Maryborough Castlemaine District FL (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it true that rovers have made a few key signings with Trent barras and Anthony Reid? These two would be handy players and how is the progress of Andrew Nelson going will he be set for a round 1 seniors birth?

Trent Barras signed a clearance to Rovers on Thursday night, he will be a big plus across half forward for Rovers. AJ Reid will also be making the move and will be good value off a wing with his genuine leg speed.

Is it true that rovers have made a few key signings with Trent barras and Anthony Reid? These two would be handy players and how is the progress of Andrew Nelson going will he be set for a round 1 seniors birth?

Add to that Lucas Johnstone from Bridgewater and Tristian Gillies and one or two other signings to come and they should have a pretty strong side.

hows baz gorman going 2 go at bushy this seasn and speaking of that how about maryboro's gun club --- the bfl club of course --- playing the maine at hedges on sunday ??

hows baz gorman going 2 go at bushy this seasn and speaking of that how about maryboro's gun club --- the bfl club of course --- playing the maine at hedges on sunday ??

think baz will be a big plus for us this year. Getting the boys very fit to say the least! to say that we are very happy to have Burra-Maine grudge match at hedges is an understatement! we get canteen and bar so it's win win for us!:D

Any selection news to come out of the final sessions for the teams playing this week?

A couple of senior players missing from the round 1 Newstead side named last night, but the majority of last years premiership side has remained intact.

Should be a close game tomorrow.

The Jams tips for this weekends Round 1 matches are as follows:

Newstead v Maldon - The clash of the two local rivals. The Newstead boys should be pumped and ready to go this week, with the unfurling of last years premiership flag before the game. The Stead side looks a little thin this week compared to the GF side last season though, so the Maldon lads shouldn't doubt their chances. Good to see Maldon secure the services of J. Lockwood in the ruck which will be a bonus seeing as Newstead will be without Big Ox, but i think the class Newstead midfield will read Lockwoods taps and win the majority of the ball around the ground. Could still be a close one.
Newstead - 38 points

Royal Park v Dunolly - Should be a pretty good game to see where both these sides are at this season. Dunolly certainly will not be the side they were last year with the loses of Sanders, Motlop, Ahmat, MacNamee, Burn, etc, but hopefully the young local lads can show the rest of the league that it wasn't just the high priced imports that were winning them games last year, time will tell. Royal Park seem to have picked up a few handy players, and hopefully under the experienced guidance of Baz Gorman, we will see some big improvements from Bushy.
Dunolly - 27 points

Creek v Trentham - The two cellar dwellers from last year go head to head in round 1 this weekend. There was early whispers again that Creek were on the recruiting drive, looking for the services of some quality players, many of these have fallen through and I think sadly we won't see a huge amount of improvement this year from the Creekers, but hopefully they can prove me wrong. Word from Trentham is that they are all systems go on an assault at the finals this season. Its easy to talk up your chances early, but good luck to them and hopefully we will see some competitiveness atleast.
Trentham - 44 points

Heard from a few bushy boys that they had close to 40 on the track last night!! A huge start to the season. Hopefully for Bushy and Baz they can get of to a great start and push Dunolly.

There certainly was a big turn out at training last night, looking forward to tomorrow. Hopefully we can suprise a few people.

Interesting to see on the clearance report that the mass exodous from Talbot continues with BigFooty's own Sherman41 heading back to Ballarat

bushy boys .... how will hedges be for sundays bfl hitout between the maine and maryborough :D

i reckon after this rain and our game tomoro, it could end up a bog! the pitch won't survive. saying that, here's hoping it holds up and we get a cracker of a game tomoro and sunday!

Bushy got rolled by 80 points today by Dunolly, very disappointing. Goaless first halves never help. We were missing 3 or 4 players, but still no excuse. On a good note, was good to see the ressies get on the board with an 8 goal win.

Just got a text from the league with scores:

RP 3.4 - Dun 14.18
New 15.15 - Mal 10.12
CC 18.9 - Tren 18.8

So is this saying Creek have recruited well or has everyone talked Trentham up????

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Creek & Trentham was a draw on scoreboard.
After Goal Umps met in the middle at end of game, Creek had won by a point.

