Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 1

Remove this Banner Ad

So get brad close on the phone he's from the limestone coast too.

Speaking of Close, when I was searching X earlier for talk about Butters to Geelong, I came across this suggested trade from 2022 by Port fan who didn't want JHF

I love the long sleeves, but where do we sign...

"I personally wouldn’t want him to come to Port, not worth Butters or Rozee. The crows can have JHF cause I’m not interested in squeezing him into our squad. I would trade Zak Butters to Geelong to bring Brad Close back home to SA cause he’s worth a Port steal."

Speaking of Close, when I was searching X earlier for talk about Butters to Geelong, I came across this suggested trade from 2022 by Port fan who didn't want JHF

"I personally wouldn’t want him to come to Port, not worth Butters or Rozee. The crows can have JHF cause I’m not interested in squeezing him into our squad. I would trade Zak Butters to Geelong to bring Brad Close back home to SA cause he’s worth a Port steal."
Reminds of similar from a Port fan a while back

"We thought Butters was the second coming of Robbie Gray. Turns out he's the second coming of Sam Gray"

Good reminder to never judge youngsters too harshly early on, and that while you might think other clubs have it better, they're usually complaining about the same things we are with their players.

This seriously trumps anything else in this thread and needs more discussion

EDIT - is she good on both sides of her body....to kinda keep it on topic.
shes awesome on both sides of her body. Can confirm.

GO Catters

I can't find it now, but I've read elsewhere we've shown serious interest in Butters - no idea on the validity though

I've heard similar.

Same as you, read somewhere that it's inevitable that Butters & Cadman end up at Geelong within a few years. Can't remember where though.

Hardly rock hard evidence, and likely means almost nothing...but we can always dream.
Jack the Godfather always preached it because he’s from Bacchus Marsh

Jack the Godfather always preached it because he’s from Bacchus Marsh

I read it on socials and it wasn't an obvious Geelong person commenting about it

That's what made me raise my eyebrow like 🤨

Fair, but have you actually watched him this season? He’s been unreal , not even looking at stats. His attack on the ball and marking on a lead is up there with the best in the league atm
He was good before this year. With Kennedy and Darling in the team the played a different role. Worked hard up the ground as the 3rd tall and creating space for the other two while playing the high half forward marking type player.

I'm not sure why some on this board are calling him a mark/kick type player with low iq. It's a bad call

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have heard this multiple times over the past 4 years.
Smoke? Fire? 2 plus 2 equals 5??
FWIW I think there's more to this story.
Like him. A little lazy but i like him.
And being a RFA also, most of the teams don't match the bid, if there going to get a good compensation pick in return

I believe the Butters talk is because Wells came out and said Butters was the one he was after in that year's draft. Port got him a couple of picks before we took Jordan Clark.

All good news although I kinda feel the bolded be like below....

Kinda the same as im pretty deep into Kate Beckinsale and she's gonna be at work here tomorrow.. and ive been deep into her since her draft year too...Damn keen since her first movie and still pretty handy now.

So I may not have many positing opportunities after I get fired for chatting with the talent.... LOL

Got no chance but still interested lol

GO Catters
How did you go Daz?

He's Mt G isn't he? Still a fair way from Adelaide.

While it's frustrating at times not seeing Neale kick more goals we need to remember he is a key forward who is still 21. He's a 203cm specimen and I think something may click one day and he'll be great. We've given plenty of players more years on the list who really should've been shipped off earlier.
Great attitude, great core skills, great unit. Give him time and he will be very good at least.

IMO he is not that far off having a real breakout game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back