Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

Cheers to Lore for their hard work in setting this up, and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft - and please practice patience grasshoppers if it's not updated in the immediate aftermath of completed trade

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

Also,

2024 Draft and Trade Period Key Dates​

Oct 17 to Nov 8: Pick swap window
Nov 1 to Nov 8: Delisted free agency period
Nov 20-21: Telstra AFL Draft
Nov 22: Telstra Pre-Season Draft and Rookie Draft

God I hope we draw them twice
Getting them twice will be the biggest “equalisation” factor of all time.

Just another reason why the AFL fixture is a joke. Anyone who says it does not affect the season is kidding themselves.

West Coast have a look surely

Spent last night googling his stats and his highlights (vfl and junior days).

His draft highlights are super strong - looked quick, tough and calm with the ball. You can absolutely see why he was rated so highly. His only games of note in the VFL were as a forward and whilst they show some contested marking ability they don't scream "natural forward."

Clearly the hawks know more than anyone. I tend to over-rate previous high draft picks, feeling like maybe we can turn them around. I'm sure the cats (and most clubs for that matter) have had a look and we haven't at all been linked to him so i guess it's a no.

I don’t think I could stomach being a tigers fan next season. They are going to be so bad, it will be painful to watch.

WC of 2 seasons ago were almost the least competitive team I have ever seen, and the tigers of 2025 are going to be worse than that.

The fun of watching young players will have worn off by half time of round one when they are 50 points behind whoever they are playing.

No draft crop is worth going through that. I would much rather be a Bombers fan and actually enjoy watching my team be somewhat competitive.

True. But at least at the moment there is hope and anticipation. With Ess there’s just nothing.

Spent last night googling his stats and his highlights (vfl and junior days).

His draft highlights are super strong - looked quick, tough and calm with the ball. You can absolutely see why he was rated so highly. His only games of note in the VFL were as a forward and whilst they show some contested marking ability they don't scream "natural forward."

Clearly the hawks know more than anyone. I tend to over-rate previous high draft picks, feeling like maybe we can turn them around. I'm sure the cats (and most clubs for that matter) have had a look and we haven't at all been linked to him so i guess it's a no.
The main question marks have been endurance and strength/physicality.

From what I've seen from Hawks supporters, he had the odd game where you thought "This guy has something" but it never really amounted to any streak of form.

I wouldn't be against recruiting him, but Hawthorn are a good club who know what they have with players most of the time. Very to similar to us, they rarely let go of guns.

If he had been at Norf, St Kilda, or the Suns I'd probably be more excited about the prospect of 'fixing him' so to speak, as they tend to have no idea what they're doing, and a better development program like ours could change that.

He was mentioned a couple page back, he was a back up to Treakle and when he went in the Mid season draft, he came out of his shadow and shined. Over in the WAFL.
You would think St Kilda will be in box seat to get him as they did pull out of the Ivan deal from Port

Last edited:
The main question marks have been endurance and strength/physicality.

From what I've seen from Hawks supporters, he had the odd game where you thought "This guy has something" but it never really amounted to any streak of form.

I wouldn't be against recruiting him, but Hawthorn are a good club who know what they have with players most of the time. Very to similar to us, they rarely let go of guns.

If he had been at Norf, St Kilda, or the Suns I'd probably be more excited about the prospect of 'fixing him' so to speak, as they tend to have no idea what they're doing, and a better development program like ours could change that.
I did also see some commentary that there's a lot of endurance questions on him. Like he looked great then fades within games.

With the Hawks having Barrass and Battle coming in, and Frost now relegated to his natural position in the vfl, perhaps they might have thought of the years it would take to build the tank and the frame and thought it wasn't worth the effort for them.

I'd be ok with rookie listing him. Tie a rope around him and Dempsey and tell him to keep up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back