MARYBOROUGH CASTLEMAINE DISTRICT FOOTBALL LEAGUE
RESULTS FOR MARYBOROUGH CASTLEMAINE DFL > SENIOR
Newstead 15.15 (105) defeated Maldon 10.12 (72)
Dunolly 14.18 (102) defeated Royal Park 3.4 (22)
Campbells Creek 18.9. 117 defeated Trentham 18.8.116

RESULTS FOR MARYBOROUGH CASTLEMAINE DFL > RESERVES
Royal Park 12.12 (84) defeated Dunolly 7.6 (48)
Maldon 11.11 (77) defeated Newstead 9.13
(67)
Trentham 16.10.106 defeated Campbells Creek 12.4.76[
/FONT]
RESULTS FOR MARYBOROUGH CASTLEMAINE DFL > U/17
Dunolly won by forfeit Royal ParkNewstead won by forfeit MaldonCampbells Creek 8.5.53 defeated Trentham 4.4.28
RESULTS FOR 2009 MCDFL NETBALL > A GRADE
Royal Park (41) defeated Dunolly (34)
Newstead (31) defeated Maldon (22)
Campbells Creek 44 defeated Trentham 26

RESULTS FOR 2009 MCDFL NETBALL > B GRADE
Dunolly (40) defeated Royal Park (30)
Maldon (41) defeated Newstead (37)
Campbells Creek 41 defeated Trentham 24

RESULTS FOR 2009 MCDFL NETBALL>C GRADE
Dunolly (22) defeated Royal Park (18)
Maldon (42) defeated Newstead (22)
Campbells Creek 37 defeated Trentham 3

RESULTS FOR 2009 MCDFL NETBALL > U/17
Dunolly (48) defeated Royal Park (8)
Maldon (31) defeated Newstead (14)
Campbells Creek 22 defeated Trentham 10

RESULTS FOR 2009 MCDFL NETBALL > U/15
Royal Park (45) defeated Dunolly (10)
Newstead (12) drew with Maldon (12)
Campbells Creek 34 defeated Trentham 8

Watched the campbells creek/ trentham game. ive never watched a game in this league before and i would have to say the umpiring is absolutely disgusting. The game was hard fought by both teams, but some of the decisions were just appaling. Something needs to be done. The goal umpiring was terrible, the central umpiring was terrible. Ive never seen so many points called goals because the team scoring has cheered before it sails through. I noticed the home crowd knew the umpires names and im guessing they were locals. This leauge needs proper umpires. Blokes that have played local football before a bonus. Blokes that are not from this region a bonus. Im part of a BFL side commitee. I am great friends with a young bloke that played his first game for trentham. To see him go in for the ball get his head practically ripped off more than once and not being protected by these so called umpires is a joke and it hit home. Then for the scoreboard to read wrong for the last 10 minutes of the game, well, it just fooled everyone. After todays game the MCDFL should either make a stand. The league needs an overhaul. If not they can jam it. Ill just stick to the football in the BFL.

Watched the campbells creek/ trentham game. ive never watched a game in this league before and i would have to say the umpiring is absolutely disgusting. The game was hard fought by both teams, but some of the decisions were just appaling. Something needs to be done. The goal umpiring was terrible, the central umpiring was terrible. Ive never seen so many points called goals because the team scoring has cheered before it sails through. I noticed the home crowd knew the umpires names and im guessing they were locals. This leauge needs proper umpires. Blokes that have played local football before a bonus. Blokes that are not from this region a bonus. Im part of a BFL side commitee. I am great friends with a young bloke that played his first game for trentham. To see him go in for the ball get his head practically ripped off more than once and not being protected by these so called umpires is a joke and it hit home. Then for the scoreboard to read wrong for the last 10 minutes of the game, well, it just fooled everyone. After todays game the MCDFL should either make a stand. The league needs an overhaul. If not they can jam it. Ill just stick to the football in the BFL.

You made all those conclusions from watching just one game? Maybe watch a few more before you call for an overhaul and all the clubs to make a stand.

The goal umpires are volunteers and supplied by the club. Generally the boundary umpires are the same. Umpire participation levels are at a low point as most people don't really need or want the stress of players and supporters verbally abusing them every Saturday.

By the way, it is 'Umpire Appreciation Week' in the MCDFL.

You made all those conclusions from watching just one game? Maybe watch a few more before you call for an overhaul and all the clubs to make a stand.

The goal umpires are volunteers and supplied by the club. Generally the boundary umpires are the same. Umpire participation levels are at a low point as most people don't really need or want the stress of players and supporters verbally abusing them every Saturday.

