Traded Liam Henry [Traded with F4 to St Kilda for F2 and F4]

Remove this Banner Ad

F3+F4 feels right? Former first rounder, never quite delivered but not on the scrapheap yet
Third and fourth round picks are worthless nowadays.
It’s not like it was 6 or 7 years ago when there was no MSD and bigger lists.
Twomey reckons there won’t be much more than 50 picks this year.
The first round will take 27 odd picks. There will be another 20 picks in R2.
The first pick of Round 3 will be pick 47 or so.
Then the draft will be over at about pick 52. Teams will be passing from here so pick 300 will theoretically get you the 55th best player in the draft.

Back in 2017 there was about 77 picks in the ND and third and fourth rounders had some value. Now they are just about worthless and looking at next years FS players it won’t be much different.

We better bring up PSD in the negotiations. We have 2 clubs in North and Hawks who were both very interested in him, there’s the Eagles with a pick before and for trolling purposes us!!

Crazy Belly absolutely ****ed up last year eclipsing Crazy Vossy imo. Has a lot to prove and it starts right here. The consensus amongst the fans is top 20 pick or best of luck playing for whoever.

We better bring up PSD in the negotiations. We have 2 clubs in North and Hawks who were both very interested in him, there’s the Eagles with a pick before and for trolling purposes us!!

Crazy Belly absolutely ****ed up last year eclipsing Crazy Vossy imo. Has a lot to prove and it starts right here. The consensus amongst the fans is top 20 pick or best of luck playing for whoever.
That’s not my read of the consensus among fans on our board - more like anywhere 20-30.

The consensus amongst what fans is a top 20 pick?

I think only the most biased Freo fans would feel that way. Most seem to agree it's a pick between 20 and 30.

I think only the most biased Freo fans would feel that way. Most seem to agree it's a pick between 20 and 30.

It's going to be a pick between 20-30 because that's how the system works, but he's worth more.

They won't though, they never do.

I have never seen a club draft a player in the PSD who wanted to go elsewhere.

literally, no precedence of this happening that I can remember.
First time for everything. It’s something we can use over Saints. Dees did it to us last year with Jackson. Carlton implied if a Cerra deal didn’t happen they can get him for free in the pre season like Jack Martin.

Will it happen.. of course not. A deal will get done. It is something that will be brought up in the negotiations especially as Sam Mitchell really wanted Henry. North have a thing for Freo players atm. Don’t think twice that Mitchell/Clarko wouldn’t nab Henry. They are both campaigners and have the gift of the gab to iron out any creases.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ahh yes, the old PSD hollow threat.
It’s not going to happen since a deal needs to be done to get him thru many other clubs, even Freo could redraft him before Saints. Only time it works is if you front end a big contract, eg. Jack Martin.

F3 is not good enough, it’s almost worthless. Pick 32 not good enough, but at least worth something, get busy Saints.

Why do you guys want him then. ?
Because we want to add extra outside run while still wanting to keep picks at the pointy end of the draft.

The whole "if you aren't willing to pay through the tooth argument than you must not rate him" argument doesn't stack up.

Clubs target players they know they won't have to give up high capital for every year.does not mean they'd onto rate them.

I would too. Hell, pick 35-40 seems reasonable to me.

Saints have pick 32 right?

If saints say here's pick 32 but had us future 3rd and Henry, that sounds reasonable

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Liam Henry [Traded with F4 to St Kilda for F2 and F4]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back