Preview Fremantle Vs Richmond RD 17 at Optus - Battle of the Sydney slayers

Remove this Banner Ad

Well well well...Here we are it's round 17 and we're playing Richmond who we joined in the Swan slayers club.
A membership of 2! Talk about being exclusive!!

Last time we played the Tigers it was a torrid struggle for 3 quarters but that was ended when the Big Kahuna went full God mode. Young was twirling on his dancing feet slotting goals from the 50. Serong suffered severe leather poisoning with 38 touches and walked the ball out from stoppages. Ryan was wearing a sign that said "Kick it here!" and the Tigers followed those instructions feeding Ryan the ball all day.

But before I get to carried away this wouldn't be a Fremantle vs Richmond preview without this picture of a Fremantle legend and fan Favourite David Mundy:
View attachment 2037813
1720097388697.png
The form for the last 5 games for both sides looks like this:

Fremantle: DWLWW -3rd
Richmond : LLWLL -17th

Teams named below:

1720091185303.png

We lose Walker to an injury and Davies is omitted. We bring in Cox and Walters.
Richmond lose Dusty and bring in Cumberland.

Key Matchups -

Darcy Vs Nank - Nank is big strong ruck that won't be easily pushed around by Darcy. Will the Darcy/Jackson combo wear down Nank the tank and give Fremantle ascendancy later in the game. Can our midfield get on top for four quarters after lowering our colours in the 3rd quarter last time.

Amiss vs Miller Round 2 : Can Amiss use his smarts and beat Miller or will it be another heavily scragged affair.

The rain: Last time we played at Optus it rained and their butterball mids beat up on our smaller midfielders. Will Fyfe and Young be able to implement their will onto the contests if its wet. I'm looking forward to watching them try.

External Expectations: Can Fremantle back up a memerable win? Whenver the media shines the spotlight and gives us the pat on the back we all seem to crave the team drinks the bathwater and we don't turn up.

Prediction
We've named a near full strength side and they are in the midst of a serious injury crisis. If we're on and the rain stays away I can see this being a good win. Our whole team has looked more and more cohesive and is moving ball with speed. When we get it right we cut teams apart and can score heavily.

Fremantle by 56 points.

Last edited:

I am expecting Richmond to want to do to us what we did to Sydney last weekend.

I would hope the side is prepared for that ambush and brings appropriate effort.

We cannot afford to drop a game.
Apparently they are expecting Fyfe to tag tarranto! Think they might be the ones who get ambushed when Fyfe has 30 touches before being subbed out at 3/4 time if that’s what they are expecting

Yeah I’m pretty confident we’re up
to the task, but at this stage of the season I’m happy to walk away with 4
points without slipping over any banana peels

Checking out those goals from last time, three things struck me:

1. Liam Baker is a turd
2. Michael Frederick off the chain is a delight and an inspiration
3. The booing from Tigers fans is a glorious noise

Also Hayden Young's right foot is better than that of most right footers.

Checking out those goals from last time, three things struck me:

1. Liam Baker is a turd
2. Michael Frederick off the chain is a delight and an inspiration
3. The booing from Tigers fans is a glorious noise

Also Hayden Young's right foot is better than that of most right footers.
I think you're being a bit harsh on Liam Baker, whenever a player is up for trade they get massively talked up but he's still a solid player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think that poster meant we would be trading Bolton or Baker for Bailey. Eg we'll be swapping a B for a B. Id accept a swap of Bolton for Bailey. Just.
"that poster"

Rude.

But no.

The Baker & Bolton Cup ;)

I think you're being a bit harsh on Liam Baker, whenever a player is up for trade they get massively talked up but he's still a solid player.
I think Bigger is commenting on all Bakers late hits on our players, the Amiss one was just grubby and we should have got a 50 but the tigers fans would have stormed the ground.

We are expected to win, therefore we will lose
Star Wars Disney Plus GIF by Disney+

Remove this Banner Ad

Back