my sanity, concepts like karma fall into this ethereal world.

Banger, what a player and Saint he was, has now become one of the justifications in my miserable flag less existence of why we have not won a flag over the last 20 years. Pathetic isn't it. You know what is even more pathetic?...I actually believe it!

I just want to experience that feeling that I saw in the Crows supporters I mentioned in my post on the "Finals Glory" thread:)

Remove this Banner Ad

Saints News New St Kilda assistant coach - Robert Harvey

Remove this Banner Ad

Back