Traded Lachie Weller [traded to Gold Coast]

Remove this Banner Ad

Think the idea proposed by Wallace has merit, that being St. kilda as 3rd party.

Saints give up 7 and 8 to GCS, receive pick 2 (and maybe 21) getting up the first round draft order like they've been chasing for 2 weeks.

GCS lose pick 2 and maybe 21 but obtain 7 and 8 from the Saints and Weller.

Pick 7 exchanges between the Suns and Fremantle for Weller.

Alternatively picks 2 and 5 change between Gold Coast and Fremantle. Freo also get GCS second round pick 21.
I suspect it will have to work that way or if it doesn’t we Go through it all again next year.

Just don’t think Freo will be interested in just second round picks, don’t blame them if they are not.

Yeah, you could be right there.

We should just refuse to discuss the issue with GC at all. Thats the GWS method for dealing with these issues
That's just being stubborn. GC have a great relationship with Freo. If freo continue to act this way then it can seriously affect future relationships which can hurt freo considering many WA players on the GC list for now and future years

Yeah we should all listen to you over media personalities who actually have connections within the business.
and a SA media station (who reported the 800k offer) is someone i should listen to? The people I got the info from actually do have connections with GC and AFl circles

That's just being stubborn. GC have a great relationship with Freo. If freo continue to act this way then it can seriously affect future relationships which can hurt freo considering many WA players on the GC list for now and future years
Why? We want value for our best young player.... there is nothing wrong with that. If a contracted Carlton youngster wanted out, you and the rest of your supporters would want to extract vale for him, nothing wrong with that at all.

So we should get bent over because that would make GC happy? :drunk::drunk::drunk:

They asked, got the price and the decision is up to them to accept or decline. Its hardly rocket science for them

Just had the chance to listen to Weller's interview.

Poor judgement from his management to let him do that - sounded like a typical early 20s footballer having a sook.

Plus Haywood in his fantasy team - the guy is clearly no good a backing a winner right now.

hayward went down 11:17am jolen brown was picked up 11:18am in my league

and a SA media station (who reported the 800k offer) is someone i should listen to? The people I got the info from actually do have connections with GC and AFl circles
Mitch Cleary has reported it, Matty Lloyd has run with it (His brother is our list manager so what would he know). It hasn't just come out of nowhere like whatever "information" you think you have Scoop.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why? We want value for our best young player.... there is nothing wrong with that. If a contracted Carlton youngster wanted out, you and the rest of your supporters would want to extract vale for him, nothing wrong with that at all.
If that player didn't finish top 10 in club b&f after playing all 22 games then i wouldn't expect anything besides a late first let alone pick 2

Really enjoyed the Weller interview.

Clear case of displacement disorder and needs to get back home.

This is a player welfare issue now so Fremantle need to do the ethical thing and get him and his gf back closer to their families.

spot on. some things are bigger than football

If that player didn't finish top 10 in club b&f after playing all 22 games then i wouldn't expect anything besides a late first let alone pick 2
The only 21 year old on our list to finish top 10 was Connor Blakely. Jacob Weitering didn't finish top 10 at Carlton this year and you had a worse year than us. Wouldn't expect a first rounder for him in a trade then would you? Peter Wright didn't finish top 10 for the Suns so must be worth a pick between 15-20 right? Wrong. 21 year old kids still have loads to improve on, his BNF placing doesn't determine how much he's worth on the open market, he is CONTRACTED.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Lachie Weller [traded to Gold Coast]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back