Opinion Geelong's era of dominance over

Remove this Banner Ad

Spare what mate? Last round he literally got 3rd BOG. If that’s average to you ok.
How many Brownlow votes this year: 1?

How many coaches votes this year: about 4?

How many times listed in Richmond's best players this year: once?

How many Brownlow and coaches votes up to and including round 13 in 2023?

All of these answers indicate average form, broken up by one superb run of form in the middle (when Richmond's season was dead anyway).

How many Brownlow votes this year: 1?

How many coaches votes this year: about 4?

How many times listed in Richmond's best players this year: once?

How many Brownlow and coaches votes up to and including round 13 in 2023?

All of these answers indicate average form, broken up by one superb run of form in the middle (when Richmond's season was dead anyway).

You sound deranged he’s played 4 games off injury. You are just desperate to bag his consistency yet again bringing up Ablett in a thread that’s not about him.

Who’s doing the robbing exactly?
f539e0f26b4ba2dcc2560e9abba39daa.jpg

posting a screenshot of the stats of a 19-year-old who's played 5 games after missing a season with a foot injury doesn't mean much.

i get you're gonna try and act like he isn't gonna be good but he wasn't drafted to rack up touches.

STRENGTHS:

• Consistency
  • Production
  • Contested work
  • Leadership
  • Clean skills
  • Dual footed

IMPROVEMENTS:

• Explosive speed
  • Outside game

they're his draft strengths and weaknesses and if you've watched him this year (you probably haven't) he's an absolute nutcase and will put his body on the line for anything, already.

You sound deranged he’s played 4 games off injury. You are just desperate to bag his consistency yet again bringing up Ablett in a thread that’s not about him.
Sound deranged because I asked a few logical questions that could measure his output? That would sadly be a comprehension issue on your part.

One lightning stretch of 10 games aside, Martin's form has been average for a few years now.

It has zero to do with Geelong's era of dominance though, so you're right that we should get back to your favourite hobby: discussing Geelong.

posting a screenshot of the stats of a 19-year-old who's played 5 games after missing a season with a foot injury doesn't mean much.

i get you're gonna try and act like he isn't gonna be good but he wasn't drafted to rack up touches.

they're his draft strengths and weaknesses and if you've watched him this year (you probably haven't) he's an absolute nutcase and will put his body on the line for anything, already.
Yep his body is a couple of seasons away and he needs 50 games in the bank to get his composure. A very good prospect but his minutes this season are merely an apprenticeship. He didn't even get to play that much VFL last year, so needs game time in general.

I can do Falcon a favour and actually extrapolate that last quarter sub to a full game, then recalculate? Since he didn't want to remove it.

That would give him a 32 disposal rather than 8 disposal data point.

Cleansweep17 what do you reckon?

Are you the guy the didn’t want to average out Dustys 2020 season because you can’t assume he’d get that stats? Funny that you’ve changed your mind now.

Fact is the future stars of the game are Ashcroft, Daicos, JHF, Reid etc. you’ve got none of those types of players nor will you have enough draft capital to get them. We will.

I’ll wait to see how he goes against the harder teams. I have a feeling those stats will drop.

Are you the guy the didn’t want to average out Dustys 2020 season because you can’t assume he’d get that stats? Funny that you’ve changed your mind now.

Fact is the future stars of the game are Ashcroft, Daicos, JHF, Reid etc. you’ve got none of those types of players nor will you have enough draft capital to get them. We will.

I’ll wait to see how he goes against the harder teams. I have a feeling those stats will drop.
So you are fessing up to your mistake now?

Or you genuinely tried to just slip the sub game in and thought nobody would notice?

Both situations are amusing.

Yep his body is a couple of seasons away and he needs 50 games in the bank to get his composure. A very good prospect but his minutes this season are merely an apprenticeship. He didn't even get to play that much VFL last year, so needs game time in general.

I’ll give you a tip every supporter base rates there own young kids better than they actually are. Unlike you we don’t shove it down people’s throats and boast about it, especially when they’ve achieved nothing.

So you are fessing up to your mistake now?

Or you genuinely tried to just slip the sub game in and thought nobody would notice?

Both situations are amusing.

I got that off the afl app you can’t remove games.

Not everything is a conspiracy.

I’ll give you a tip every supporter base rates there own young kids better than they actually are. Unlike you we don’t shove it down people’s throats and boast about it, especially when they’ve achieved nothing.
You must be confusing me with someone who has guaranteed that Clark will be elite, rather than someone who has made a reasonable reply to a troll trying to rubbish a young player.

