Just not footy!

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Predictions: Port vs Bulldogs

shaz63 said:
Trouble is, as soon as you reply to those tools that get away with the continual b ullsh it, the powers to be sit there and send pms to the ones that its all directed at.

We are told to put them on the ignore function. Why should we. Why dont they get warned or even better banned!

So yes, we do receive pms telling us to cut the abuse but what about the once that start the wars?? They seem to get away with it everytime without as much of a slap on the wrist.

Quite simply, you wouldnt have any idea who we warn or suspend or what goes on off the boards here. Trying to pass off those statements as fact is simply foolish when you wouldnt know.

dreamkillers said:
... With this continued garbage I have NO INTEREST in being involved with this site so unless BOTH sides of the equation clean up there act I'll have no issue walking away from here and let the children continue with their juvenile tirades instead of the good footy discussion this board was known for up until this season.
DK speaketh the truth on behalf of many me thinks.
Time for this petty stuff to stop.

its-time-poster.jpg

shaz63 said:
We are told to put them on the ignore function. Why should we. Why dont they get warned or even better banned!

So yes, we do receive pms telling us to cut the abuse but what about the once that start the wars?? They seem to get away with it everytime without as much of a slap on the wrist.

One other thing, I have been told numerous times that what is said on these boards stays on these boards. About time the people that have said this to me live up to what they preach!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Macca19
Quite simply, you wouldnt have any idea who we warn or suspend or what goes on off the boards here. Trying to pass off those statements as fact is simply foolish when you wouldnt know.

Where have I said in the above post of mine that its afact? Fine, I dont know who is warned or banned regarding there posting. Just read what I post before critising me again please.

portentous said:
I don't want to extend the debate, but just to support the mods here; I have been formally warned by the mods and accept that my behaviour has been inappriopriate at times. I accept my portion of the blame for what has gone on here.

Just to clarify any accusations of so-called bias, as I know that the mods don't publicly state what actions have been taken.

Now how about the mods here get some peace and the threads stay on-track? It'll no doubt help that I'm off on holidays from tomorrow and highly unlikely to return to bigfooty.
Wow, it really comes as a big surprise that you would weigh in to defend the Nazis ( oops, sorry, mods ) , when you are one of the major troublemakers and protagonists to whom they seem to have given unlimited impunity to behave in a disruptive manner and carry on vicious personal diatribes.

People don't throw around accusations of bias for no reason. The accusations are usually made after one observes a clear and continual pattern of favouritism, or heavyhandedness, towards certain individuals, usually for some ridiculous and flimsy reason.
The people concerned can deny the allegations all they like, but a quick search of the archives wiill render any such denial completely invalid.

It's a shame that there is so much of this twaddle on BF - especially on this board. Presumably we are all passionate Port people and it's this that led us to the site.
But when you've got an emperor and his generals who ignore the cracks in the dam wall until they become gushing great floods, it's inevitable that the people below will perish in the deluge.

Addendum: Now for a little memory test. Who was it who took this thread on about page three from a thread about predictions for Saturday night's match, to a seven page slanging match, with yet another snide remark aimed at another poster?
Oh, of course, that's right.

Macca19 said:
Macca, with all due respect, I think it's pretty clear that you don't need a Cambridge degree to work out what goes on - or more accurately, doesn't - behind the scenes. When the same posters post the same abusive twaddle aimed at the same people, day in, day out, for months and months, I reckon it's pretty fair to say that the mods fail to take the issue seriously and act on it.
To wit - a simple question. Would you be so kind as to indulge me with a simple answer?
Are Northbhoy and Angry Dragon permanently banned from this board?

Is there any chance at all that we could have some dedicated thread for all complaints/criticisms of the workings of this board? Or something like Bay 13? Or *paf's OT idea?

Then all discussion about how the thread is run or how any particular posters are behaving or misbehaving could go on the dedicated thread, and the rest of the threads could stay, loosely, on topic.

Possibly would be more work for the mods, though, having to move posts/threads to the proper location. That's not good. In any case, please put me down as supporting ANY move the mods decide to make to stop this OT stuff ruining every single thread here.

Sandola said:
Is there any chance at all that we could have some dedicated thread for all complaints/criticisms of the workings of this board? Or something like Bay 13? Or *paf's OT idea?

Then all discussion about how the thread is run or how any particular posters are behaving or misbehaving could go on the dedicated thread, and the rest of the threads could stay, loosely, on topic.

Possibly would be more work for the mods, though, having to move posts/threads to the proper location. That's not good. In any case, please put me down as supporting ANY move the mods decide to make to stop this OT stuff ruining every single thread here.

Don't worry, the wheels are in motion.

Frank Spencer Clone said:
To wit - a simple question. Would you be so kind as to indulge me with a simple answer?
Are Northbhoy and Angry Dragon permanently banned from this board?

Nope as they have only committed 2 offences since we reset everyone's access at the beginning of the season..........that said we have banned a few trolls from this board specifically.

Frank Spencer Clone said:
Macca, with all due respect, I think it's pretty clear that you don't need a Cambridge degree to work out what goes on - or more accurately, doesn't - behind the scenes.

I think its pretty clear that you and shaz have no idea what you are on about. The facts are, how many warnings have we given you on the Port board? How many suspensions? How many bannings. We all know the answer to that.

Personally, I like my home-made pesto on a warm slice of buttered home-made bread. Warming, and calming.

In fact, I think I'll have some now!

portly said:
Personally, I like my home-made pesto on a warm slice of buttered home-made bread. Warming, and calming.

I prefer a bit of stinky King Island Blue myself. Yum, I think I'll have another one. :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

*PAF said:
... Yum, I think I'll have another one. :)
Hey, I'm a poet and I didn't even know it. :p :eek:

portly said:

mmmm, nothing beats pesto!!

portly said:

Sometimes when I need to indulge myself when making my own bread I add into the mixture capsicum, cheese, onion, olives garlic, herbs of any kind, mettwurst.

I wait for the dough to be mixed first then grab it out and knead all this in.

Then I make any excuse to be around the kitchen while baking.

Oh boy it is a meal, great with home made soup ( or just by itself)

Macca19 said:
I think its pretty clear that you and shaz have no idea what you are on about. The facts are, how many warnings have we given you on the Port board? How many suspensions? How many bannings. We all know the answer to that.
Just don't get it, do you? Just don't get it.

Macca19 said:
mmmm, nothing beats pesto!!

"I don't get pesto".

Remove this Banner Ad

Just not footy!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back