Opinion Matthew Nicks: Adelaide's Coach (Part 2) - Full Support of the Board

Is Matthew Nicks the right coach for Adelaide?

• Firmly yes (I love what I'm seeing)

• Leaning yes

• Can't decide either way

• Leaning no (but don't sack him yet)

• Firmly no (he should be sacked)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Or panic, probably both
He's panicking because he can't find a way of not looking stupid for the premature Nicks extension.

The longer the club fail to come clean they ****ed up, the bigger damage & fallout.

This one can't be massaged over with a fall guy.

Who's the video clip WIZARD in here, please?

On The Front Bar tonight they showed a clip of Nicks talking about how he has (and loves having) the full support of the Club, cut back to The Front Bar blokes all saying:
"GOOOONE" and waving goodbye.

Can our BF Video Wizard put that in here, please?
dude316 flashcrow

Picking a nice bloke as coach could not have gone more wrong for this club.

They are all in denial that this is a win/loss industry and he is factually the worst coach we've ever had. The winning percentage doesn't give a shit about roo or silvers opinion.

It’s ironic given they made a gutless move to re-sign Nicks to limit the noise they are copping a shit load of it.
It's actually worse than it would have been, as the media probably don't question the board otherwise. This just gave the ammo needed to go after the entire club and not just the football department.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

4 hours is a standard board meeting?

Too many reds to get through?
Lmao as if he thought anyone would believe this is a 'standard' board meeting, with Silvers 'coincidentally' coming back from a trip to Melbourne just before the meeting (hmmm, I wonder which prominent AFC employee that is under the spotlight lives there)

Silvers didn’t appear to be to happy with the line of questions

Needed to do what Adam Kelly did and pretend to talk on his phone.

Seriously any media person will tell you that the walk and talk is never a good look. Should of stopped an answered the questions for a few minutes.

Lmao as if he thought anyone would believe this is a 'standard' board meeting, with Silvers 'coincidentally' coming back from a trip to Melbourne just before the meeting (hmmm, I wonder which prominent AFC employee that is under the spotlight lives there)
Hopefully Roo has moved to Melbourne.

Cool fact check. Just came back from the CEO meeting

I'm sure McDermott has never met Nicks. A superstar with a 30% win loss. One too many concussions Chris.

He admits he doesn't watch football now, at least not the AFL. He walked away from the game. So to him, not watching, he was probably seen the first 2-3 seasons, concluded Nicks did a good job but has since tuned out. Many people who watch Nicks now still believe he is coaching amateur inexperienced teenagers with barely a game under their belt.

Playing musical chairs to see who will be last standing...
Is Roo going to step away (or pushed) to take some of the heat away?

His position is less tenable than Nicks.

Whatever happens, the whole football dept know they're all on shaky ground.

Is Roo going to step away (or pushed) to take some of the heat away?

His position is less tenable than Nicks.

Whatever happens, the whole football dept know they're all on shaky ground.
Roo reaches his 10 year cap early next year, so I believe his time at the club will be ending.

Back