You jump into every and any thread related to Geelong and then crack it when people discuss Geelong players. What are you expecting?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I got that off the afl app you can’t remove games.

Not everything is a conspiracy.
You've tried using Bowes sub appearance to bring the numbers down, now let's use the extrapolation method to turn that sub quarter into a full game. I'm only using it to add balance and because a few of you love to extrapolate the 2020 season stats.

Bowes averages over his last 4 AFL games (using RFC-approved extrapolation of reduced minutes in his singular sub game). This is since we moved him to midfield permanently in round 24 last year, rather than using him as a back flanker/utility:

26 disposals
11 contested possessions
6 clearances
8 tackles
5 inside 50s
6 score involvements
0.5 goals
1.3 goal assists

His pre-season output was similar. So yes he's come on leaps and bounds compared to mid-2023 when he didn't have a defined or important role.

And how do you guarantee that happens?

Nothing is guaranteed but who would have a better chance of getting then

A team getting pick 1, 5 years in a row or a team with pick 17, 5 years in a row. This is what is going to happen with our two clubs. The gulf of talent will be huge. Our second round pick will be pretty much as good as your first rounder too.

You must be confusing me with someone who has guaranteed that Clark will be elite, rather than someone who has made a reasonable reply to a troll trying to rubbish a young player.

Tilly I think it was thinks you guys have done the best drafting of the century or whatever getting players like bruhn, Bowes etc. So good in fact that he had to mention it twice.

None of your guys will be the best in league a few years from now like the Gulden, Rozee, Ashcroft, JHF, Reed, Daicos, Sheezel, Walsh etc. I don’t see the supporters of their respective supporter bases gloating like yours. It must Geelong thing.

See this is the problem. I literally posted his stats and said nothing and you think I’m trolling. You’ve got issues.

Last edited:
You jump into every and any thread related to Geelong and then crack it when people discuss Geelong players. What are you expecting?

Civil replies, from you guys. I just posted the stats and within minutes all you guys jumped out from the woodwork. It’s quite sad.

You should research things better before posting. Bowes has been in our best players the last 3 AFL games he has played, as well as his full pre season game and he has been influential both times as sub in between.

How many coaches votes? Since you like using them so much.

Not to sound ungrateful or arrogant, but considering just how dominant we have been in terms of win/loss statistics and top 4 finishes etc over the past 20 years, I still think we are probably 1 premiership short of what would truly reflect our era of dominance.

Unfortunately for us, we ran into the Hawks and then Tigers dynasties along the way. The latter in particular probably prevented us from winning another 2 flags in 2019 and 2020. Having said that, that's football and they completely deserved those Premierships. We just couldn't handle their insane level of pressure.

Tilly I think it was thinks you guys have done the best drafting of the century or whatever getting players like bruhn, Bowes etc. So good in fact that he had to mention it twice.

None of your guys will be the best in league a few years from now like the Gulden, Rozee, Ashcroft, JHF, Reed, Daicos, Sheezel, Walsh etc. I don’t see the supporters of their respective supporter bases gloating like yours. It must Geelong thing.

See this is the problem. I literally posted his stats and said nothing and you think I’m trolling. You’ve got issues.

It’s amazing how few times they have to go into depth about their drafting when every second thread on the main board isn’t a cacophony of fans from one particular club trying to tell them how bad they have been at drafting 😂

A team getting pick 1, 5 years in a row or a team with pick 17, 5 years in a row. This is what is going to happen with our two clubs. The gulf of talent will be huge. Our second round pick will be pretty much as good as your first rounder too.

A team getting pick 1 five years in a row is borderline going to be such a basket case that nothing could fix it. A team getting pick 17 five years in a row is obviously finishing in the top four each season, probably winning flags which suddenly seems to not matter to you - it’s only what happens afterwards that counts now 😂 - has steady staff and players and would be a perfect destination for any draftee, free agent, or a player requesting a trade from his current club.

#dicksoutsforthedraft

Last edited:

North Melbourne's last five years of drafts have started:

2019: Pick 31
2020: Pick 3
2021: Pick 1 (Already left the club)
2022: Pick 3
2023: Pick 2

And that's one of the historically worst teams we've seen in ages whose supporters are understandably sick of being crap, yet despite all this they've only managed to grab the single pick 1 in that five year stretch in JHF who left to Port after one year. But apparently your Tiggies are looking at collecting the next FIVE pick 1s in a row?

full

Remove this Banner Ad

Back