Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah it's way too late to be drafting to replace Cameron. We have to trade for a KPF. I just don't think it's our biggest issue and won't be until Cameron falls off a cliff and so we'd have the trade priorities in the wrong order. I would say this even with Holmes moving into the middle and Stewart at 31 I can't see coming in.
I thought it was already certain that we will be getting Cadman in 5 years to replace Cameron (who will go to same age as Hawkins!). Happy to give 3 first rounders (with Tassie in) and just rinse and repeat our appreciation to GWS for looking after one of ours and handing him back to win a flag

I thought it was already certain that we will be getting Cadman in 5 years to replace Cameron (who will go to same age as Hawkins!). Happy to give 3 first rounders (with Tassie in) and just rinse and repeat our appreciation to GWS for looking after one of ours and handing him back to win a flag
I'm certain getting Cadman fet real in my dream the other day. I'll believe it when he requests it though

Id say they are similar types. Their stats seem similar to me .

Same type of raw player that seem to do nothing for a while then can win a game quickly.

Add him if he was able to play some mid time then Id think as FA we would enquire. (Not sure on the dollars he would expect)

View attachment 1974744*

That is quite unfavourable for Zurhaar, to come short against a 30 year old Stringer who is best known for his underperformance.

I feel like "plug and play" players can be misleading, looking at Bowes and Bruhn, both needed a year to acclimatise to our group and play genuinely good footy on a more consistent level. Add in the limited amount of free agents/trade targets who can A. Improve us as a team and also more importantly B. Fit into the culture and lifestyle of Geelong, you get a much smaller selection.
For every Isaac Smith you get a Shaun Higgins, who I rated as a player before but never seemed to really perform at Geelong.

I do agree with you, it would be my preferred kinda trade to get someone ready to go right in rather than a draftee but I feel like sometimes we on the board tend to create those kind of players in our head or at least hope that a player like LDU is going to be exactly what we're looking for in terms of all the above.

We’ve had a few hit the ground running. Isaac Smith obviously but Cameron, Touhy, and Henderson started out pretty good. To me, they needed to be traded in for a specific reason though. Right now we need a 190cm, 90kg inside mid that gets 6 clearances a game. Jack Macrae would be perfect I reckon.

We have not seen Edwards yet... would it really matter if he just spent the year in the gym?
I find that disrespectful to Edwards career. Oh well, a year of a draftee doesn't matter.
I want him getting games in the VFL this year to develop, not sitting on an injury list to help us pick up some state level crap mid-season.

Edwards was at Princes Park on Saturday and was moving around uninhibited.

Last edited:
He's De Goey from Aldi for mine, always has been, even down to the s**t tatts.

Would consider him as FA for nothing but salary, but he's not going to be the difference maker in the middle we need.

Workrate and professionalism has been questioned heavily over on the Norf board, so much so that a lot of them want him gone.

With that being said, we're one of the only clubs in the land who have a shot at turning that around.

Just another good player, and I suppose you can never have enough of those.
Another greedy me me player like Bailey Smith.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another greedy me me player like Bailey Smith.
Yep, not a big fan.

I'd accept it if it happened, but there a better options available.

On the one hand, you could argue he'd look better in a good side, but it's a tale as old as time.

On the other, there's the argument that Norf have been as s**t as they have because senior players like him haven't pulled their weight.

Haha no he is not way better than Stringer at his best, and definitely not as good as DeGoey.
Stringer made the AA team and kicked 50+ goals.

For all his flaws both as a player and person, he looked like being a genuine superstar early on. It's why the permanent teasing off his talents has been so frustrating.

Zurhaar has never shown anything remotely close to Stringer's 2015.

Stringer made the AA team and kicked 50+ goals.

For all his flaws both as a player and person, he looked like being a genuine superstar early on. It's why the permanent teasing off his talents has been so frustrating.

Zurhaar has never shown anything remotely close to Stringer's 2015.
Yeah talk to a genuine doggies supporter (who doesn’t dislike him) and they will tell you how good he was at his peak. Comes across as a genuine tosser but no denying his ability.

Yep, not a big fan.

I'd accept it if it happened, but there a better options available.

On the one hand, you could argue he'd look better in a good side, but it's a tale as old as time.

On the other, there's the argument that Norf have been as s**t as they have because senior players like him haven't pulled their weight.
That is the problem though - north have had no senior players at all. Players like zurhar have been expected to be senior players since age 20, that is no good for any players development.

DOCKERS POACH CATS RECRUITER

FREMANTLE has strengthened its recruiting department by poaching long-time Geelong talent scout Liam Woodland.

The Dockers had been among the clubs looking to bolster their recruiting team throughout recent months, with Woodland accepting the role this week after more than a decade working at the Cats.

The highly rated Woodland, who first began at Kardinia Park in 2012, has worked alongside Geelong recruiting great Stephen Wells and more recently with football boss Andrew Mackie throughout his time at the club.

Fremantle's recruiting department is headed up by list boss David Walls and fellow recruiters Ed McMullin and David McMullin.

Elliot Yeo.
Free Agent.
If we ever wanted an inside bull of a high calibre that will only cost us cash and most likely 3 years.
Finally over his OP and rekindling his All Australian form of 4-5 years ago.
31yo. 2 great years might be all we get.
Mentioned him a while ago.
Some Folks might have written him off a little early.
Has had his nose put outta place with Eagles contract offers a few weeks back.
Bloody hell, wish Jono Brown would zip it on the couch lol 😂
Unlikely…. But since this a wishful thinking thread of players that would tick our biggest need.
Give me Elliot Yeo thanks.

FREMANTLE has strengthened its recruiting department by poaching long-time Geelong talent scout Liam Woodland.

The Dockers had been among the clubs looking to bolster their recruiting team throughout recent months, with Woodland accepting the role this week after more than a decade working at the Cats.

The highly rated Woodland, who first began at Kardinia Park in 2012, has worked alongside Geelong recruiting great Stephen Wells and more recently with football boss Andrew Mackie throughout his time at the club.

Fremantle's recruiting department is headed up by list boss David Walls and fellow recruiters Ed McMullin and David McMullin.
He is a bit of a loss. While Wells gets the credit, Liam over the past 5 years was the one who really uncovered those non traditional ones (like Dempsey, Wiltchire)

That’s a blow, I’ve heard the club speak very highly of him.

Elliot Yeo.
Free Agent.
If we ever wanted an inside bull of a high calibre that will only cost us cash and most likely 3 years.
Finally over his OP and rekindling his All Australian form of 4-5 years ago.
31yo. 2 great years might be all we get.
Mentioned him a while ago.
Some Folks might have written him off a little early.
Has had his nose put outta place with Eagles contract offers a few weeks back.
Bloody hell, wish Jono Brown would zip it on the couch lol 😂
Unlikely…. But since this a wishful thinking thread of players that would tick our biggest need.
Give me Elliot Yeo thanks.

Wont leave WA.

What did he say 80%. Still that means 20% to move on and replace. I think every coach moves on players after making a judgement on them. I wonder how many players we had on our list when Thompson walked thru the door that were still there in 07? Probably a little different as he built a group. My bet is Luk ends up elsewhere and is probably replaced by guys less talented but tackle like crazy men and can run like the wind.

No one will offer them what they want to trade luk so he will stay.

Plus he is very close to rowell who they need to retain.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back