• Wayne Milera

• Darcy Fogarty

• Brodie Smith

• James Borlase

• Reilly O'Brien

• Mark Keane

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

The biggest issue, apart from Sloane, is inability to play wet weather Footy.

We are not a strong marking team at the best of times. The wet compounded this. First half we dropped a lot of gettable balls.

Then struggled with general ball movement with the wet ball.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

You clearly got robbed and it was unfortunate, but it's done. You ain't getting the 4 points.
A gloat, disguised as sympathy. Hard to do.

A bit like this:
Wrt to Dawson, you clearly got robbed and it was unfortunate (but veryVERY good for us).
You ain't getting him back.

The only solution to avoid human error/deliberate cheating is to review all points. Which will either stop the fast play or have the play called back after 30 seconds or so of play has occurred.
How about not "all points", but for obviously close-to-the-posts goals/points?
Someone upstairs could make the call to review, inform the field Umpires straight away (I'm pretty sure they're mic-ed up), time-off called etc.

A gloat, disguised as sympathy. Hard to do.

A bit like this:
Wrt to Dawson, you clearly got robbed and it was unfortunate (but veryVERY good for us).
You ain't getting him back.

Ofc I’m glad we won, but I admit we didn’t deserve to. It was a shocking, unacceptable call with finals on the line. I know how it feels to be on the other side, so I have genuine sympathy. It’s true that I’m only so magnanimous because we won though. That would sting badly if we lost. Was probably the worst 4th quarter I’ve ever seen.

Dawson still hurts. The way he shafted us wasn’t nice.

Ofc I’m glad we won, but I admit we didn’t deserve to. It was a shocking, unacceptable call with finals on the line. I know how it feels to be on the other side, so I have genuine sympathy. It’s true that I’m only so magnanimous because we won though. That would sting badly if we lost. Was probably the worst 4th quarter I’ve ever seen.

Dawson still hurts. The way he shafted us wasn’t nice.
Same as how Tippett shafted us and Franklin shafted GWS, it happens and also wasn't nice.

So who was the goal umpire? They are usually fairly unknown but on this occasion given that it was clearly a mistake (not even a 'close' mistake) and he didn't call for a review when blind freddy could see the decsion should have been reviewed and the Swans called back to the goal square, I'd like to ensure he's not a closet Swans supporter/member. His suspension is not only correct but should be extended into next season. A one game suspenion is not enough.
He might've been listed in AFL pre-match info, dunno, but they're not going to name him now.
Some irate Crows fans (maybe others too) would bombard his Social Media and not in a nice way :grimacing:.

We are not a strong marking team at the best of times. The wet compounded this. First half we dropped a lot of gettable balls.

I agree.
It wasn't the overhead marks dropped that bothered me (wet ball) but several simple chest marks spilled that kids are taught how to execute effectively from Day One.
The only thing I can think of to explain that is "perceived pressure"/hearing footsteps, but geez I'd hope it wasn't that.

Agreed. Hope Sloane's eye is ok but the Pedlar coming on I think was also strategic. Sloane looked so slow. I can't recall a good ball get from him.
Maybe something like this:
Nicks sees Sloane spudding it up, making Nicks look like a mug.
Message sent out to a few players, all juniors whom Sloane has kept out at one time or another.
Murphy acts, problem solved :winkv1::grinv1:.

When it is wet you just get the ball moving like Sydney did in the first half. The more you touch the ball the more errors are made.

It was unfortunate it wasn’t the last play of the day because the AFL then could have overturned the result as the game was over.

Now we for the moment let it rest (let the media run with it) but when we put in our fixture request highlight this shit. Remind the AFL at every possible opportunity between now and next season how they screwed us over.

The goal will avoid us having to scrutinise what we did in this game.

That we game out so ******* flat in a game where everything was on the line is inexcusable really.
We dominated the play around the ground in the first quarter but just couldn't kick a goal whilst Sydney goaled from every half opportunity.

We dominated the play around the ground in the first quarter but just couldn't kick a goal whilst Sydney goaled from every half opportunity.
The umps had a fair say in the half time lead. In saying that our kicking for goal must improve. Tex is pretty much the only player I have confidence in kicking for goal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We probably win that game in the dry given we outscored them in the wet while not being able to control the ball as well as they did.
The injuries in the backline hurt us as well. We actually did win the game but unfortunately a incompetent ump couldn't do his job.

Rash didn't have a good 3 quarters but his last was good. That goal near the end where he took on 2 taller Swans players in a marking contest, beat them and poked through a goal was in my mind the equal or better than Rankines gooal which was magnificent on its own.

There is no doubt we were robbed of a win last night. But frankly a side that has lost 5 games by less than a goal, and which needs one goal review to have a chance of making the eight doesn't deserve to be there. To be a serious team next year, we need serious improvement.

Good - Rankine

I thought he was going to be pretty laconic coming over, when we're down though, he's always one of the players that look like they give a **** and goes in hard.

Give the coaches/captain a decision review system like the cricketers get and see if they can see it then?
Would prefer the AFL ARC just review all scores like they are meant to.

If an obvious error like last night. They can quickly notify the onfield umpires who can stop play & put time back on the clock.

There is no doubt we were robbed of a win last night. But frankly a side that has lost 5 games by less than a goal, and which needs one goal review to have a chance of making the eight doesn't deserve to be there. To be a serious team next year, we need serious improvement.
I think having most players under 50 games experience is a huge factor... but we need to be better in close games to make finals. Hope the players are learning.

Last night was our Final .....yes, a lot of errors occurred, this side however has a fighting spirit, our 2017 side never had

I think having most players under 50 games experience is a huge factor... but we need to be better in close games to make finals. Hope the players are learning.
AND ....a DEF that were the very definition of inexperienced .....we did them no favours either

Last night was our Final .....yes, a lot of errors occurred, this side however has a fighting spirit, our 2017 side never had
Maybe.

One parallel I see that I don’t like is in that game we drew Collingwood that year, we got to within a kick with about 8 minutes left I reckon, having been down by 50.

Did all the hard yards, plenty of time to snatch it, couldn’t hit the front.

Same as the last two weeks. Just don’t know how to win the close ones.

Maybe.

One parallel I see that I don’t like is in that game we drew Collingwood that year, we got to within a kick with about 8 minutes left I reckon, having been down by 50.

Did all the hard yards, plenty of time to snatch it, couldn’t hit the front.

Same as the last two weeks. Just don’t know how to win the close ones.
That's fine ....we've been over this infinitum ....you can't expect kids to play like experienced players .....kids haven't the body's to weather a long season of pressure footy

We're carrying a lot of players currently .....I thought we were horrible last night ....to get so close, who gets the credit for that ?

Back