Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Ask and we'll try our best to assist - so here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

As normal, would like to acknowledge & thank Lore for creating this, keeping it up to date and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

Yeah, except for the fact that the contracts are different (and cheaper).
The cap is going up 2m this CBA. Surely we're at the point that they can be paid the same.
It's an outdated construct of the system.

Lol at Port supporters debating whether their club should pick-up Brandan Parfitt as a DFA. Wouldn't be surprised given Port's track record of collecting Geelong rejects like they're Pokemon over the past few years.

Buzza, Evans, Narkle, Ratugolea.....Parfitt?

:shoutyoldman:
You forgot Shayne Breuer 😎😎

Which part do you disagree with? Don't tell me you thought he had a good game.
The part where you decide a 21 year old KPF is no good and had no future based off one game.
I'm not sure what you expected, how many 15 odd game young forwards dominate a big final?

In 2012 a young Tom Hawkins who had broken out during the 2011 finals and been fantastic all 2012 had 9 touches in an elimination final loss to Freo in Melbourne.. This is a player that will go down as one of our all time greats, as a young forward having a poor final.
Now before you try twist what I'm saying, I'm not saying Neale is going to be a superstar... But writing him off, after a poor game where he battled hard and it just didn't work.. Is absolutely ****ing bone headed to the extreme.

Maybe go post on those mouth breather Facebook "supporter" groups.. That's about the quality of dribble I'd expect to see there

Have you watched him play, Foster hardly ever got near the ball. He's a big slow moving barge. However he is young and given more time to develop, who knows.
Lacked talent to begin with and really showed next to nothing, Id be astounded if their wasnt a better tall just to pick up in the draft, common sense decision by the club.

Rumour on the dogs board about an out of contract geelong player touring their facilities-I would assume it's clohesy purely because the only other ooc players are bews duncan and stanley and i doubt the dogs want them.
I suppose technically it still could be Parfitt for example... he is ooc

I don't like drafting pure kpd that high either but in fairness his 2k time was elite and he's good skills wise so he could theoretically play wing blicavs style of a number of other roles depending on how hes developed. it gives us more options at least.
That is a big punt to take that early in the draft.

I hope I am wrong and he is awesome.

Looks like it's happening. Josh Barnes just mentioned on the midweek tackle that Cillian Burke from County Kerry is joining us.

That would be interesting because we are full for cat bs so we would have to elevate one of the cat bs to the main list to do it.
Like how when furphy came last year we elevated either mullin or clohesy to the main list (club never announced which but i assume its clohesy that went up).

I suppose technically it still could be Parfitt for example... he is ooc

Maybe although he could have walked there FA so no trade would have been needed anyway whereas clohesy has to be traded unless he goes through the draft.

The part where you decide a 21 year old KPF is no good and had no future based off one game.
I'm not sure what you expected, how many 15 odd game young forwards dominate a big final?

In 2012 a young Tom Hawkins who had broken out during the 2011 finals and been fantastic all 2012 had 9 touches in an elimination final loss to Freo in Melbourne.. This is a player that will go down as one of our all time greats, as a young forward having a poor final.
Now before you try twist what I'm saying, I'm not saying Neale is going to be a superstar... But writing him off, after a poor game where he battled hard and it just didn't work.. Is absolutely ****ing bone headed to the extreme.

Maybe go post on those mouth breather Facebook "supporter" groups.. That's about the quality of dribble I'd expect to see there
I mean the direct comparison with Hawkins is one that shocks most people because at the same age (Neale hit 22 this year and Hawkins hit 22 in 2010) Hawkins and Neale were VERY similar.
1727173893544.png

Hawkins spent more time in the ruck because it wasn't working super well in the f50 and we were copying what teams were doing by having a starting ruck and then a fwd/ruck as backup.

But While Hawkins had more marks and disposals from being up the field, their f50 stats are very very similar and thats with Neale playing 3 less games.

While I don't think Neale will do a Hawkins next year, I still think he ends up being an important forward for us.

So our R1 + Clohesy for Smith?

No Clohesy has about pick 70 at best as trade value.
It would be 15 + current r2/future 2nd and ted, and we maybe get pick 80 back or something.

He will probably still stay as dixon and finlayson are cooked and marshall has concussions but it cant hurt us to ask.
I wouldn't say Finlayson is cooked.. But Dixon yes... They played Esava, Mitch G, Marshall and now Jack L plus Dante Visentni chopped a bit forward. That's a fair few key Forwards. I definitely would be picking up the phone to Ollie Lord manager and asking the question

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm still struggling to see how people think Neale is a good long term option... That performance in the prelim was one of the worst I have seen from a player.

Hawkins on one leg would have offered more. The bloke can hardly run as well and you murdered in the rebound after the footy hit him in the face instead of his mitts.....
So you want to judge Neale on one game? Why not choose the qualifying final then? Was excellent and made it impossible for Hawkins to be chosen in front of him. As for saying he can hardly run, you obviously haven't seen his time trial results - 2nd behind Blitz IIRC.

There are plenty of players that I have my doubts about. Neale is not one of them.

Maybe although he could have walked there FA so no trade would have been needed anyway whereas clohesy has to be traded unless he goes through the draft.
Yeah that is true, but b4 being announced he was delisted which was only a few hours back, he was ooc and when people mention people like that, they might not give all the full details

"Battled hard" is being very very kind.... Didn't realise he had relatives on here. Just my opinion buddy, nothing against the guy just don't think he has what we need.

So you want to judge Neale on one game? Why not choose the qualifying final then? Was excellent and made it impossible for Hawkins to be chosen in front of him. As for saying he can hardly run, you obviously haven't seen his time trial results - 2nd behind Blitz IIRC.

There are plenty of players that I have my doubts about. Neale is not one of them.
Hopefully I'm completely wrong, let's see where he is in a few years.

I mean the direct comparison with Hawkins is one that shocks most people because at the same age (Neale hit 22 this year and Hawkins hit 22 in 2010) Hawkins and Neale were VERY similar.
View attachment 2120778

Hawkins spent more time in the ruck because it wasn't working super well in the f50 and we were copying what teams were doing by having a starting ruck and then a fwd/ruck as backup.

But While Hawkins had more marks and disposals from being up the field, their f50 stats are very very similar and thats with Neale playing 3 less games.

While I don't think Neale will do a Hawkins next year, I still think he ends up being an important forward for us.
You can set the player comparison to averages on footywire too so you can account for the games played. Hawkins marginally ahead on pretty much everything except goals 👍

I'm not saying this will be the trade.

I'm asking would everyone take it if available?

I would... I do not think the Doggies will though.

Was waiting to see how many people jumped out saying "no way we trade Ted" when really it's a decent deal for us.
I don't want to lose Ted but if he wants opportunity I don't see how we can stand in his way.

Being stuck behind the small forwards we have is a career killer

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back