I am a supporter form another league watching a Kid that come to the club this year and the umpires were shocking. Its no wonder the league connot get high quality comp together. No player would want to come for the BFL or RDFL or any other league to put up with that all year i will be suprised if the bloke that i come to watch will put up with that all year. There will probably be a clearnce go in back to his old club soon.

Trentham have picked up some very good players and will be a threat to most teams but they failed to secure a bloke that has any idea how to coach.

I am a supporter form another league watching a Kid that come to the club this year and the umpires were shocking. Its no wonder the league connot get high quality comp together. No player would want to come for the BFL or RDFL or any other league to put up with that all year i will be suprised if the bloke that i come to watch will put up with that all year. There will probably be a clearnce go in back to his old club soon.

Trentham have picked up some very good players and will be a threat to most teams but they failed to secure a bloke that has any idea how to coach.

As Mr Drama said mate, one game you watched. ONE GAME! I saw my team get beaten by 80 points and do you hear us whinging about umpires? No, because they were of a good standard. It is hard to get umpires when they cop it week in week out. It's also hard to get people to volunteer to do the goal umpiring and boundary umpiring too for the same reason. Don't judge the league on one game. Come and watch Dunolly and Newstead this Friday night and see what you have to say then.

Even without a good coach if Trentham have picked up as many good players as they are always saying they have, they should have accounted for the Creekers.. I dont think they will threaten the premiership contenders this year

I think the term, “Don’t throw stones!” comes to mind here.

Don’t get me wrong Rollo!, I agree with you about the standard of umpiring to a degree, especially when the umps from the MCUG do the job.

But if you are not prepared to do the job yourself, then perhaps you should not be criticizing those that do.:)

Pinc, If your kid has to leave this league because of the umpiring he should probably assess where he is at as a footballer. Maybe heading back the RDFL reserves bench might give him a chance to wean into the umpires good books and get a kick that way.

As an unashamed long time Trentham supporter I have to say how disappointed I am with the comments about Saturdays umpiring. SURE THERE WERE SOME TERRIBLE DECISIONS but that happens every week to every team and has done for years. The blokes that are doing the umpiring are not super professional and you cant expect them to be perfect. If Trentham are as good as we hope they are they should be able to overcome the odd bad decision and get on with winning the game.
For years now the Saints have had a bad name for mouthing off after umpiring decisions all this does is turn the umpires against us and even if it is subconscious they could let the next debateable decision go against us
Its time for Trentham to take the big steps and get on with the game and accept the umpires decisions whatever they may be.

As an unashamed long time Trentham supporter I have to say how disappointed I am with the comments about Saturdays umpiring. SURE THERE WERE SOME TERRIBLE DECISIONS but that happens every week to every team and has done for years. The blokes that are doing the umpiring are not super professional and you cant expect them to be perfect. If Trentham are as good as we hope they are they should be able to overcome the odd bad decision and get on with winning the game.
For years now the Saints have had a bad name for mouthing off after umpiring decisions all this does is turn the umpires against us and even if it is subconscious they could let the next debateable decision go against us
Its time for Trentham to take the big steps and get on with the game and accept the umpires decisions whatever they may be.

top post:thumbsu:

Good win by the Steaders on the weekend in a pretty scrappy but tough match against Maldon. Maldon looked pretty good actually and look to have improved a little... moved the ball pretty well with some new young faces. Newstead will look to improve in the coming weeks though with Oxley, Starritt, Barker, Garsed and Brown to come back.

What did anyone learn from the other matches? Creek have not picked up that many players i don't think so are all of these recruits from Trentham not as good as they have been letting everyone else think?

Are Dunolly still going to be a team to be reckoned with after beating Royal Park by some 80 odd points, or are the tigers going to struggle again?

fantastic post by Wombat. He was spot on.

As for Bushy, didn't see much of the game myself but we were missing a couple of key position players, but that wouldn't have made up the 80 points. Lyndon Anderson was our best for the day, not bad for his first game at the club. Will be good to get Jay Anderson and Jimmy Shelton back in the side sooner rather than later too. Hoping to have a few more blokes returning to the club too. Guess the highlight was the reserves getting on the board, which can only be good for the club cos the ressies have not been competitive for the past decade. Even yours truly stepped aside cos we had 25 blokes kitted up! Things are looking up at Bushy regardless of the score. For what I saw of Dunolly, they looked fit and very polished. Guess we'll see where they are at against Newstead on Friday night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad