Autopsy Hawks defeat Dogs elimination final.

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought McNeill was good. Took an excellent two on one mark in the third and shut down some of their exits.
Way better than Harmes/Weightman/Marra as forwards and rolled back hard to help our defenders.
I don't think he was poor either (though his ball use in traffic in the first half at times was), just that given he was at times our deepest small forward yet playing an isolated defensive role at Sicily and rotating up the ground it left us exposed in terms of forward pressing Scrimshaw/Amon/Impey/Sicily's rebound. Invidiual small forwards may have played okay but it wasn't in ways that was in harmony with each other.

Am I the only VFL watcher that has noticed Buss being head and shoulders above JOD every time they have both played VFL?

Dear absolutely have JOD a bath tonight and that we allowed the hawks to ensure he was the last defender all night was terrible
It’ll go one way or the other for JOD after tonight. I like him & think there’s upside there, but by geez that’s as bad of a game as a key defender can play.

He’ll now either grit the teeth and learn from it or be gone.

He’s a good kid with a smart head on his shoulders. I’m going to back him in and say tonight will be the making of him.

Deplorable. That one has to burn. P***** the season down the drain in an Elim Final yet again. Some who played tonight should never play again.

Disgusted. Can't find one positive.

Says so much the club that beat us tonight is proactive and has Battle and Barrass for 2025 while we sit around twiddling our thumbs. Maybe we'll just naturally improve... clueless.

I'm not sure we can rely on Jones being a good or even average defender into the future. He had a poor game and didn't have as good a season as his reputation.

Gunston kept him out of the game by sitting deep, it was 1 of a number of Hawks’ tactics that worked and we didn’t counter.

Also, the English lovers are pretty quiet tonight wouldn’t you say 3NP?

It’ll go one way or the other for JOD after tonight. I like him & think there’s upside there, but by geez that’s as bad of a game as a key defender can play.

He’s a good kid with a smart head on his shoulders. I’m going to back him in and say tonight will be the making of him.
Irrespective of what happened tonight, I really want to see Busslinger selected Rd 1 next year. He is a genuine interceptor who uses the ball well. His apprenticeship has been long enough.

I thought McNeill was good. Took an excellent two on one mark in the third and shut down some of their exits.
Way better than Harmes/Weightman/Marra as forwards and rolled back hard to help our defenders.

I didn’t mind him, he tries his guts out and brings pressure, but again missed a shot in the third from right in front.

West is a better goal kicked than him and VanDerMeer, he can rightly feel a bit aggrieved at not being selected tonight (as well as Harmes selected ahead of him)

Gags - I like the kid, but he's just not ready.
West was pretty average though last week at VFL level so it would be hard to justify his selection.
West would've done nothing to address the fact that we were badly beaten on the spread.

This is why I will never understand the ambivalence that this board has for Bailey Smith.

We need more hard running mids not fewer and thats why Gallagher is played. Ready or not.

Irrespective of what happened tonight, I really want to see Busslinger selected Rd 1 next year. He is a genuine interceptor who uses the ball well. His apprenticeship has been long enough.
He may well get the nod over JOD early, it depends on the pre season.

Our KPD stocks are fine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was a rough season in totality, just had a lot of hiccups and complications. His best two games were probably the last two of the season after coming back. Tonight must have been the worst he has played, had a dirty night.

I have confidence he'll bounce back and be a good player. Hopefully he has more continuity next season and has no more concussion issues. Am hoping Busslinger is playing round 1 next season and you'd think Lobb would be staying back after being a revelation this season. Going to have to work hard to be a walk up start next season.

In Q2/Q3 tonight…

Disposals
WB: 138
HW: 228

Contested Possessions
WB: 50

HW: 78

Uncontested Possessions
WB: 83
HW: 145

Disposal Efficiency
WB: 67%
HW: 78%

Clearances / Centre Clearances
WB: 16 / 3
HW: 20 / 7

Inside 50s
WB: 11
HW: 35

Shots
WB: 6
HW: 18

Score
WB: 2.4 (16)
HW: 9.10 (64)

Disgusting numbers. What a shellacking

anyone else kinda hate that bevo has driven this team on emotions when we are the underdogs unstoppable but as soon as we are faves or expected to do well the team does soo badly and just cant get up

like how many times do we win when were not suppose to but lose against teams we should beat

Was a rough season in totality, just had a lot of hiccups and complications. His best two games were probably the last two of the season after coming back. Tonight must have been the worst he has played, had a dirty night.

I have confidence he'll bounce back and be a good player. Hopefully he has more continuity next season and has no more concussion issues. Am hoping Busslinger is playing round 1 next season and you'd think Lobb would be staying back after being a revelation this season. Going to have to work hard to be a walk up start next season.
In general, we don’t need him fwd, but given we were down and JOD was having an absolute mare, that’s when Bevo needs to shift the magnets.

Thought he looked okay up fwd (vs Brisbane?)

Yeah, interrupted year. I’ll back him in though despite tonight’s shocker.

He wasn’t alone.

Also. The amount of almost-punch ons in my section between Dogs and Hawks fans is something I’ve never seen before. Security and police coming down almost every other quarter to break up people. And I’m talking very nice seats on level 2.

The arrogance of hawks fans is ****ing staggering. Never learned the word “humble” on their lives.
There was one up on level 4
He became pretty quiet when he said 4mins left and someone replied

Is that how long you last in the bed

Serious question. What the hell are we going to do with English for the next 5 years?

Don't know. He's a good second ruck/forward but Darcy is going to be the best in the league at that role. Not overly keen on seeing Darcy play ruck because I think he is too good and too damaging of a forward.

We're just going to have to put up with him playing meek.

Can someone also explain to me why we took Darcy from the ruck to put Naughton in there?

English was atrocious, thought Darcy was okay when in there
We were barely hanging on.

English was off the ground. I have no idea why.

Darcy was behind the ball for the last 90 seconds of qtr trying to hold back the poo and pee tide.

The ball was back in the middle.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Hawks defeat Dogs elimination final.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back