Traded Lachie Weller [traded to Gold Coast]

Remove this Banner Ad

Sean Darcy, Connor Blakely, Cam McCarthy, Darcy Tucker, Brennan Cox and Luke Ryan are all arguably better talents
If it goes through to next year, You're likely going to get a lot less - That's just the nature of players being out of contract with one destination in mind

Like Jake Lever...

Sean Darcy, Connor Blakely, Cam McCarthy, Darcy Tucker, Brennan Cox and Luke Ryan are all arguably better talents
If it goes through to next year, You're likely going to get a lot less - That's just the nature of players being out of contract with one destination in mind
The people who actually matter (Our football club) rate him as the best kick at the club, one of the best runners and they rate him as the best youngster at the club. Just because you don't agree, doesn't make it false. It's not our fault you've finally got a quality player that actually wants to play for you and you won't pay up. PS, Jack Martin spotted having a medical in Perth today...

None of those players are more talented than Weller, arguably or otherwise.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GCS and Weller in a tight spot now, freo has all the leverage

Kellers big mouth is gonna hit GCS hard. Why would he say:
"I think there's a really good deal they've (the Suns) offered Fremantle already and I think it's pretty silly that they don't take it.
"Gold Coast are really keen and they've given me a pretty good word that they'll get it done."

By saying GC have said they'll get it done, now freo can make ridiculous price for him and if the suns don't get it done they we will look terrible as will Weller.

Even when something goes right for the suns.....they know how to make it go wrong

if the deal was so good the Suns would be out in the press talking about the deal they offered. Sounds like it is something in the second round.

instead it seems pretty obvious they hadn't actually thought this through. Freo were never going to take less than pick #13 (since we drafted him at that) and GC's picks are picks 2 and 19.

Just boggles the mind they would make Weller an offer when they have no realistic plan to get him across.

Something good. Lachie Weller said so himself.

If they won't part with pick #2 then it would need to be pick #19 + steak knives. (most likely Matera)

or GC always planned to offer Freo the pick they get for GAJ. Even though they were steadfast they would only take a player for him.

Doesn't really add up for me. Either GC are complete fools or they have other picks coming we don't know about that they are sure they will get by the end of the trade period.

if the deal was so good the Suns would be out in the press talking about the deal they offered. Sounds like it is something in the second round.

instead it seems pretty obvious they hadn't actually thought this through. Freo were never going to take less than pick #13 (since we drafted him at that) and GC's picks are picks 2 and 19.

Just boggles the mind they would make Weller an offer when they have no realistic plan to get him across.

If a buy a car for $10K does that mean I can sell it 2 years later for $10K?

Personally I can't fathom two things with this trade

1. Why GCS have offered such a ridiculous contract
2. Why Freo have demanded pick 2 (outside of "opening extreme" from a negotiation standpoint

Help me understand how Weller is worth any more without using "potential"
Why the **** is it so hard to comprehend that he is worth at least a top 10 pick? We take a player with 13 in the draft, he has improved every season so far. Highly rated internally with a good head on his shoulders and rather good leadership qualities. Regarded as the best kick at the whole footy club, regarded as one of the best runners at the footy club and rated as the best youngster the Dockers have. Is contracted for another year, why should we accept a shit deal? Weller didn't request a trade in his exit interview, this has all only happened over the last 5 or so days. Gold Coast are the ones who promised him the world, not Freo. They can either cough up or GTFO and wait until next year.

2. Why Freo have demanded pick 2 (outside of "opening extreme" from a negotiation standpoint

Its more like buying a house. If you buy a house you are very unlikely to sell it for less later.

From freo perspective i'm guess Freo have asked for Pick #2 because it is the only currency GC have aside from pick #19 (which isn't enough)

Because you don't watch Freo.

Not a lot of three years players play 44 games in two seasons.

Historically, players getting 50 plus games in their first three seasons will be guns.

Zac Williams was pick 53 in the 2013 rookie draft.

Should Freo give up on Wilson and trade Williams in for their 4th rookie pick instead?

Its not like buying a car at all since he has improved instead of devaluing

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Lachie Weller [traded to Gold Coast]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back