News Jnr Rioli - He’s back.

Remove this Banner Ad

The more you read and hear from the outside the more it seems most pundits are in favor of the Eagles retaining Rioli and helping him through whatever challenges/problems he has at the moment.
Most of the negative thoughts and trust issues are generally coming from the club itself. Whether or not this is all just a front for the Eagles to seem they are taking a hard line or not I am not sure but the longer it goes the more I want him to be kept at the Club.

Hope they don't drag it out like ASADA.

The more you read and hear from the outside the more it seems most pundits are in favor of the Eagles retaining Rioli and helping him through whatever challenges/problems he has at the moment.
Most of the negative thoughts and trust issues are generally coming from the club itself. Whether or not this is all just a front for the Eagles to seem they are taking a hard line or not I am not sure but the longer it goes the more I want him to be kept at the Club.

Hope they don't drag it out like ASADA.

Nek minnut they announce to the playing group he's been sacked during the warm-up before the GWS game.

Media pressure coming for us to keep Rioli, I wonder if it is paid advertisement by the club to help the OKBoomers understand the situation

Only thing the Boomers wouldn’t understand is why are we even talking about getting rid of one of our best players? It would be the modern generation that would be struggling the most. What is right? What is wrong? How will it look? Will it be fair? What sort of message will it send? Those poor buggers have so much to work through over such simple things.

“You do lose a little bit of trust from the group because everyone goes, what are you doing?,” Kennedy told 6PR.

Naturally, the West ran with the headline:

West Coast’s Josh Kennedy admits playing group have lost trust in Willie Rioli

The West Sports Editor Nick Rynne - who is on Hard Ball Gets Podcast - they almost joke about coming up with headlines from crap and clickbait. No surprise that he comes across as a right knob and not worth listening to

The West Sports Editor Nick Rynne - who is on Hard Ball Gets Podcast - they almost joke about coming up with headlines from crap and clickbait. No surprise that he comes across as a right knob and not worth listening to

Won’t go in to bat for too many sports journos, but (Ryan Daniels aside) Nick Rynne is as good as it gets in Perth. Writes a good yarn but is also a very fair character. I rate his opinion pretty highly, sensationalist headlines or no.

To be clear, I am not Nick Rynne...

Won’t go in to bat for too many sports journos, but (Ryan Daniels aside) Nick Rynne is as good as it gets in Perth. Writes a good yarn but is also a very fair character. I rate his opinion pretty highly, sensationalist headlines or no.

Not bad for a Freo fan.

No worries Ryan, I understand he's your boss but I'll stand by my ear test. Sounds like a flog to me and will mould to whatever Ellis or other hosts say ;)

+1

Last time I bought it was so I had something to clean the barbie plate with

Grab a Community next time. I get them for BBQ cleaning, painting and fire-place lighting. Wouldn't even buy a copy of The West if I just brought home a puppy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should have been sorted out by now...

We (and Willie) are basically getting a free pass from the ‘his name is Rioli therefore we love him’ Vic media - I’ve come around to the majority now....I’d actually be annoyed if the club cut him now and some other pricks get ‘Good Willie’ for the rest of his career.

Should have been sorted out by now...

We (and Willie) are basically getting a free pass from the ‘his name is Rioli therefore we love him’ Vic media - I’ve come around to the majority now....I’d actually be annoyed if the club cut him now and some other pricks get ‘Good Willie’ for the rest of his career.
Yeah it’s not very often in this era you get a ride like this through the media and outrage crew. Absolutely zero pressure coming from outside to cut him, in fact there’s pressure on us to not let him go. If we sack him now it’ll be a huge misjudgment

He's back training and posting cryptic sh*t

View attachment 1131892
Not a fan of this. Probably means well but could easily be misconstrued and given all the circumstances his best policy right now would be to just keep quiet

Club would be wise to ask that he shuts his social media down if/when he returns. No good can come of it imo

Not a fan of this. Probably means well but could easily be misconstrued and given all the circumstances his best policy right now would be to just keep quiet

Club would be wise to ask that he shuts his social media down if/when he returns. No good can come of it imo

He's only just got it back up and running a day or so ago. Wasn't sure if that coincided with us giving him some news..?

I don't know the song in the post, nor if those are lyrics from the song, but I wouldn't be surprised if he was getting triggered about stupid headlines from the likes of The West.

Of course there's nothing to get triggered about if he didn't **** up his career so monumentally

Agree with Keys on this.

Would be prudent to shut his social media stuff down.

Kids clarity, or lack thereof, on what's appropriate and what's not is just bewildering.

Agree with Keys on this.

Would be prudent to shut his social media stuff down.

Kids clarity, or lack thereof, on what's appropriate and what's not is just bewildering.
Yeah but youse are old kents. ;)

I dunno, just comes across like he's a maladjusted teenager than anything else. I don't think it really affects the club.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Jnr Rioli - He’s back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back