Finals, Week 1 - Geelong vs. Western Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Worrying?

We're stuffed!

Naw, we can claw back big scores, but maybe not in a final, against Geelong, plying like this.

The crowd is very quiet? I'd be going mental if I was there!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Luke Darcy sounds like is about to throw a tantrum in the com box. Shouldn't be in there at all. Adds nothing to the game but biased calls.

isnt there a rule in at the moment when there is a shit bounce at the ctr square. it's supposed to be brought back. very interesting. i recon there was 10 shit counces and 5 of them werent brought back. geelong are looking good. they are using the ball better and getting alot of run off half back. that last goal, that was a usual terrible decision by the umpire that we havent seen those decisions given since round 7. but it was a terrible kick in, in the first place

time for ryan griffen to stand up. did he even have a tuoch that quarter? done nothing all year, in fact ray is probably better than him these days.

hopefully it gets closer

Christian said things along the lines of that as well.

Umpires need to wake up to it, I really rate Selwood as a player but what he is doing is the equivalent of diving in soccer.

The thing is, the ONLY intention of diving in soccer is to get a free kick or penatly.
What Selwood does is primarily lift his arms in order to shrug the tackle. The arms of the opponent then go up to the neck region, where a free kick is most often (but not always) paid. You will see that Selwood continues to get rid of the ball most of the time anyway, as the opponent has slipped the tackle. So, it is nothing like diving because there is another, more primary, intention than getting a free kick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Finals, Week 1 - Geelong vs. Western Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back