Analysis Hawthorn history - 1873-2023 (English Assignment)

Remove this Banner Ad

Dewyyyyy

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 28, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Hey all!

I have made a PowerPoint on the entire Hawthorn history, dating back from 1873-2023. I completed it today, it was apart of my English digital literacy unit. I decided to do this and follow a passion of mine, given the freedom. Apart of this unit. Is posting the end result online, to a platform. Others have done it on TikTok, YouTube, or made their own websites. I have decided it's the best place to post here. I have contacted moderators of the board to post aswell.

Attached below is a dropbox link to the assignment. Happy to see the feedback, enjoy!

Hawthorn history completed.pptx

Hey all!

I have made a PowerPoint on the entire Hawthorn history, dating back from 1873-2023. I completed it today, it was apart of my English digital literacy unit. I decided to do this and follow a passion of mine, given the freedom. Apart of this unit. Is posting the end result online, to a platform. Others have done it on TikTok, YouTube, or made their own websites. I have decided it's the best place to post here. I have contacted moderators of the board to post aswell.

Attached below is a dropbox link to the assignment. Happy to see the feedback, enjoy!

Lot of effort put into this, need to acknowledge your passion for the brown and gold ... 👍👍👍

Hey all!

Awesome work on that Dom.

Hey all!

Awesome work and thank you.

I’ll read this tonight - awesome.

I remember my school English CAT where I had to analyse some newspaper articles (I chose the closure of Waverley Park).

If I find it one day I’ll post.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey all!

Very interesting reading Dominic03 ... Great work ! ... Let's hope you don't get a D+ :)

hope whoever assesses it is a Hawks supporter Dom. Guaranteed A+.

Great read.
My English teacher, is a 70 year old, Carlton fan, who was originally from America. Who is also an ex drama teacher. Quite interesting person, but top bloke nonetheless!

I’ll read this tonight - awesome.

I remember my school English CAT where I had to analyse some newspaper articles (I chose the closure of Waverley Park).

If I find it one day I’ll post.
No worries, it'd be good to read. I wish i had more time, this could've been double into 15-20k words, if i had gone through each important piece of history, the back story and reasoning for everything. Such as the Waverly closure, but also grandfinals, coaching swaps etc. Glad i didn't put myself through that however HAHA!

Thanks for sharing Dom, great wander down memory lane. I was born in ‘58 so seen a lot of it. My grandfather tried out in 1924 and 25 as a ruck at Hawthorn but didn’t make the cut. Still loved his hawks and we would often watch the games together and he would share stories and curse like a trooper. My Nan would scowl at us both and go for a long walk at the retirement village till the game was over. Haha. Loved the man, so thanks again for the memory.

Thanks for sharing Dom, great wander down memory lane. I was born in ‘58 so seen a lot of it. My grandfather tried out in 1924 and 25 as a ruck at Hawthorn but didn’t make the cut. Still loved his hawks and we would often watch the games together and he would share stories and curse like a trooper. My Nan would scowl at us both and go for a long walk at the retirement village till the game was over. Haha. Loved the man, so thanks again for the memory.
Might have do a Part 2 and include your grandfather :cool:

But it's awesome that it was enjoyable for you read, bringing back many memories, hopefully and mainly good.

It makes me tear up a little hearing this, it's super amazing to hear, thanks again!

Great work Dom. Passion shining through that's for sure.

Just nitpicking but maybe break down the slides a bit more as they look a little busy.
Cheers mate!

Yep, 100%.

They are, and they were even more so before this, broke it down a fair bit. It’s a lot of information, which could’ve been even more. I assume with a lot more time all of those things would be ironed out.

But I did the best I could with the little amount of time, as much as it frustrates me to feel like I have underdone something.

Great feedback 👍🏻

My great uncle played in the 1930’s (my father’s, mother’s brother). He was a very hard man playing through some very lean years.

Hey all!

Only just noticed, in my late night writing adventures, the one thing i missed was calling Nick Macelski, Nick Davis. In the 2012 slide. Thought I'd mention it, haha

Remove this Banner Ad

Back