Football Related Random Thread - PART 2

Remove this Banner Ad

there needs to be clinical studies undertaken on how dayne zorko elicits such strong emotions from opposition supporters.

there needs to be clinical studies undertaken on how dayne zorko elicits such strong emotions from opposition supporters.
To be honest it's not hard. He is a bit of a dickhead on the field. :D

Those who seek to be offended will certainly find reasons to be offended. Then they'll make sure to tell everyone about it.
Ultimately it comes down to whether the kiss-ee was comfortable with the situation. There's no indication that she was uncomfortable. Which is very different from the Spanish situation. It's fine.

I enjoyed whoever it was (Evans?) suggesting that Vic teams should play finals interstate at their lower ranked interstate opponents in round 1 of the finals ... what you say rearing back in horror... such is unfair? Welcome to our experience in the GF at the MCG

I enjoyed whoever it was (Evans?) suggesting that Vic teams should play finals interstate at their lower ranked interstate opponents in round 1 of the finals ... what you say rearing back in horror... such is unfair? Welcome to our experience in the GF at the MCG
Except we were legitimately the lower ranked team.

It's probably a conversation better had about West Coast 2018, Adelaide 2017, Sydney 2016, West Coast 2015 and Sydney 2014.

Except we were legitimately the lower ranked team.

It's probably a conversation better had about West Coast 2018, Adelaide 2017, Sydney 2016, West Coast 2015 and Sydney 2014.
Not specific to the Lions or one historical moment ... I believe the concept was Swans come 8th, Pies come 5th and Pies travel to Sydney for their elimination final in the first week of finals as a balance to the Swans come 2nd, Pies come 6th and both end up in GF at the Pies home ground instead of the Swans.

Personally I think it's a pretty amusing suggestion, and Mark Evans has done a good job getting it out to the media without laughing.

I reckon the best of 3 Grand Final suggestion has more legs. I quite like the model that's been mooted where one game is held at the MCG, another at the home of the top ranked team, and another is bid for, auction/Super Bowl style, presumably by the various governments. And the top ranked team gets to choose the order of those venues, but the MCG has to be one of the first 2 to allow the AFL to meet it's contractual obligations.

Personally I think it's a pretty amusing suggestion, and Mark Evans has done a good job getting it out to the media without laughing.

I reckon the best of 3 Grand Final suggestion has more legs. I quite like the model that's been mooted where one game is held at the MCG, another at the home of the top ranked team, and another is bid for, auction/Super Bowl style, presumably by the various governments. And the top ranked team gets to choose the order of those venues, but the MCG has to be one of the first 2 to allow the AFL to meet it's contractual obligations.
I hate the idea of a 3 game Grand Final series.

The tradition of being able to perform on that one day is fantastic, 3 game series would dilute the occasion IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The tradition of being able to perform on that one day is fantastic, 3 game series would dilute the occasion IMO.
First game would be a contest, second game would be a walkover, and third would be a bloodbath. It is not physically possible to play 3 games of GF standard, in a row, at that time of year. And how would the participants front up the next year.

The whole idea is pure fantasy.

Yeah the comp just isn’t totally fair and won’t ever be so long as it is 50% Victorian.

I do think as well that the marvel tenants are pretty distinct from the MCG ones too - smaller clubs and generally less HGA.

As am ambit claim to change the conversation off northern academies I understand why Evans made the argument but I don’t think he even believes it.

Have we ever had a more humble player than BigO. His first instinct is to give credit to others at his own deprecation.
Surely the man is a culture glue among his peers at the club. Respect.

Also, it grated at me the way the commentators on Saturday were so condescending in their commentary and inflection when they were talking about BigO's performance vs Port. Dermot is just a natural condescending flog but the others seem to pick up on it and kept on it. Clearly no one had a brain cell to realize that it was very inappropriate way.

Have we ever had a more humble player than BigO. His first instinct is to give credit to others at his own deprecation.
Surely the man is a culture glue among his peers at the club. Respect.

Also, it grated at me the way the commentators on Saturday were so condescending in their commentary and inflection when they were talking about BigO's performance vs Port. Dermot is just a natural condescending flog but the others seem to pick up on it and kept on it. Clearly no one had a brain cell to realize that it was very inappropriate way.
Derm, Rucciuto, Kelli Underwood are all just brainless and have no business commentating games and sadly I feel Anthony Hudson is regressing in recent years. Very poor calling team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back