News GMHBA Stadium Stage 5 Redevelopment

Remove this Banner Ad

Without having to count... how many of these big roof things are going up total? It has almost taken the life of a countdown of sorts as the count goes up... each one is a visible step closer to completion...

You would assume as well that while the grunts outside are getting the roof prepared and installed it is an absolute hive of activity internally as well..
Must not be long now until it is all done, I would actually considering going to a BBL game if it is ready and open for one more to see the new stand than actually having any interest in big bash :joycat:

As a Hawks fan was here for the AFLw game, and with only the Brownlow/premiership stand being open it meant that the away teams fans couldn’t really sit near the players race which is a bit annoying

but apart from that love all the work that has been done and can’t wait to see it when it’s fully completed

Last edited:
As a Hawks fan was here for the AFLw game, and with only the Brownlow/premiership stand being open it meant that the away teams fans couldn’t really sit near the players race which is a bit annoying

If you think they’re staffing a stand to allow oppo fans to sit near a walkway used 3-4 times for a total of 10 minutes over a 3 hour footy game, you haven’t run a business… get real chief

If you think they’re staffing a stand to allow oppo fans to sit near a walkway used 3-4 times for a total of 10 minutes over a 3 hour footy game, you haven’t run a business… get real chief
Fair I guess I just thought when you’ve had this much redevelopment done over the years they could have moved the away rooms to the other side lol

Fair I guess I just thought when you’ve had this much redevelopment done over the years they could have moved the away rooms to the other side lol
They are. They’re going in the new stand being built rn. Also the rooms underneath are used for gameday, but also club purposes during the week (all four programs across afl and vfl) as well as some community use (rehab/physio). New stand will also incorp local cricket too.

Out of all the people using the stadium, oppo teams come last (as they should). Thats what footy should be. Not this neutral happy clappy stuff the Melbourne clubs do

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I heard that a full house of 40,000 folks in the joint will bring in $1.2+million per game.
11 games x 1.2 = 13 plus million profit.
If so, well done to the club.
Our facilities will be first class.
Our stadium a unique fortress.
#40ThousandStrong
#11HomeGamesInGeelong
Fook we have really come a long way since my days of standing on the muddy slopes down the City end goals.
Go Catters!
I can remember those wodden slat seating. IIRC about 6-8 rows max around the ground in the GA.

Had to RUN to get them.

Lol.

I really appreciate the fact that you're the only person here complaining, when considered alongside your name.

#ohtheironing

Or get there early during the ressies match.
Nah early nineties you had to get there before gates open. The gates on the western side opened 15 minutes earlier than on the Moorabool St side. We'd (kids) line up there, get in, and sprint around behind the then Hickey stand and grab a bench near the front, laying out a scarf to save a spot for our folks.

Recon you'd miss a seat if you came once the ressies started. Maybe a different story in the earlier years but in the Blight era it was a mad dash for a seat.

Nah early nineties you had to get there before gates open. The gates on the western side opened 15 minutes earlier than on the Moorabool St side. We'd (kids) line up there, get in, and sprint around behind the then Hickey stand and grab a bench near the front, laying out a scarf to save a spot for our folks.

Recon you'd miss a seat if you came once the ressies started. Maybe a different story in the earlier years but in the Blight era it was a mad dash for a seat.
Definitely had to get there before the gates opened back in the 50s and 60s; of course, there were only 2 rows of seats around the fence in the Outer back then.

Or get there early during the ressies match.
I used to like to get to a game early and watch the last 1/2 of the reserves to see if anyone looked a likely candidate to play seniors.

I used to like to get to a game early and watch the last 1/2 of the reserves to see if anyone looked a likely candidate to play seniors.
I used to stand in line at 8am to get a seat on the wing. I remember saying to my step brother - watching a young Riccardi in the reserves - 'I reckon he'll play 300 games.' He fell short but he was a class above even then.

I used to get there about the same time, partly to watch the second half, and partly being short I wanted seat so I could see.

Remove this Banner Ad

News GMHBA Stadium Stage 5 Redevelopment

Remove this Banner Ad

Back