No Oppo Supporters General AFL Discussion #10 - Carlton Posters ONLY!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I find the Nick Blakey situation concerning. While I don't think it's fair to punish a kid by forcing him to play for two clubs that are an absolute rabble. Surely him being available as an academy player is ridiculous.

The kid is from an AFL family :/

e7e3d55c394125d7cdffe2581315f8fb38557da4

Nick Blakey probably wants a steak too...

It makes sense: he qualifies under their academy rules, his dad is on staff, he's probably barracked for them for most of his life.

Blame the AFL for not inserting a father/son exemption in there, or the two F/S clubs for not having a good culture that keeps these kids connected to the club. To me it sounds like if he had been disqualified from the Academy, he'd have entered the draft, ala Murphy.

#AnywhereButNorth

think we have a couple of square metres of zone in mill park somewhere..........

Phew ... for a minute there I thought we were at the back of the queue again .......

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Take the * drug-taking and cheating out of it and this would be the footy story of he century - in the context of their criminal activities and outright mutilation of the integrity of the game, this just seems a bit ho-hum really - how did that ****ing even happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back