Opinion Expectations 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

You’d hope they’re just doing core conditioning and not trying to load too much actual muscle on that frame just yet. Insane that he’s still growing that much.

I'm sure you know more about it all than they would.
Considering you have NFI about my background, I don’t understand the shit attitude you are coming at me with.

Honestly, the bipolarity you display and idiocy of some of your posts have me effectively done with posting here.

Considering you have NFI about my background, I don’t understand the s**t attitude you are coming at me with.

Honestly, the bipolarity you display and idiocy of some of your posts have me effectively done with posting here.

I don't like that I've made you feel that way. I can't help my general idiocy but I won't quote or reply to any of your comments anymore. Sorry mate.

I'm sure you know more about it all than they would.
Enough Scrag. This is completely uncalled for and unnecessary. Show respect to others on here or I'll be enforcing the site rules.

Enough Scrag. This is completely uncalled for and unnecessary. Show respect to others on here or I'll be enforcing the site rules.

Enforce all you like. This is my last post on this board. This place has become way too precious for my liking. Enjoy your safe space, snowflakes.

Peace

shocked ron burgundy GIF

My expectations are for supporters to support, no matter what. Our positivity and backing will help the club to thrive. No doubt they are capable and with luck and us behind them, I predict a premiership in 2023.
I actually do hope we see the happy positive Bevo back this year. As much as I like him sticking up for our players he slipped into a pretty negative persona this year and was too bristley. We need the happy chill vibe back

My expectation is for us to get back to playing an exciting brand of footy that starts from a strong team defence and attacking from there.

We have the firepower to challenge.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I just want to go back to an in your face assertive style on attack & defence.

We do our best work when we’re balls to the wall. Say what you will about the back off the mark tactic but it’s just the wrong mentality and seeps into other parts of the game. Our players are at their best when they’re playing on the edge, in the other teams face etc full pressure across the ground, and a more direct-fast paced ball movement to give our new found gun forward line a chance

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Expectation 2023

I would like to see the players make a commitment to play our best football for each other not unlike the commitments made by Geelong and Richmond

Let’s put the hazing, rat pack, drinking, drugs, girls and fast cars behind us and concentrate on a commitment within the player group

Expectation 2023

I would like to see the players make a commitment to play our best football for each other not unlike the commitments made by Geelong and Richmond

A lot of people (including some players unfortunately) fail to realise how powerful this can be.
Champion team beats a team of champions and all that.
Let's do it.

Yes I was referring to the other side of the coin. 2016 was the ultimate example of this. Gws on paper shouldn't have lost a game, they were full of high draft picks and high profile recruits. We were a team of kids, Rookies and desisted free agents.
033c8202d3f2bea8228089afbb249f93

I feel like we will be slept on all pre season externally.

I am expecting us to have a much better crack of things this year. The list structure looks a lot better while I’m also happy with the very early positive reports of how the players have returned to Preseason.

For me the improvement comes off generational talent that has not scratched the surface of what their capable of (JUH & Darcy also I think Smith, Naughton & English have another couple of gears) while a core group of senior players under performed last season compared to usual standards (Bont, Macrae, Daniel, Williams & Keath).

Also after a couple of years in the system I’d like to think at least 2 of Garcia, Bendendo, Buku and VDM can step up and cement a role in the side.

Pretty excited about next year.

There are 22 Dogs players who'll be 25 or younger at the start of the season.

FB: Khamis, Gardner, Gallagher
HB: Cleary, Busslinger, Richards
C: Williams, Smith, Bedendo
HF: Vandermeer, JUH, Darcy
FF: Weightman, Naughton, Clarke
R: English, West, Garcia
IC: Jones, McNeil, Sweet, Raak

That's a really nice back line, a good forward line, and a bit of talent in the midfield. I'm all on board with drafting mids in the first round next year to shore that up, but I think we're in decent shape going into the future. Having this young core surrounded by the elite 26-30 talent on the list, I think we're well placed to make a run at the flag.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back