Player Watch Jordan De Goey

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Good decision by the club. We can't afford to pussy-foot round. With that reading he's a lucky young man; he could so easily been involved in an accident that led to a gaol sentence.

It reads to me as a last chance. Two strikes down next step, out. I think that's fair enough. The word has been consistent from inside the club that he's not popular and has an inflated sense self worth. His career is in his own hands now. I hope he can turn it around.

Good decision by the club. We can't afford to pussy-foot round. With that reading he's a lucky young man; he could so easily been involved in an accident that led to a gaol sentence.

It reads to me as a last chance. Two strikes down next step, out. I think that's fair enough. The word has been consistent from inside the club that he's not popular and has an inflated sense self worth. His career is in his own hands now. I hope he can turn it around.

Agree. Loved how the Club put it up to him and himself Only

I have just contacted someone via PM that Scodog10 also knows.

I hope he replies because he knows a lot more than some of the posters here who are throwing horse shit at a 21 kid that likes to party........excuse the pun Bad Horse.

He got his rightful whack from the law...........this is way over the top by our Club IMO.

I am completely speculating here but I get the impression that his work ethic and general attitude at the club must also be pretty low for them to take this action. People can compare him to the likes of Adams who from what I understand can still be a bit of a Lad off the field but Adams leaves no stone unturned when it comes to getting the best out of himself. I reckon most players would not care too much about the odd off field incident but get pretty P!ssed off when it comes to players who don't work hard enough.

The club should of taken a stand and not given into the pressure

You keep repeating this as if the club is somehow being driven entirely by media etc, but thats not how I read the release.

If there was pressure, it looks like it came from the playing group, or at least the playing leadership, not from outside. I dont think your narrative is right.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trouble is the club is playing the media game and being weak. Will probably make it more like 6 weeks in the end. Will be hard to see them making it less than last years 4 weeks. Spineless decision.

Let me get this straight: you think Collingwood is spineless for punishing Jordan for drinking and drinking at 0.097 BAC?

They were soft. Drink driving is serious mate. People die all the time from dick heads who drink drive.

People would not so Lite on De Goey now IF Someone Close to Them Dies because of De Goey Driving Drunk

They were soft. Drink driving is serious mate. People die all the time from dick heads who drink drive.
Agree, it is a very serious matter. Hence why the Victorian Government has one of the harshest drink driving penalties across Australia - and rightfully so.

The double punishment, I struggle with. Is this more about perception for the club? I dont know.

But this is fact, he is being double punished, not many other industries dish out double punishment - not even Judges (who frequently get done drink driving)

A big window has opened now for Rupert Wills or Jaidyn Stephenson,

Good thing the club will overlook them both and play Blair

Sent from my MHA-L09 using Tapatalk

Pretty poor from his mates to let him drive drunk. Especially since they know he's a footballer and has already had warnings.

From this and the club's comment about rethinking his associations, make me think some of his old mates might be, well, bloody stupid knobs...

Well I agree they are Calling his Mates Idiots and Morons but I guess you could look at the Rat Pack back in the Day

A big window has opened now for Rupert Wills or Jaidyn Stephenson, good thing the club will overlook them both and play Blair

Sent from my MHA-L09 using Tapatalk

I say Stephenson be gettting Games ahead of Wills

Let me get this straight: you think Collingwood is spineless for punishing Jordan for drinking and drinking at 0.097 BAC?
Yep. Not their business and outrageous they think its fair to fine him $10K. Way over the top, done to appease the baying masses and against the clubs own interests.

Seems pretty straight forward to me. You sign up to an organisation, you adhere to their set of values and expectations, which I am sure CFC lays out for the players frequently. If those values and expectations include that as a representative of the club, a player must conduct himself in a certain manner off the field (ie not wilfully break the law), then a player who contravenes them should be appropriately sanctioned by the organisation.

Agree, it is a very serious matter. Hence why the Victorian Government has one of the harshest drink driving penalties across Australia - and rightfully so.

The double punishment, I struggle with. Is this more about perception for the club? I dont know.

But this is fact, he is being double punished, not many other industries dish out double punishment - not even Judges (who frequently get done drink driving)
Yep I know a judge who left the races got done for .05, came back and found his car and drove off and got done again. Kept his job, no extra fine, no community service etc etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back