League Cup League Cup 2023/24 (Winners: Liverpool)

League Cup

Remove this Banner Ad

Higher win % than Klopp though at the same stage don’t forget, he’s doing a great job.
Won a trophy in his first season. Two cup finals.
The problems at United are far above the manager position. As shown by Moyes, LVG, Jose, Ole and now ETH.

I think the carry on over Ten Haag's ability is a little disingenuous to the really critical issues at Old Trafford

The problems at United are far above the manager position. As shown by Moyes, LVG, Jose, Ole and now ETH.

I think the carry on over Ten Haag's ability is a little disingenuous to the really critical issues at Old Trafford

As shown by other average or past their best managers?

Of course the problems run deeper than the manager but that doesn’t mean he should get a free ride. He has no personality, no motivation skills, his man management looks appalling and it’s becoming clear he has either no tactical nous or the courage of his convictions to stick to his philosophy.

I’m not saying sack him because honestly I don’t know where they go to next, but it’s definitely fair to say Ten Hag is not an elite manager.

As shown by other average or past their best managers?

Of course the problems run deeper than the manager but that doesn’t mean he should get a free ride. He has no personality, no motivation skills, his man management looks appalling and it’s becoming clear he has either no tactical nous or the courage of his convictions to stick to his philosophy.

I’m not saying sack him because honestly I don’t know where they go to next, but it’s definitely fair to say Ten Hag is not an elite manager.
All that is perfectly fair and reasonable. He does seem to be a step below elite managers, and when watching Utd they lack a clear style.

But if using Klopp to have a pop at ETH then it is only fair to mention that both reached two finals in their first season in England. Klopp lost both, ETH won the League cup.

Klopp's first trophy at Liverpool was approaching 200 games in. ETH is currently at 77 and has 1 trophy.

He must be wishing his dad was a Pool diehard and not a United one.

We would have gone for Szoboszlai regardless. Just better all round in every way and on 120k / week too unlike Mount who wanted double that plus more.

Mount only had HG going for him. The only other serious interest was from Bayern at 40m odd who promptly backed out.

Whoever negotiated Mount's transfer & contract needs to be sacked at Utd.

We would have gone for Szoboszlai regardless. Just better all round in every way and on 120k / week too unlike Mount who wanted double that plus more.

Mount only had HG going for him. The only other serious interest was from Bayern at 40m odd who promptly backed out.

Whoever negotiated Mount's transfer & contract needs to be sacked at Utd.

Szoboszlai is better than Mount but I think Mount would be doing really well if he was at Liverpool, there’s a good player there, but he walked into a shower of shit at Old Trafford so no wonder he looks like it.

Szoboszlai is better than Mount but I think Mount would be doing really well if he was at Liverpool, there’s a good player there, but he walked into a shower of s**t at Old Trafford so no wonder he looks like it.
Yep, Klopp would get the best out of Mount and use him correctly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You say that but even with everything going on at United, I cant see a Klopp or a Pep going there and not vastly improving the fortunes of United. There are levels IMO and ETH just isnt up to it.

All that is perfectly fair and reasonable. He does seem to be a step below elite managers, and when watching Utd they lack a clear style.

But if using Klopp to have a pop at ETH then it is only fair to mention that both reached two finals in their first season in England. Klopp lost both, ETH won the League cup.

Klopp's first trophy at Liverpool was approaching 200 games in. ETH is currently at 77 and has 1 trophy.
And that's all well and good but context is needed, United run to the League Cup final went through Aston Villa at Old Trafford, then Burnley at Old Trafford, then Charlton at you guessed it, Old Trafford, then they beat Nottingham Forest over two legs in the semi before Newcastle in the final.

That's pretty easy.

Klopp faced Manchester City in the League Cup final, big difference. Then Sevilla who own the Europa League in the final.

But it's more than that, you could see almost from the first game that we had a style, a clear plan, a way forward. Then all it took was time and getting the right players in to maximise the system. Very, very early on you could tell we were onto something with Klopp.

But 77 games in with ETH, even with a trophy in the cabinet, it just looks all lost at sea. United are a mess. A far cry from where Liverpool were at 77 games under Klopp.

West Ham tomorrow. Hope we actually take it seriously, although I hear all the time from the squad that they want to go after everything so hopefully we put out a strong side and continue on. West Ham playing well though, will be tough.

Remove this Banner Ad

League Cup League Cup 2023/24 (Winners: Liverpool)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back