Who stays: Nicks, Hamish, Kelly, Roo

Who should still be in their job at the club next year?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Unfortunately Nicks stay because of his stupid extension, the rest need to go. The list management is ridiculous, considering we only have 2 ruckman on the list. I feel we need to bulk up the development department and all other areas. Problem is who is going to make all these decisions?? We need to get Balme or at least someone with football knowledge to make these appointments, god forbid they let Roo make any

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Ok yep definitely a good player who then became AA at Power. Left due to drugs saga and Power did well.

Many others?
Tom Lynch from the Saints to us certainly became a good player, just Lyon didn't give him a crack, 1st round draft pick.

Is that a joke?
no mate, it wasn't intended to be but admit my word in the post you responded to was clumsy (a few after work drinks can do that :) ). What's your list of elite non-SA players that have ever moved over? I understand you are going to focus on the word 'decent' here that I used. Perhaps I should have used the word established 'quality', 'gun' or 'elite'. My point is theres very few established quality, gun or elite non SA talents EVER brought in to either of our SA clubs. Do you agree?

Tom Lynch from the Saints to us certainly became a good player, just Lyon didn't give him a crack, 1st round draft pick.
agreed became a very important player but as traded for pick 37 he clearly wasnt deemed a gun player at the time.

So there are a few decent players here and there - just not many IMO

I recall Olsen placing a 10 year cap on the maximum length of time a director could remain on the board

I also recall Olsen mentioning that he'd discussed and had a plan for Roo (he'd be close to his 10 year tenure now), but don't ever recall him discussing what the actual plan was publicly

Anyone?

no mate, it wasn't intended to be but admit my word in the post you responded to was clumsy (a few after work drinks can do that :) ). What's your list of elite non-SA players that have ever moved over? I understand you are going to focus on the word 'decent' here that I used. Perhaps I should have used the word established 'quality', 'gun' or 'elite'. My point is theres very few established quality, gun or elite non SA talents EVER brought in to either of our SA clubs. Do you agree?

agreed became a very important player but as traded for pick 37 he clearly wasnt deemed a gun player at the time.

So there are a few decent players here and there - just not many IMO
Noble did bring in a few guys who became talented pieces of our 22, but Lynch, Jenkins, Seedsman, Hampton etc, they all moved because they didn't believe they were a part of their current teams best 22 and we offered them the opportunity to get that spot.

Noble did bring in a few guys who became talented pieces of our 22, but Lynch, Jenkins, Seedsman, Hampton etc, they all moved because they didn't believe they were a part of their current teams best 22 and we offered them the opportunity to get that spot.

Since Seedsman we've traded in zero good players like that

I mean maybe Stengle but... well...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok yep definitely a good player who then became AA at Power. Left due to drugs saga and Power did well.

Many others?

Another one was Carey to us. I would also class Charlie Dixon as a big fish that was landed by the Power.

2/3 - SA teams were able to poach due to crazy circumstances (Drugs Saga / Banging a team mates wife).

Technically Keays was a rookie draft pick-up, but he had been delisted by Brisbane already. Signing him as a DFA would have guaranteed him a spot on the senior list though.
IIRC wasn't Keays offered a Contract by both the Crows & Bris ....in accepting our Contract, Bris chose to delist Keays rather than accept a useless trade ?

IIRC wasn't Keays offered a Contract by both the Crows & Bris ....in accepting our Contract, Bris chose to delist Keays rather than accept a useless trade ?
I believe Hinge was offered a deal by Brisbane and turned it down. I also recall we did a trade with Brisbane after Hinge was delisted were we swapped 66 and a future 4th for 63 with the speculation it was done as compo for releasing Hinge, which allowed us to get him as a DFA and into the club earlier.

We didn't use 63 at all, but kept a pick for Brisbane to use to match for Blake Coleman and an extra pick the year after.

Neither were trades. We picked up the delisted scraps of other teams, not players on the fringe of the 22
Hinge asked to be delisted, he had an extension on the table from Brisbane. The Lions did the right thing when they couldn't guarantee him a regular AFL spot.

I believe Hinge was offered a deal by Brisbane and turned it down. I also recall we did a trade with Brisbane after Hinge was delisted were we swapped 66 and a future 4th for 63 with the speculation it was done as compo for releasing Hinge, which allowed us to get him as a DFA and into the club earlier.

We didn't use 63 at all, but kept a pick for Brisbane to use to match for Blake Coleman and an extra pick the year after.
Correct, Hinge asked to be delisted and Brisbane did the right thing when they couldn't offer him a guaranteed AFL spot.

Back