Most courageous player - your team

Remove this Banner Ad

vanders said:
Campbell Brown for us.
First of all let me say I do think Cambell Brown is a courageous play so please dont get me wrong.

But, when he ran into Brett Burton yesterday, although he put his body on the line he did take his eyes off the ball and was lucky not to give away a free kick in my mind.

Like I said I am not knocking his effort as I, myself have been prone to taking my eyes off the ball when running back with the flight of the ball. ;)

In regards to Adelaides player, you are 100% correct Bassett is unbelievable, for his size, granted he is tall but he is thin he is an inspiration.

i agree Bassett is a good choice for adelaide but am surprised no one a mentioned Ricciuto. Has put his body on the line for 299 games and still going.

Anyone see the game satdy? Copped it at least 3 times going hard at the ball and just kept at it.

Adelaide - Nathan Bassett / Mark Ricciuto (cant split em)
Brisbane - Jonathon Brown
Carlton - David Teague
Collingwood - Scott Burns (maybe)
Essendon - James Hird
Fremantle - Shaun McManus
Geelong - Jarrad Rooke (many contenders though)
Hawthorn - Campbell Brown
Kangaroos - Glenn Archer
Melbourne - Jarred Rivers (going back with the flight, sorry McDonald)
Port Adelaide - Michael Wilson
Richmond - Andrew Kellaway
St.Kilda - Luke Ball (bandaged up everytime i see him)
Sydney - Brett Kirk
West Coast - Ben Cousins
Western Bulldogs - Chris Grant (by a mile)

Helix said:
Err, no. Clearly you live in an AFL vacuum to make such a comment. Voss is one of, if not the most corageous player of the last decade. Only Archer sticks out in front of him in my opinion.

How can you measure courage??? to me a bloke like shaun mac or maxxie haughton are just as courageous as these two. like im not saying they are soft nor am i saying they are the most courageous in the comp. but its all well and good when your 6.3, 90kg player built for football compared to a first year twig that runs around, gives his all in order to remain in the team.

Dale Morris isn't far behind Grant for courage. Backs into packs constantly, plays on KPPs despite being medium sized at best.

From Rookie in Werribee seconds to Australian representative in one year, and has kept improving this year :thumbsu:

konstas_87 said:
Vossy and Browny has to be a photo finish, and
Copeland and Fixter arent too shabby either :thumbsu:

You can add Selwood to that list. Reports are that he might have to wear a helmet like Hart did.

juddy_Like said:
How can you measure courage??? to me a bloke like shaun mac or maxxie haughton are just as courageous as these two. like im not saying they are soft nor am i saying they are the most courageous in the comp. but its all well and good when your 6.3, 90kg player built for football compared to a first year twig that runs around, gives his all in order to remain in the team.
If you can't measure it, how can you question my opinion on it? I measure it by week in, week out commitment to get the football with no regard for his personal wellbeing, and his dedication to the team at his own expense. Watch Voss get a ball in a pack, or go for a mark. Watch him put the block on a guy 15 kgs heavier, and bounce right back up. I am not saying that your suggestions are not, just that my suggestion really is.

Courage can be determined in many ways. For the saints its very hard to split Harvey, Ball and Hudghton.
Ball puts his head in places most players wouldn't, Max is just unbelievable but Harvey would take the cake for me. Has been targeted for years and smashed from piller to post but gets up and continues to get the ball better than most players.... also he was doing it when a fair percentage of players in this league were still in nappies and is still doing it better than most now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Helix said:
If you can't measure it, how can you question my opinion on it? I measure it by week in, week out commitment to get the football with no regard for his personal wellbeing, and his dedication to the team at his own expense. Watch Voss get a ball in a pack, or go for a mark. Watch him put the block on a guy 15 kgs heavier, and bounce right back up. I am not saying that your suggestions are not, just that my suggestion really is.

Yeah the reason why i the lions are my 2nd favourite team is because of Vossy and Browny pretty much. Football how it should be played and im not talking about in the premiership days only. Courage personified!!

My point is that i reckon their are other players in the comp that oozes just as much courage. I didnt question your opinion but rather just brought up my point.

Remove this Banner Ad

Most courageous player - your team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back