Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Ask and we'll try our best to assist - so here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

As normal, would like to acknowledge & thank Lore for creating this, keeping it up to date and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

Bruhn's ball use on Thursday was superb. Both by foot and hand

The highlight for me was in the first quarter when he marked in the half back flank and hit Bowes on the wing on the edge of the centre square to open up the ground in attack. It was just a really composed decision and execution to take on the more aggressive option.
He has excellent skills. I think we (me included) often don’t take into account contested vs uncontested. For all the players. There is a very high correlation between contested % and low effective kicks %. When Tanner gets free he is an excellent user of the ball but he goes through games sometimes doing kicks under massive pressure

I had a feeling that photo might resurface. Surprised no one in the media has grabbed it and had some fun.

At least it helps dispel any lingering doubts about Bailey's mental state. I mean who doesn't walk their cat around on a dog lead. Perfectly normal behaviour.
The world has gone a little mad. In Torquay you aren’t allowed now to let cat outside at all. Our club has proven that Cats can’t be caged in!

Maybe that rumour from a few months ago has some merit?

Clubs can't agree on a deal, so the Cats take the Macrae contract as a sweetner?

All comes down to what Jack's family arrangements are of course, but I could see it happening that way.
We could become the club of the salary dumps! I don’t know how they look him in the eyes though and say he can fit in the MF rotation?

I had a feeling that photo might resurface. Surprised no one in the media has grabbed it and had some fun.

At least it helps dispel any lingering doubts about Bailey's mental state. I mean who doesn't walk their cat around on a dog lead. Perfectly normal behaviour.
I met a dude at Uni once who had his cat coming into Uni and just chilling on his shoulders all day. Great cat, funny guy.

We defiantly need a big bodied mid post Danger, I don't watch Carlton so know nothing about Kennedy but we do need to add one to the list soon.
Knevitt, Holmes.

We don’t tend to go for players who only play one position well, though - and we already have a few who are inside mid only.

Mullin Henry Zuthrie
Holmes SDK Humphries
Dempsey Smith Mannagh
Conway Bruhn REID
Close Neale Miers
Henry CADMAN Stengle

Clark Knevitt Clohesy Bowes COS

Crazy where we sit right now. Q -

Do we go all out for these two given our strength across the board, picking the eyes out of the latter stages of the draft; and how could we make it work as far as draft capital.

Mullin Henry Zuthrie
Holmes SDK Humphries
Dempsey Smith Mannagh
Conway Bruhn REID
Close Neale Miers
Henry CADMAN Stengle

Do we go all out for these two given our strength across the board, picking the eyes out of the latter stages of the draft; and how could we make it work as far as draft capital.
I think the assumption that Reid ever gets to Geelong is a bit over-stated. Yes, he was a Geelong supporter. Just as Jeremy Cameron toured Collingwood before picking us and was a Pies supporter as a kid. I think Reid will get back to Victoria but from what I'm told, he craves the spotlight and will be eyeing of a big Melbourne based club.

Cadman is the real and absolute target for Geelong. The club have followed him for a long time and he's a very similar personality type to Cameron. Will not last in Sydney and there are strong ties in place with our club. If I was betting I would have Cadman a very short priced favourite to land at Geelong when his contract is nearly up at GWS.

Mullin Henry Zuthrie
Holmes SDK Humphries
Dempsey Smith Mannagh
Conway Bruhn REID
Close Neale Miers
Henry CADMAN Stengle

I think there's a bit of a flow on effect from acquiring guys like Danger, Jeremy and Smith. Smith in particular having such a large media + business profile. It may make us an attractive destination for a player like Reid. The only thing is I don't think we'd give him the 1.4m 10 year contract he might be wanting.

Cadman hasn’t shown enough as yet to being ticking off going all out for him.

He could/should show more next year.

Reid will be a superstar and impact many games for a loooong time… that is a certainty given a good run with injuries imo.

Not sure Cadman is a sure thing like Ried is… but talls obviously take longer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why are people in this thread talking about Cadman like he is guaranteed to leave GWS, what indication has he ever given to say he wants to leave to play with us, same with Reid, its all fantasy,
Have a look at the thread title, maybe a Bex and a lie down.

Last edited by a moderator:
Knevitt, Holmes.

We don’t tend to go for players who only play one position well, though - and we already have a few who are inside mid only.

Knevett is nowhere near it at this stage. I would not be counting on him to be that big bodied mid post Danger.

Holmes will be if he fully develops his inside game but he's not at that stage yet.

But that's 1, at the moment we're running Danger and Stewart there for a reason.

We need another one, an inside big bodied bull.

Knevett is nowhere near it at this stage. I would not be counting on him to be that big bodied mid post Danger.

Holmes will be if he fully develops his inside game but he's not at that stage yet.

But that's 1, at the moment we're running Danger and Stewart there for a reason.

We need another one, an inside big bodied bull.
I don’t think buying a guy who wasn’t good enough for Carlton is the answer

Apparently Isaac Cumming has requested to go to South Australia?

Cadman hasn’t shown enough as yet to being ticking off going all out for him.

He could/should show more next year.

Reid will be a superstar and impact many games for a loooong time… that is a certainty given a good run with injuries imo.

Not sure Cadman is a sure thing like Ried is… but talls obviously take longer.
If you get a chance to review the GWS V Sydney game he almost single handedly got them over the line. Midfielders were picking him off at every opportunity over Hogan in that second half. Long reach - great mobility. Kid is going to be a star.

On Trade radio on the AFL Site, Cal Twomey mentioned if we're to get Smith (since he still hasn't nominated a club) then Cats don't want to give more then the current first rounder of this year, and Doggies will want more then that. Expect it to go down to the wire.

Damian Barrett asked Cal what leverage does the Dogs have since he's ooc and hasn't played in 12 months. And Cal said only the PSD which Damian replied that it rarely ever gets to that nor does it work out well for clubs.

Riley Beveridge said he thinks Geelong is in the mix for other mids as well but Smith the main focus. (didn't mention any names)

Kennedy is about as good as Parfitt. Pass
With all due respect, I question how much you've watched Kennedy. Let me know when Parfitt averages 25 touches a game in a season.

Many Blues fans have been clamoring for Kennedy to get more burn in the middle. He has been used as a half forward who goes through the middle. He is a much more versatile player than Hewitt or Cerra which is why his midfield time is down the last two seasons.

Hardly a bad sign he's getting pushed out in a midfield that features Cripps, Walsh, Cerra and Hewitt.

In the end I don't care if he's not looked at, not a hill worth dying on. But some of the takes on Kennedy are hilariously bad.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back