Is this where Collingwood falls away?

Remove this Banner Ad

Collingwood’s inclusions are big. You have a seriously potent forward line. Our forward structure is flaky, particularly now without Melksham. Fritsch is / was injured. If Fritsch is not 100% then we are going down the Tom McDonald route and expecting big things from Neal-Bullen and Pickett. It doesn’t inspire confidence.

I just think Collingwood is far too well rounded. Our backline will weather the storm for a while but we will be outnumbered against a very good opposition. Our only hope is some remarkable lift from two forwards other than Fritsch to kick 3-4 accompanied with an absolutely dominant midfield display. We are talking Gawn heroics and Petracca magic.

Collingwood will win this easily.
You've still got a best midfield of Gawn, Petracca, Oliver and Viney, and we still don't have N Daicos

Plus we haven't beaten Melbourne in a final since about 1958

50/50 in my book

Gee, Carlton supporters had better hope their result against Sydney this season isn't a sign of things to come for next Friday night...
The one from before our winning streak? Fingers crossed!

Gee, Carlton supporters had better hope their result against Sydney this season isn't a sign of things to come for next Friday night...
Id like to think that Carlton take their form against Port/ coll/ melb with them when they play next week.
The last time they played Sydney , Carlton was a different team back then as everyone is aware.

The one from before our winning streak? Fingers crossed!
Id like to think that Carlton take their form against Port/ coll/ melb with them when they play next week.
The last time they played Sydney , Carlton was a different team back then as everyone is aware.
Yes, of course....

You all need to be clearer about which results during the home and away season count, and which ones don't...

BTW, I expect Sydney are also a 'different team' from the one you played in late May. They weren't exactly flying at the time, coming off a loss to Freo at their home ground, and a very fortunate 3 point win against North Melbourne.

I’m feeling as confident about Collingwood as I have in over 2 months.

With the H&A season wrapped up, Fly and the crew can finally get into the real stuff - they’ve clearly been waiting for this for a couple of months now.

Will be great seeing Collingwood showing the rest of the competition why they were 16-2 at one stage.

It’s not so much about personnel (whether it’s in, or out), it’s about going back to work and playing ruthless football.

Can’t wait for Thursday night.

I’m feeling as confident about Collingwood as I have in over 2 months.

With the H&A season wrapped up, Fly and the crew can finally get into the real stuff - they’ve clearly been waiting for this for a couple of months now.

Will be great seeing Collingwood showing the rest of the competition why they were 16-2 at one stage.

It’s not so much about personnel (whether it’s in, or out), it’s about going back to work and playing ruthless football.

Can’t wait for Thursday night.
#metoo.

The more I think about it, the more confident I get.

I haven't been this confident about a Collingwood side since.... 2011.....

Yes, of course....

You all need to be clearer about which results during the home and away season count, and which ones don't...

BTW, I expect Sydney are also a 'different team' from the one you played in late May. They weren't exactly flying at the time, coming off a loss to Freo at their home ground, and a very fortunate 3 point win against North Melbourne.
Who do you think will win ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So I know. You’re all giddy because you’re playing finals, you’re jumping around like a teenager who lost his virginity last night. The stark realisation that home and away means very little is something you’ll learn.
I've seen more finals than you've probably had hot dinners , you johnny come latelys.

Jeez, you can tell there’s no AFL this weekend, this thread is littered with people that don’t have anything on.

Collingwood have a history of getting fairly average playing lists pretty far, we are again in it to win it.

As a fan that’s all you can ask.

They’re about to play Melbourne in a final. This is where they do the opposite of fall away.

With all the talk about Collingwood not being up to it etc, I full expect the opposite. Collingwood will beat Melbourne by 40-50 points. From there, the GF is locked.

Melbourne haven't lost by anywhere near that much for three years now, bizarre post.

If the same result happens then unfortunately your next winning streak will have to wait until the 2024 season.
A sad possibility. The Gods and their angels and seraphim and cherubim may smite us for being such a shit hot club right now.

Because Fadge is a known Carlton hater and troll.
I know he is a a carlton troll.
But he has now admitted that he doesn't care about any side not in the top 4 , so he should now shut his mouth on us until next season begins , otherwise it proves that he actually does care.
You guys sure know how to give it but can’t seem to take it.

At least Fadge doesn’t bitch and moan all the time about the Collingwood hate that you guys sprout.

Remove this Banner Ad

Is this where Collingwood falls away?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back