Membership 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Most likely it will be peoples email address that get used to try and scam people.
I just changed my passwords which was easier enough to do even though they stated no passwords were stolen.
Don't want to change my card accounts as they may get hacked again.
Will just check my card account and look for anything out of the ordinary especially small withdrawal amounts.

Most likely to leak from highest to lowest:
  1. Name
  2. Email
  3. Mobile phone
  4. Any other personal information you have stored in your account
  5. Big gap
  6. Credit card details (would be a PCIDSS compliance issue if it leaks, which is a big problem for them)
  7. Big gap
  8. Password (any credible company hashes and salts the passwords rather than storing the actual string so unless it's simple enough to already leak, you should be fine)

Not many combinations of a 3 digit pin, a computer program could figure it out in quick time you would think.

My credit card number was fraudulently used a few years ago, I asked the bank how it happens and they said cyber criminals have computer programs/random number generators that cycle through number combinations until they get a hit.
When you enter your PIN a bunch of times the bank should just block the card until they can contact you about it (they presumably do - mine does at least). Likewise with CVVs probably

Sick of this **** app. Every time it's a different error. Today:

View attachment 2019485

Give us access to physical tickets please.

Any help?

I suspect it's trying to link my ticketmaster account to my Lions account but they are different emails.
It seems to be that just before every home game they log you out and then you have to log back in again to gain access to you tickets.

It is shit because the Lions seem to swap my email addresses around every year so you need to remember which one it is all the time.

A couple of games I have forgotten to get my tickets and then only thought of it on the way to the game.
And then have to go through the process again to get access.

Very frustrating.

It seems to be that just before every home game they log you out and then you have to log back in again to gain access to you tickets.

It is shit because the Lions seem to swap my email addresses around every year so you need to remember which one it is all the time.

A couple of games I have forgotten to get my tickets and then only thought of it on the way to the game.

Very frustrating.
Agree, figured it out finally but i had to delete and reinstall the app, clear cache, whatever. Shouldn't have to go through this every time.

Give us something like an eftpos card they can scan, surely possible

Very frustrating.
Yep almost got caught
Just reset it At home
Took 15
Minutes to Find my password
Just made my train
Never been caught before,just as well I checked before I left home
I ready for a st kilda uncle

I am on the bring back physical membership cards bandwagon as well.
Glad to see a few agree with me.

There's an instagram account that goes through what each club gets with their membership, others get hats, scarves, etc., we haven't gotten any for years, but to be fair we are one of the cheaper clubs to be a member of.

But I don't think any clubs do physical membership cards.

Would love to see this change.

My GWS cards beg to differ.

They did go digital for a while but returned the physical cards after backlash.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's great, so there is hope.
Hows it work? Like an Eftpos card? Tap and go?
Still just a barcode on the back that gets scanned by the same device scanned QR codes on your phone.

There's an instagram account that goes through what each club gets with their membership, others get hats, scarves, etc., we haven't gotten any for years, but to be fair we are one of the cheaper clubs to be a member of.

Quite a few of the Vic clubs have physical membership cards.

Hawthorn have physical cards.

I’ve long whinged about this topic - we deserve a membership card and lanyard with our membership level / years of financial support on it.

IMG_20240620_152754.jpg
Stumbled across a pile of these today, I'll hang onto them seeing as they're becoming such rare pieces of memorabilia. Little tokens of the past from a time when the members were actually valued & seen as people.

If the membership dept had any nous they could team up with Select, Upper Deck or Topps to produce a set to allocate to members each year. Or at the very least offer a generic card for full membership (with barcode) to entice lesser committed punters to upgrade to a Full Season Gabba or a Full Season Vic one.

FFS can we even get a virtual card? Or is that too much to ask for. Must be a bunch of work experience kids running the membership dept.

View attachment 2024714
Stumbled across a pile of these today, I'll hang onto them seeing as they're becoming such rare pieces of memorabilia. Little tokens of the past from a time when the members were actually valued & seen as people.

If the membership dept had any nous they could team up with Select, Upper Deck or Topps to produce a set to allocate to members each year. Or at the very least offer a generic card for full membership (with barcode) to entice lesser committed punters to upgrade to a Full Season Gabba or a Full Season Vic one.

FFS can we even get a virtual card? Or is that too much to ask for. Must be a bunch of work experience kids running the membership dept.
Pretty sure you can still get a membership card for souvenir purposes but can't use it for game access

Went to the Hawks game with our little one (Lions Member), and the better half and bigger one (both Hawks members). The better half and the bigger one had their 15 and 10 year member lanyards on with membership cards, we had our tickets in my iPhone wallet. Get the MCG and the better half and bigger one take their lanyards off, and scan their membership cards, and walk in. I get my phone out of my pocket, scan the little ones ticket from my wallet, let him through, scan my ticket from my wallet, then go in. Doesn't make me feel like a 27 year member that's for sure.

Edit - I've sent two emails to the club about this (last year and the year prior) and received zero reply; not even a 'you can buy a 'novelty' card'.

Mentioned it a few times over time, walking up to the ground with my platinum membership lanyard on and scanning my platinum member membership card made me feel part of the mob - scanning my ticket on my phone means absolute SFA.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back